Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking Ahead

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Jarett

Jarett
  • Root Admin
  • 109 posts
There's always been a certain 'magic' when working on Pure Pwnage - things would just consistently end up better than we'd planned. It would take me pages to recount the serendipitous moments we've experienced producing the show these past few years. If we needed a thunderstorm on a particular night in the Netherlands, it was there. If we needed actors, locations, the support of friends... it always came together beyond expectations. After working on something for so long and enjoying the steady success we've been so fortunate to have had, it was easy to forget how uncertain and fragile life really is. Last month, we were all reminded.

The support from our community has been truly overwhelming and appreciated by everyone here. We're also grateful for your patience in giving us the time required to properly consider the show's future. I regret not having a more open dialogue in recent months, and it's something we plan to remedy going forward.

We've begun work again on episode 19. I won't deny there's a lot of work to do and that the work is often depressing given the circumstances, but the show will continue. It wouldn't be wise for us to estimate a release date at this stage, but I will say that the next episode will be released either directly on purepwnage.com or at a short-notice Bloor Cinema event (if the cinema happens to be available on short-notice). As soon as we're able to announce a solid release day, we will.

We've been keeping very busy at ROFLMAO these past five months. On top of the web series, there are two new major projects in development. As is usually the case with super-awesome projects, we're not yet able to discuss one of them publicly, but the other is finally nearing completion beta and ready to have the curtain pulled back just a little bit.

When I was growing up, I used to run a BBS out of my bedroom that focused on multiplayer games (and of course some 1337 p/h/a/c/v). This was pre-Internet stuff, back when individual computers used modems measured in bauds to call other individual computers on the phone and exchange data at a rate that was slower than you can read text... assuming you were lucky enough to not get a busy signal in the first place. As archaic as it seems already, this was really the dawn of 'online gaming' and a very memorable time in my life. While most of the games were simply text, it never stopped them from being incredibly fun and addictive. The 'massively multiplayer' game was born.

I've always felt it's a shame that some genres didn't evolve the way I expected them to, and I've always wanted to take a chance (or two, or three) at creating games of my own. In fact, from the age of 10 I had intended to pursue a career in "making games". Life being how it is though, I stumbled into and fell in love with stand-up comedy while in university and never looked back. The success of Pure Pwnage these past few years gave me the chance to revisit my childhood dream and I couldn't pass it up. In the summer of 2007 I met with two interested and talented coders in Toronto and we started to draw up plans on how to properly bring my favorite genre of BBS game into the 21st century. The result is a massively-multiplayer turn-based web game with a flash interface, gorgeous artwork, high-quality music and sound, live-acted video content delivered through the game, and of course no worries about getting a busy signal when you want to play.

We'll be starting the closed beta in the coming weeks, which will be announced here soon. In the meantime I'll leave you with some mysterious development artwork and let your imaginations have some fun.

*note: this is not the mighty Vasectomy

Thank you all again for your support and patience. 2009 is going to be an amazing year for Pure Pwnage.

TheCh*ckenFace

TheCh*ckenFace
  • Members
  • 998 posts
  • Interests:Food, drink, films, games, music and other stuff humans tend to enjoy...
Woo hoo! New post!
Great to see things getting back on track. From the brief description of the game, looks as though it may be as innovative and original as Pure Pwnage! Let's hope it has similar success icon_wink.gif

special3yj3.jpg
...the forums have gone down hill since those days :(

Spookyman-X

Spookyman-X
  • Members
  • 110 posts
Take your time, and good luck!

By the way, those screens look interestingly bizarre. I like the style.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Holy hell - Its hard not to say Developing a game is every gamers dream. Or their dream game for that matter. I am really excited to see this game be produced and possibly see it tied into the show some how! I am glad to hear the team (seems like) they are doing well, and thanks for the positive outlook for 2k9 ^__^

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Wow, this is awesome! This fucking scared me for a couple of seconds I thought you guys were stopping the show. Anyhow, take your time with PurePwnage and I can't wait to see what happens with this game.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

hummus

hummus
  • Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:i dunno i dont even play games anymore what am I doing here?
Nice to hear something from the crew after all this waiting, something that is even more nicer to hear is that you're still gonna make the show. Awesome!

EDIT: is the game gonna be called "The only game on the shelf that doesn't lick mah ballz"? icon_biggrin.gif

FPS_Andrew

FPS_Andrew
  • GA Private
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:PC: BF 2142, CS:S, TF2, C&amp;C 3, Halo, Battlefront II<br /><br />XBox: Halo, COD 4, GoW, Lost Planet<br /><br />Nintendo: Super Mario Bros (1,2,3), Super Mario World, SM Galaxy, Zelda, Super Mario 64, Zelda, Mario Kart, DBZ Budokai: Tenkaichi 2<br /><br />Game Boy: Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Brothers<br /><br />PS2: Jak and Daxter, Ace Combat, God of War<br /><br />PSP: Daxter, BFrnt 2, DBZ Another Road
  • Xbox / GFWL:Joustra
  • Gamer Army ID:1943
Appreciate the update. It must be hard for you guys, but its really admirable that you're continuing work, the way Troy would've wanted.

Game sounds really cool and exciting, can't wait to hear more, and to see some pwange soon.

-Andrew

Amish

Amish
  • Members
  • 455 posts
  • xfire:am1sh
  • Steam ID:am1sh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Amizh
Updaitz!

Nice to see the show coming back on track. Cant wait for updates on your projects, and hopefully we will see some grate work soon icon_smile.gif
QUOTE (dawei @ Jul 26 2007, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am probably more pro than your mum.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Oh wow! Thanks guys! Can't wait for the game and the new ep. icon_biggrin.gif

Troop18546

Troop18546
  • Members
  • 2 posts
It's interesting to see what kind of game it will end up being.

Though, I wish you guys would consider releasing the episodes you had done to see as a treat. I mean, re-making it is such a waste. I'm sure the new eps would've been awesome.

Ximensions

Ximensions

Positive Climb, Gear Up

• Retired Staff
  • 3,108 posts
  • xfire:ximensions
  • Interests:Aviation, physics, computer art, history, cooking
  • Gamer Army ID:6
Very happy for you - that you've realised your dreams, Jarett. icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to the new episode and the game.

The success of Pure Pwnage really has been phenomenal and it makes me feel very proud to be in this privileged position.
For the love of God, it's spelt r i diculous!

globe_rocks

globe_rocks
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Steam ID:globerocks
  • Xbox / GFWL:Granude
good luck with the game

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
That's awesome news. Looking forward to just about anything Pure Pwnage has planned for the future. icon_wink.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
It's a strange coincidence.. I was listening to "Jizz in my pants" When I F5'd the main page..and I DID JIZZ IN MY PANTS. icon_biggrin.gif

I had been wondering what type of game you had been working on.. before this, I hadn't ever before heard of BBS games..

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Dr Dozzy

Dr Dozzy
  • GA Colonel
  • 609 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:215
  • Company:Gamma
I wish you guys the best of success in the future, including your most recent projects.
Eternally tired
IZGIZZIS...
of course!

Evan

Evan
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Wow I can't believe it... Pure Pwnage started off so small and now look at it... They're starting their own game. I can't wait to try it out. Be careful with it mabey liek ask for advice or take polls on what would be good if your in a dilema.

cjboonie

cjboonie

Community Member of The Month - Feb 2008

• GA Lieutenant Colonel
  • 1,052 posts
  • xfire:na
  • Interests:lol'ing.<br />i am a software engineer by trade. study hard kids - it is worth it.
  • Xbox / GFWL:na
  • PSN:na
  • Wii:na
  • Gamer Army ID:2744
  • Company:Pi
i am so happy. thank you for your words.
the best place to have a short-notice premiere is melbourne of course!

sign me up for the closed beta - PLEASE
Vasec, Vasec!
PPftw
BoL: this game only scrolls in one direction so we have to suck it up and keep moving
QUOTE (rick_2k @ Dec 22 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PP to me is a gift made by some talented guys and gals who like to do it and give us a great quality show for free.

QUOTE (Anthrax704 @ Apr 3 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's out of 1337.

QUOTE (denwO @ Feb 26 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once saw a guy on tour around my university wearing an uber micro hoodie, so I went to chat to him. He was a complete dick.

QUOTE (lil hades 87 @ Feb 17 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are 3 or 4 people in my school who wear purepwnage shirts.. Sadly, they are mostly retarded :(

QUOTE (ya_ba - re ep16 fanchat @ Mar 31 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not even sure what the answer to my question was lol I was there for 5 minutes to look at Dave and that's about it.

QUOTE (anatomy187 @ May 22 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's because I live in <...> and everyone is braindead when it comes to games and computers so when I tell them I'm in a "Gamer Army" they think I'm a fucking genius.
QUOTE (Nestey @ Jun 4 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmm attention.... yes...we needs it... we wants it precious.....

QUOTE (Jarett @ Aug 7 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's going to kick some serious fucking TV ass.

BiOReEsYOmEgA

BiOReEsYOmEgA
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:RTS, RPG, FPS I like physics based game as well as tactical. I like Anime, J-Culture I like Japanese styled games I am heading towards a career in Computer science, I don't want to game develop although I may try it I want to be at the forefront of computer technology so that we can like wire our brains up to games and stuff ;P Also learning Japanese.
  • Steam ID:ST3000_BioReesyOmega
  • Xbox / GFWL:BiOReEsYOmEgA
  • PSN:TheOneReesy
Since Christmas ive been looking on the homepage of the site everyday hopeing that show will go on, but anouncing a beta of a game too it was worth the wait!!!

F3nG50n

F3nG50n
  • GA Private
  • 7 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2903
Sweet.
Hope to see new posts soon :-)

Panic92

Panic92
  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:re4per666
  • Steam ID:re4per666
  • PSN:Panic_92
Glad to finally hear how things are going with you icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see how your project is going to turn out, so happy to hear that you are continuing Pure Pwnage aswell icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users