Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking Ahead

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Corax

Corax
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Wii:1418159459388020
yea definately take your time on this, but dont set the bar too high for the first game. I used to make maps for Quake (yea Quake 1) and the first map was a definate throw away until i got the feel of it, not to say that the entire game is going to be a throw away, but you should expect to do some major revamping, or scrapping ideas, and remember, there was Wolfenstein 3D before there was Doom.

And i know you already stress gameplay first and foremost, which is nice.

Goet

Goet
  • Members
  • 27 posts
Would definately like to try the beta as well, just another game to put on my arcade unit!

Good to hear from ya papa J

Would definately like to try the beta as well, just another game to put on my arcade unit!

IW4

IW4

MotM Sept '07 | Fried ice cream is a reality!

• GA Major General
  • 1,722 posts
  • xfire:IW4
  • Steam ID:IW4
  • Xbox / GFWL:IW4
  • Gamer Army ID:42
Oh, man...way to take me back into the day, Jarett. I was all about BBSes long before I had ever heard of the Internet (much to my parents' chagrin, since every BBS I ever connected to was long-distance).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna spend my last half-hour at work looking through textfiles.com.

In my defence, Bangkok is one of the few places on earth where a person can have sex by accident.
"I have a forest of little yellow-headed dicks on my desk." —KragNaroK

HalcyonAndOn

HalcyonAndOn
  • GA Private
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Team Fortress 2; Half Life series; Harvest Moon, Especially Friends of Mineral Town; Sci-fi racers, such as F-Zero, and Mario Kart; Resident Evil 4, Starcraft, Super Smash Bros., Left 4 dead.
  • Steam ID:Sithlord9
  • Wii:6525081732697996
  • Gamer Army ID:3142
Thank you for your time and for filling us in!
Sounds like some exciting stuff going on, I'm looking forward to it all.

Irish Pyrate

Irish Pyrate

He blew me to the CEILING!!!!

• GA Major
  • 563 posts
  • Steam ID:IrishPyrate
  • Xbox / GFWL:IrishPyrate
  • Gamer Army ID:2165
  • Company:Juliet
But I'm very glad that things are moving forward. I never really thought that the show would stop, as I'm sure Troy wouldn't have wanted such a big part of his life to stop just because he couldn't be in it anymore.

I'm very excited to see this new game. Admittedly I've never played a BBS before (I'm still young in the ways of the internet), but the general concept is looking AMAZING.

And it looks like the robot on the left is either going to eat the tree (would explain the emblem over his junk) or shove them up someone's ass and deliver MAXIMUM DAMAGE. lol

Kick ass, guys. \m/
-Kait aka the Irish Pyrate
TIGERIZGIZZIS + MAWBLE CAHLUMS

Killswitch571

Killswitch571
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Video Games<br />Girls<br />Sports<br /><br />That's really about it..
  • Steam ID:nigel509
  • Xbox / GFWL:Killswitch571
  • Wii:4596-9430-4703
uafgeadsgfadgfad

i love you.

Ph0biA

Ph0biA
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 1,490 posts
  • xfire:iamphobia
  • Steam ID:Ph0biA
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGA Ph0biA
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:178
  • Company:Golf
I think I speak for everyone when I say:

"Thanks for the update!" and
"I cant wait to see the game when its finished!"

I think were all glad to know you guys are still making the show and that you're working on one too.

smahyt

smahyt
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • xfire:smahyt
  • Xbox / GFWL:smahyt
Take your time, it's just good to hear back from the crew. Good luck.

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,732 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
great to hear, but when can we expect Vasectomy? Is this game like the prequel? (I kid, I kid). Beta Key FTW?

I think I speak for everyone (that has a reasonably functional brain) when I say that we would like a premiere event at Bloor. Hell, if it has to be after the episode is already released, I would still love it. I have yet to make it to a premiere and I'll be damned if complaints from some of the community will put that to a halt!

Too often I have literally dreamed of meeting the cast. I want that dream to become a reality where I can sit down at a bar with you guys and mebbe buy you a beer (JUST ONE DAMNIT! I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY!)

/salute

Chiraen

Chiraen
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • xfire:Chiraen
Good Luck

3clipse

3clipse
  • Members
  • 88 posts
Nice to hear from you!

Can't wait to hear more about the new stuff.

Decided it was time for a sig . . .

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Yay an update! If there's a preimer at bloor in the coming months i'll be there as always.

johnSTAR

johnSTAR
  • GA Private
  • 7 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:970
So, you are indeed making a game. I think that's something many gamers always think about and want to achieve, but very few actually gets about it.

Somehow it's always easier to modify the ideas of others (and give critique). Maybe that's just human nature and what drove us to what we are now: being able to quickly pick up the basic idea and enhance it and thus make the end result better than the original concept. My point being it would be very hard to engineer, say, a bicycle from the ground up if noone hadn't previously thought of the wheel and chain mechanics.

Anyway, my thoughts are running with me, I wish you the best of luck with it!
www.johnstar.dk

Corpus

Corpus
  • GA Private
  • 797 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:CorpuS11
  • Gamer Army ID:2298
  • Company:Bravo
Thnx for the much awaited update, Jarett.

MMO+Turnbased??? No wai!!! I grew up on turn based rpgs and the like. I'm rather excited. Very cool. =D

Gordoss

Gordoss
  • Members
  • 2,232 posts
Turn on CNN: Israel is at it again...

Turn on PurePwnage.com: righteousness.

PEACEBLOWS.
Guns, Gold, Ganj, & Ammunition.

shawnrez

shawnrez
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Wrestling, Comic Books
Thank you so much for the update! It really eases my mind and worries just to hear that things are happening.

Thank you for continuing to work on Episode 19. As has been mentioned many times in the past month, I hope that we will get to see any footage of Troy that was already shot for the new ep (even if its just for a post-episode tribute).

That game sounds like a blast! I never really played bbs games before, but I will definitely put in the hours on this one when it comes out. We've gotta support the PP crew!!

Again, thank you so much for the update. It is very much appreciated!

The Zodiac

The Zodiac
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Music, Art of all kinds.
I'll be severely disappointed if this game is not called "The only game on the shelf that doesn't suck my balls."

AOD

AOD
  • GA Sergeant
  • 310 posts
  • xfire:vashji
  • Gamer Army ID:1477
  • Company:Bravo
I hope the cinema will be available on short notice. as it will be as awesome as ever. And I wonder how Vasectomy is going be.
FABRIC CANNONS!
How could we've been so blind.

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
Very interesting...

Can't wait to see how this BETA stuff goes, and how Ep 19 turns out.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jan 27 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a strange coincidence.. I was listening to "Jizz in my pants" When I F5'd the main page..and I DID JIZZ IN MY PANTS. icon_biggrin.gif

I had been wondering what type of game you had been working on.. before this, I hadn't ever before heard of BBS games..

you young people

the big issue I had with bbs games was things like:
You are in a room there is a desk with a lamp on it
>look lamp
you see no lamp
pp_smiley10.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users