Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking Ahead

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Keppler

Keppler
  • Members
  • 10 posts
It's nice to see that you're back and its especially great that you're continuing the show + a game icon_biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work!

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
Awesome that everything is going fine. I personally don't mind the delay, but I was worried for the show's future. As for the direct to internet/short notice, this may cost some money because some may not be able to travel to Toronto fast enough if there was a screening. So either way, it may not bring as much revenue as it has previous times, and may not bring revenue at all if it's direct to internet. But with the death of Troy, and the re-working of the plot and everything it's understandable.
GL HF.
Hitman.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:8
Good to see an update. I wish you all the best of luck with any form of future Pwnage.

-den icon_cool.gif

Troy :(

Tjharwin

Tjharwin
  • GA Private
  • 509 posts
  • xfire:Tjharwin
  • Interests:Video Games, Music, Piano, Biking, Basketball, Darts, Movies, Anime
  • Steam ID:Tjharwin
  • Wii:1411727041221402
  • Gamer Army ID:3669
  • Company:Gamma
The cake was not a lie! PURE PWNAGE IS IN FACT 'STILL ALIVE'!

But seriously, making VG's now? I've gotta see how this turns out. Can't say it sounds like a good idea, but do what you enjoy Jarrett.

#1 Resident Evil Fan

Stealthyy

Stealthyy
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • xfire:solo508
Thanks a lot for the update Jarret! I'll be sure to check out that beta when its on. icon_smile.gif

Silly question but what exactly is a BBS game? Must have been before my time.

SouLThps

SouLThps
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Glad to see everything is back on track, the game also sounds interesting icon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait for either them, keep up the great work

The Zodiac

The Zodiac
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Music, Art of all kinds.
QUOTE (Stealthyy @ Jan 28 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot for the update Jarret! I'll be sure to check out that beta when its on. icon_smile.gif

Silly question but what exactly is a BBS game? Must have been before my time.

http://letmegoogleth...t is a BBS game

Fenix

Fenix
  • GA Private
  • 1,080 posts
  • xfire:Fenix1
  • Steam ID:FenixSX or Saionce
  • PSN:FenixSX
  • Wii:Stolen
  • Gamer Army ID:187
Can't wait.

Nice to see some news, I always get depressed when I type in the URL for PP and see TD on the front.

Bamse

Bamse
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • xfire:fpsbamse
QUOTE (The Zodiac @ Jan 28 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice to hear from the pp crew. I which i good luck in the future pp_smiley7.gif

/B@m$

Join the fight against noobidity !

Guest_Kraz_*

Guest_Kraz_*
  • Guests
I just wanna say I'm really happy you're continuing the series. I await Episode 19 with open arms whether it comes tomorrow or next year =) it's the way he would have wanted it.

Also, I look forward to trying out the game ^_^

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
Love the bit about BBS.

I too had a BBS out of my room. I would play Legend of the Red Dragon text based game like daily. Oh violet, when will my charm be high enough?

heh.... man... talk about taking it back to the day.... the days of BBS were absolutley exciting for those of us that were lucky enough to be exposed to them. I remember getting my 14.4 baud rate modem and thinking, "Holy shit this thing is FAST." lol

good times...

LoLto

LoLto
  • Members
  • 112 posts
Great to hear from the PP crew, I am excited to see what has been in the works! icon_smile.gif

Mr_Zain

Mr_Zain
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Dear Pure Pwnage Team,

It can't be an easy time for you all and to which I offer my deepest sympathies but it is really positive to see the continuation of the show and also the continuation of projects in gaming concerning actual gamers. I've watched the episodes multiple times and think there is more to the good game experience than developers are currently instilling in their productions of epic fail. Your influence is an inspiration to all gamers looking for that competitive element and I think it is people like yourselves that have the potential to change online gaming and revive the competitive element as a prime concern into the future. As gaming increases in social awareness it is you guys at the forefront of any change to come - and for that I personally thank you in choosing to continue with the show and also with a life in gaming. Take all the time you need in respect to what has happened your true fans will definitely bide their time in anticipation of more content.

It has been a pleasure to watch this experience grow from its humble beginnings - even if I wasn't posting back then haha.

Regards,

Zain

Metropolis

Metropolis
  • GA Private
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Gaming
    Weed
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/panicattack/
  • PSN:N/A
  • Wii:N/A
  • Gamer Army ID:1808
Glad to see you guys are getting back to your feet. Take as much time as everyone needs.

The game looks strange , but the BETA will give me something to do!!

-metro

Gibson SG 1961 ReissueJohn Petrucci BFR 7 Bahama Blue Burst Quilt
metrotoolmante3.gif

SPK

SPK
  • GA Corporal
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:RA3 is much better than I expected! Looking forward to SC2.
  • Xbox / GFWL:xbmc FTW
  • PSN:SPK!
  • Gamer Army ID:2850
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Jan 28 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the bit about BBS.

I too had a BBS out of my room. I would play Legend of the Red Dragon text based game like daily. Oh violet, when will my charm be high enough?

heh.... man... talk about taking it back to the day.... the days of BBS were absolutley exciting for those of us that were lucky enough to be exposed to them. I remember getting my 14.4 baud rate modem and thinking, "Holy shit this thing is FAST." lol

good times...

14.4? My best was 2800bps (2.8 baud) until the Internet came to town. ("Cardboard box?" "Yup" "You were lucky!")

What a time! BBS's everwhere, Fido mail to keep in touch with anyone, anywhere (round trip "email" could take around 3-5 days depending where you sent it from, and where you sent it to!) all running from "some guy's bedroom". I would do the rounds of different Boards nightly, fighting for a spot amidst boards with only one phone line and a one hour session limit. LORD was a fave, along with Tradewars 2002. 2 games I played nightly on many boards. wow.

Many Thanks to IW4 for the link. I can't believe that stuff is still around - I think I still have some datapac numbers printed out on dot matrix around here somewhere.

/old school salute

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
Great update guys. It answered all the questions that have been building up in the community over the past month.

dubbs

dubbs
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,346 posts
  • Steam ID:dubbs332
  • PSN:JJAMUS
  • Gamer Army ID:621
This update has revitalized my enthusiasm for the show... For awhile there it seemed like nothing was ever going to happen. Thank you for bringing us back into the loop, so to speak.

Looking forward to things to come, especially the game. PP is great, too, but it's sparked certain interest for me. icon_smile.gif

Bolvolly

Bolvolly
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • xfire:bolvolly
  • Interests:Playing Games, Pwnin n00bs, 3dsMax, Music.
  • Steam ID:novadimension
Good luck for the future - PP means so much to all of us.
teeenn eiigghttyyy peeee.

DonMatteo

DonMatteo
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • xfire:donmatteo13
  • Interests:Pure pwnage, PS2, PS3,PC,Xbox 360,Movies,Music
  • PSN:DonMatteo13
thank god u guys didnt stop the show it pwns on the net,i cant wait for the new ep and when i read that you guys are making a game i was stoked
keep up the great work and dont stop doing what you do

Stealthyy

Stealthyy
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • xfire:solo508
QUOTE (The Zodiac @ Jan 28 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not stupid. I did google it before I asked here but if you actually look at the results it gives you will find none of them explain what the hell a BBS game is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users