Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RTS Games i should buy?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
haha just watched that wc vid, that must have been really fustrating to fight against
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

Sanktuin

Sanktuin
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:Sanktuin
QUOTE (Nuada @ Jan 16 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You either suck at both, or you're just dumb.

I've played both competitively.

StarCraft is a much harder, more in depth game that war3.

War 3 strategy involves these things:

Unit composition
Hero selection
Creeping

That's it. Unit composition and hero selection are the more important ones.

StarCraft involves this:

Unit selection
Unit positioning (unlike war3 with gay ass town portals)
Long term planning (war3 is just mass tier 1 and try to overrun, or fast tech to tier 3)
More complicated BO's as well as a larger variety. (war3 is stupid easy to learn because there are only 2-3 BO's, it doesn't even matter what matchup your playing)

And that's only the beginning...

This isn't even talking about the skill required. Macro in war3 is ridiculously easy. The micro is 10x easier than starcraft. Units last for 20-30 seconds before they die unless they get ensared or something. In sc if you look away for even three, your entire army can be gone when you look back.

yeah only won zotac twice, im a real wc3 noob.

sc is much harder: yes, because it is older and the average skill level is higher
macro in wc3 is easy: correct, but i never said anything else...
micro is easier, because 20-30 seconds.. erm wtf im getting eye cancer reading that... its not only harder in wc3, but also more important than in sc... in sc it doesnt matter losing some units.... and also 3 seconds is enough to kill a huge army in wc3.. wtf have u ever played it in your life? oh yeah... "competitively"... says a lot, bet u were a real n00b @both

now to ure weird... stuff

Unit composition
Hero selection
Creeping
for wc3
let me add the following:
mapcontrol
more variaty
hero combinations, not only selection
positioning
expos (more important than in sc... because every one counts)

lets come to sc...

Unit selection - incorrect, compared to wc3, every game has the same units unless some1 is doing some cheesy shit... no dont say u do in wc3, because u dont.... small example talons vs bears&dryads against orc, millions of variations with hu, fiends statues dessis or fiends casters in ud vs orc etc......

Unit positioning (unlike war3 with gay ass town portals) - wot? are you serious? ever thought why u need open fields for mass casters n stuff? lol... by sc its a lot less than in wc3, because there u have ONLY got either highground or lowground.. in wc3 uve got that + the type of field which counts....

Long term planning (war3 is just mass tier 1 and try to overrun, or fast tech to tier 3) - erm.... noob lol icon_biggrin.gif never heard such a bullshit in my life n00b... and long term planning... well sc u do ure strat and thats it... t vs p for example is always mechs... ALWAYS! wc3 is never the same, and u have to react to the opponent... the only reaction u get in sc is to expos attacks etc... and oh wait what a surprise... you have also got that @ wc3

More complicated BO's as well as a larger variety. (war3 is stupid easy to learn because there are only 2-3 BO's, it doesn't even matter what matchup your playing) - well... no..... not really... yes you have got different bos... more than @ wc3, but not much more. And also @ wc3 youve got more important building positioning than @ sc...... only blocking so a zergling cant pass through and stuff like that...

by the way to the part with stupid easy to learn, its quite a coincidence... but today for the first time since long i found a beginner @ wc3, and its increadible.... he really sucks ass! Not the "omg, short learning term" and stuff like that...........

Your opinion about sc is... well sort of correct i guess, but your knowledge about wc3 is extremly.... funny? brings me to tears? i dont know how to say it, but you definatly suck at wc3. Or never played it. Either way, your bad

War29388

War29388
  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • xfire:war29388
I hate joining in flame wars, but I've had a longg day, very tired, so I deserve to be a little BM, and here it is icon_biggrin.gif

Now its REALLY obvious you've not played starcraft past E-...EVER but anyway..

lets come to sc...

Unit positioning (unlike war3 with gay ass town portals) - wot? are you serious? ever thought why u need open fields for mass casters n stuff? lol... by sc its a lot less than in wc3, because there u have ONLY got either highground or lowground.. in wc3 uve got that + the type of field which counts....

You've got NO idea how much unit positioning is required in sc. It is absolutely essential, and just the positioning of a few units can actually claim the game. (One I distinctly remember, cant recall the names, but was on bluestorm TvP, T pushed with few tanks to sweet spot, couldnt reach it so took ground nearby. This made P panic, waste army and so T won.)

More complicated BO's as well as a larger variety. (war3 is stupid easy to learn because there are only 2-3 BO's, it doesn't even matter what matchup your playing) - well... no..... not really... yes you have got different bos... more than @ wc3, but not much more. And also @ wc3 youve got more important building positioning than @ sc...... only blocking so a zergling cant pass through and stuff like that...

Building positioning is VERY important in sc, as important as in wc3. Pros practice building placement on the maps ALOT to get a perfect spot for gateways/factories, starports for late game, hidden techs at start, anti cheese, supply depots, turrets etc.

Your opinion about wc3 is... well sort of correct i guess, but your knowledge about sc is extremly.... funny? brings me to tears? i dont know how to say it, but you definatly suck at sc. Or never played it. Either way, your bad

QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Nov 9 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
warlord u gosu ^_^

freeze: SHOOOWWWWMATCCCHHHHH :D

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Sanktuin, Junge echt jetzt, der Post ist unlesbar.

ArmoredSandwich

ArmoredSandwich
  • Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • xfire:unseendevil
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Jan 19 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pffft, Duits FTL! XD

There must be some kind of way out of here...

RoieTRS

RoieTRS
  • Banned
  • 770 posts
  • xfire:RoieTRS
  • Interests:RA3, SC, TF2, SSBB
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Jan 18 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<hitler joke here>

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Jan 18 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lachen Sie laut, Packesel

j/k <3

(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
God damn, Nuada. You must be the most pimpin' shit for being so pro at SC eh? Some of the people you responded to didn't even say anything that wrong and yet you flip a shit over them. I bet you do play SC competitively and could probably kick my ass in it any day. But is this shit really that serious? I mean, do you even make any money off of playing SC? Didn't think so. What's the matta with you face?

Gorthakk

Gorthakk
  • Members
  • 288 posts
You have won zotac twice, who are you?

Javea1

Javea1

Member Of The Month October 2007 | Best RTS Contributor

• Members
  • 1,681 posts
  • xfire:Javea1
  • Interests:RTS
  • Xbox / GFWL:Javea
  • Wii:4339-2250-4654
Jesus christ.. stop the fucking flame war and lock this thread pointless already. It's going absolutely nowhere, and I thought this was supposed to be settled three years ago with Fritobag's "No more ZH vs WC3 vs SC threads tolerated."

We really need a more active moderator in the RTS section. icon_rolleyes.gif

-Jav
"Gonna cook a pizza... think about the patch." -Day[9]

RoieTRS

RoieTRS
  • Banned
  • 770 posts
  • xfire:RoieTRS
  • Interests:RA3, SC, TF2, SSBB
QUOTE (Javea1 @ Jan 18 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jesus christ.. stop the fucking flame war and lock this thread pointless already. It's going absolutely nowhere, and I thought this was supposed to be settled three years ago with Fritobag's "No more ZH vs WC3 vs SC threads tolerated."

-Jav

Or we can direct the flame towards the mod that we have. icon_wink.gif

Sanktuin

Sanktuin
  • Members
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (Javea1 @ Jan 18 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-Jav

what, i think its funny reading one person trying to argument against 2 of my points which results in him thinking he... "showed it" or something like that..... and the german guy who apparently doesnt know what i meant... dont you laugh?

edit: its just so sweet, he doesnt "show me" that im utterly incorrect as i did with the other guy, he just shows me 2 points where sc can actually compete with wc3....

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
deth/hering for RTS mods imo =)

xXSIRMONKEYXx

xXSIRMONKEYXx
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Paintball, FPS, BF2, movies, golf
  • Xbox / GFWL:EK teh pro89
D) All of the above

Shasla117

Shasla117
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Shasla117
dawn of war 2. wait for that
play company of heroes while waiting for some of the other RTS's to come out

War29388

War29388
  • Members
  • 496 posts
QUOTE (Sanktuin @ Jan 18 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what, i think its funny reading one person trying to argument against 2 of my points which results in him thinking he... "showed it" or something like that..... and the german guy who apparently doesnt know what i meant... dont you laugh?

edit: its just so sweet, he doesnt "show me" that im utterly incorrect as i did with the other guy, he just shows me 2 points where sc can actually compete with wc3....

Right thats it, you're obviously just stupid, thanks for settling that for me icon_smile.gif You must be REALLY retarded, I dont think SC is better than WC3, NOR WC3 is better than SC, but for some fucked up reason, you think WC3 is better. I responded to the relevant sections that reverted to that, and corrected your incompetence.

And TRYING to argue against two of your points? I did show you you were COMPLETELY incorrect, did you not read my post? Or was it the grasping and understanding aspect that your brain just couln't process. I just completely corrected your EXTREMELY low knowledge on the game starcraft, and infact you talked SO much smack, I would like your wc3 aka to see if you're not just talking shit aswell about your wc3 skill. You've already dodged that question once, so lets see if you dodge it again, or just name someone you're not, so we need proof aswell. If you dont reply with atleast an AKA, then we all now that EVERYTHING you've posted is just full of shit

I don't even know now why I'm replying to you, I thought from the first post you must either be A) REALLY young, or B) REALLY stupid by the way you typed, but now I, and pretty much anyone else that reads your posts, think that aswell. Nice job kiddo

Note: I do know why I reply, cos its funny to watch you make stupid posts kekeke^^ but try less next time, your last 2 were too stupid lol icon_smile.gif

warlord u gosu ^_^

Agust3

Agust3
  • Members
  • 367 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Jan 18 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
deth/hering for RTS mods imo =)

QFT
this tread need a lock...

I also agre on that you might want to try out DoW2 when it comes might be good and its still far till SC2 (witch will rape all games ever made icon_razz.gif)

Sanktuin

Sanktuin
  • Members
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (War29388 @ Jan 19 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right thats it, you're obviously just stupid, thanks for settling that for me icon_smile.gif You must be REALLY retarded, I dont think SC is better than WC3, NOR WC3 is better than SC, but for some fucked up reason, you think WC3 is better. I responded to the relevant sections that reverted to that, and corrected your incompetence.

And TRYING to argue against two of your points? I did show you you were COMPLETELY incorrect, did you not read my post? Or was it the grasping and understanding aspect that your brain just couln't process. I just completely corrected your EXTREMELY low knowledge on the game starcraft, and infact you talked SO much smack, I would like your wc3 aka to see if you're not just talking shit aswell about your wc3 skill. You've already dodged that question once, so lets see if you dodge it again, or just name someone you're not, so we need proof aswell. If you dont reply with atleast an AKA, then we all now that EVERYTHING you've posted is just full of shit

I don't even know now why I'm replying to you, I thought from the first post you must either be A) REALLY young, or B) REALLY stupid by the way you typed, but now I, and pretty much anyone else that reads your posts, think that aswell. Nice job kiddo

Note: I do know why I reply, cos its funny to watch you make stupid posts kekeke^^ but try less next time, your last 2 were too stupid lol icon_smile.gif

your so funny^^ i didnt say wc3 is better than wc3, just that wc3 has got more strategy in it than sc.... which you could not counter icon_wink.gif just making 2 of the many points i said less valuable doesnt make it equal.... and also, you didnt "show me that i was completely incorrect", you just "showed me" that i was a bit mistaken icon_razz.gif

(didnt you say you dont like flamewars? proving the opposite here arent we?)

and about my wc3 aka... tell me one thing why should i? to prove you what? does it make my knowledge about wc3 less? you havent got any counter arguments on wc3 that i wrote so you cant say its all shit what i wrote... thats the biggest bullshit ive ever heard... and other than that there is no reason... do i look like i want to be pmd by shitters like u?

By the way, i do know why you replied: because i offended you directly and you have to prove that you are the "better man"... although you clearly are not

edit: learn how to lead a conversation and an argument

Agust3

Agust3
  • Members
  • 367 posts
QUOTE (Sanktuin @ Jan 19 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your so funny^^ i didnt say wc3 is better than wc3, just that wc3 has got more strategy in it than sc.... which you could not counter icon_wink.gif just making 2 of the many points i said less valuable doesnt make it equal.... and also, you didnt "show me that i was completely incorrect", you just "showed me" that i was a bit mistaken icon_razz.gif

and about my wc3 aka... tell me one thing why should i? to prove you what? does it make my knowledge about wc3 less? you havent got any counter arguments on wc3 that i wrote so you cant say its all shit what i wrote... thats the biggest bullshit ive ever heard... and other than that there is no reason... do i look like i want to be pmd by shitters like u?

By the way, i do know why you replied: because i offended you directly and you have to prove that you are the "better man"... although you clearly are not

this just makes me lol...

ok then I say SC got more strategy than WC3 how do you counter that? OFC he cant counte argument just a statmen like this game got more strategy. atleast if you don't counte the BOs, positoning and all the other stuf thats alredy ben talked about. also you did infact say that WC3 is beter than SC well maby you didn't say exacktly that but wery much along thoes lines don't want to go back and check for sure.

can death get mod status now and lock this shit??

War29388

War29388
  • Members
  • 496 posts
QUOTE (Sanktuin @ Jan 19 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOLLLLL Thank you, made my day, here we go.

WC3 more strategy, and nothing to counter that....Just read it, and you've found a counter in it kthx. You won't tell your wc3 aka because you made it up to make people think that you know everything about all games and your say is important, the fact that you wont tell us is because you were BULLSHITTING, and the only reason to you not telling us is because of that reason.

Counters on your wc3 things, fine, here comes a fucking long post, so you can print it off, ram it far up your arse until it comes out your mouth, and then your posts will in turn be semi insightful..

Step by fucking step.

yeah only won zotac twice, im a real wc3 noob.

No aka, means nothing.

sc is much harder: yes, because it is older and the average skill level is higher
macro in wc3 is easy: correct, but i never said anything else...

Why argue this idiot.

micro is easier, because 20-30 seconds.. erm wtf im getting eye cancer reading that... its not only harder in wc3, but also more important than in sc... in sc it doesnt matter losing some units.... and also 3 seconds is enough to kill a huge army in wc3..

You obviously didnt understand his statement, not surprised as your IQ is obviously not high enough. He means that you can cope with a grunt taking a few hits. If a marine takes a few hits, he's dead. That's what he means. Also 3 seconds enough to kill a huge army in wc3? Nope, it might be enough to win a battle, but most certainly not kill a huge army. In sc you can lose your whole army in 3 seconds just like that.

wtf have u ever played it in your life? oh yeah... "competitively"... says a lot, bet u were a real n00b @both

May aswell just argue this to make a point, you called him a real n00b at both, ie calling him a n00b at sc, yet you blatently never played sc in your life so...anyone else find that really retarded?

now to ure weird... stuff

Unit composition
Hero selection
Creeping
for wc3
let me add the following:
mapcontrol
more variaty
hero combinations, not only selection
positioning
expos (more important than in sc... because every one counts)

How are expos more important than in sc because every one counts?!!! Alot of games dont get to an expo stage!!!! Where as meta game starcraft now is all about some kind of fast expansion build, games hinging on holding your second expansion, how is it more important in wc3?!! EXPLAIN with a real reason.

lets come to sc...

Unit selection - incorrect, compared to wc3, every game has the same units unless some1 is doing some cheesy shit... no dont say u do in wc3, because u dont.... small example talons vs bears&dryads against orc, millions of variations with hu, fiends statues dessis or fiends casters in ud vs orc etc......

Unit selection is very important in sc. What happens if one goes speedlot + archon build? Do you a) mass hydra, B) muta c) lurker ling d) lurker ling hydra...how many drones have you built compared to army, are you relying on sunkens or going for contain, or just mid game harrass...All depends on unit selection

You've already admitted you were wrong k.

Long term planning (war3 is just mass tier 1 and try to overrun, or fast tech to tier 3) - erm.... noob lol never heard such a bullshit in my life n00b... and long term planning... well sc u do ure strat and thats it... t vs p for example is always mechs... ALWAYS! wc3 is never the same, and u have to react to the opponent... the only reaction u get in sc is to expos attacks etc... and oh wait what a surprise... you have also got that @ wc3

erm n00b. Where do you push TvP? Seriously, there is so much with this statement, so here's a list nub.
1) You scout enemy taking 1scv off gas, how do you respond. (scout enemy doing anything for that matter)
2) You think you just move out without scanning...You've not played sc ever.
3) You think you do your strat and thats it? You will lose 30 games vs noobs on bnet if you just do that easilyyy. You think TvP is just mech? You dont know anything about RTS if thats what you think, RTS is down to build orders. T can 2fac, 14cc, bbs, 1fac siege, 1fac expo etc etc etc all requiring different skills from both players.

Already dealt with building positioning. Alslo build orders, there are hundreds in sc just hinging on when to cut a worker which have drastic effects. Cutting stuff to do the Mind build and get your tank 10seconds earlier in TvP is EXTREMELY effective. Just an example of hundreds of different bo's.

by the way to the part with stupid easy to learn, its quite a coincidence... but today for the first time since long i found a beginner @ wc3, and its increadible.... he really sucks ass! Not the "omg, short learning term" and stuff like that...........

You bashed a beginner, how do you want me to respond? Wow? GJ? Cos you not proved anything here but you bashed a beginner icon_confused.gif

Your opinion about sc is... well sort of correct i guess, but your knowledge about wc3 is extremly.... funny? brings me to tears? i dont know how to say it, but you definatly suck at wc3. Or never played it. Either way, your bad

He's played both, and expressed his opinion on both, and you just presume that 1) his info on sc is "sort of correct", yet you obviously have no knowledge of the game, and 2) That he sucks on wc3 without playing him, and him saying some valid comparitive points.

This post has just made your last post completely invalid lol.

And I'm clearly not a better person? Despite you're the one bashing and I'm the one that stated both games are equally great. You sir, are truelly retarded icon_smile.gif

Oh and your other post which was just flame baiting,
dont you laugh?

I am right now at your stupidity.

Now tell me, what point have I missed which doesnt completely show you that you are incorrect? Looking forward to your reply x

warlord u gosu ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users