Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

eXistenZ

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
so i'm conflicted here.

on one hand there is some serious twists and turns in the plot that make for a decent movie, but at the same time you never see the chick naked and there is some seriously wasted opportunity for use of special effects.

for example, they spend a shit ton on CGI creatures but the chick carries a ski boot for a purse.

the movie is very strange and i'm not sure weather or not i love it or despise it.

it's definitely one or the other (love or hate) i'm just not sure yet.

after watching the movie "interception" even crap movies start looking like oscar winning performances so my judgment might be a bit off.

the movie is about people playing a virtual reality game that gets way out of control, many times you find yourself trying to figure out if they are still in the game or not. it's kinda trippy.

anyway have fun with this one, it's worth a watch but it's not the best movie ever made.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
  • xfire:kapteinknivkamp
  • Xbox / GFWL:bayersk
Is sort of like revolver? Where you end up being too confused to make up an opinion afterwards? icon_razz.gif

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (kaptein_knivkamp @ Jan 28 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is sort of like revolver? Where you end up being too confused to make up an opinion afterwards? icon_razz.gif

yes, sorta...

i dunno it's hard to explain without seeing the movie.

one second you are watching some bad acting and horrible special effects, the next second you are watching good acting and ultra real cgi effects.

it's like the people responsible for this movie won the lotto 1/2 way through production and dumped a ton of cash into the back end of it.

the whole movie is centered around gaming, so i'm sure many here will enjoy it, but it's a strange movie to say the least.

it's hard to follow at times, and it's confusing. even at the end you are left with wondering what the hell is going on.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
Watching it now.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (kaptein_knivkamp @ Jan 28 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watching it now.

i can't wait to hear someone else's thoughts on this movie, let me know what you think.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
I really don't know what to make out of it. Maybe everything makes sense in some kind of twisted logic, but a lot of the things just seem to be thrown in there just to confuse the audience icon_confused.gif

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (kaptein_knivkamp @ Jan 28 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't know what to make out of it. Maybe everything makes sense in some kind of twisted logic, but a lot of the things just seem to be thrown in there just to confuse the audience icon_confused.gif

but you can't say it sucked can you...

never felt this way about a movie

like something tells me to hate it, but something tells me there's genius inside

i'll have to watch it again in a week.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
It's hard to say really. So far I haven't come to any conclusion with this movie, nor do I know if there is one.

I'd say that a lot of aspects of the movie sucks, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that the movie sucks.

And why does those ports look like assholes? The big question is weather his character was forced to lick her asshole or if he did it out of free will icon_razz.gif

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (kaptein_knivkamp @ Jan 29 2009, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to say really. So far I haven't come to any conclusion with this movie, nor do I know if there is one.

I'd say that a lot of aspects of the movie sucks, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that the movie sucks.

And why does those ports look like assholes? The big question is weather his character was forced to lick her asshole or if he did it out of free will icon_razz.gif

but remember, the whole idea is sometimes they have no control, and sometimes the game won't progress until some key event happens.

so maybe licking her back hole was part of the game. if you notice she didn't get all into him until he did that

and lol @ the boot.

i can't tell if this is a high budget film made to look shitty or a low budget film made to look expensive. the lizard thing with the two heads was well done, so was the gun, and the back ports, but then the chick is toting around a ski boot and the sets look fake.

is it supposed to look fake like a video game, or is it supposed to be very real and they just suck at it.

it's very confusing.

the first time i saw the game pods on the peoples laps it was the loudest i've ever said "WTF" watching a movie by myself.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
  • Steam ID:100sph
  • Gamer Army ID:3335
  • Company:Delta
My boss and I were talking about mindfuck films once and he reccommended this to me. I still haven't seen it because of the title. I guess I really should give it a try, I feel like there's some actor there that I like or the director is somebody I like.
The Blackman is God

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Jimmy Rabbitte @ Jan 30 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My boss and I were talking about mindfuck films once and he reccommended this to me. I still haven't seen it because of the title. I guess I really should give it a try, I feel like there's some actor there that I like or the director is somebody I like.

it's a mind fuck film as far as genre goes, but doesn't hold a candle to films like primer that keep you up for week trying to figure it out.

you are left with a few questions but it's too confusing and abstract to give a shit about.

for me it was a movie i kinda want to watch twice to catch a few things but will probably never get around to it.

there's no burning desire to crack the code, just a feeling of having watched a movie and i'm done with it.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
Who here is for a Mindfuck Movie Thread?
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
QUOTE (Joby's Brother @ Feb 1 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who here is for a Mindfuck Movie Thread?

nah each movie should get their own thread if people want to talk about it

otherwise it'l be like the anime/manga thread where we kind of have discussions about gundam 00 and clannad overlapping and stupid stuff like that

plus its not like the mindfuck movie threads are cluttering the place up
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users