Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UK/EU WoW Players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Ximensions

Ximensions

Positive Climb, Gear Up

• Retired Staff
  • 3,108 posts
  • xfire:ximensions
  • Interests:Aviation, physics, computer art, history, cooking
  • Gamer Army ID:6
Any of you around?
For the love of God, it's spelt r i diculous!

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
hi

Ximensions

Ximensions

Positive Climb, Gear Up

• Retired Staff
  • 3,108 posts
  • xfire:ximensions
  • Interests:Aviation, physics, computer art, history, cooking
  • Gamer Army ID:6
hmm I used to play WoW... I am being tempted by the dark side again. Just need some interesting people from PP to play with.
For the love of God, it's spelt r i diculous!

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
QUOTE (CJ-Xim @ Jan 10 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm I used to play WoW... I am being tempted by the dark side again. Just need some interesting people from PP to play with.

I'm proberly not what you're looking for.

not interesting, never chat ingame due to ts with friends etc. Good luck though.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
  • Gamer Army ID:382
QUOTE (CJ-Xim @ Jan 10 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't do it. Tbh, it's already tedious and boring imo. Only fun thing is Wintergrasp. Raiding is so easy a damn three year old can do it and pvp is boring excluding WinterGrasp so yeah..
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (K0RRUPTED @ Jan 10 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raiding is so easy a damn three year old can do it

Sarth + 3 drakes

Plus, Ulduar should be coming out "soon".

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
no sorry, korrupted is right pve is joke.

you put 25 people who know how to play and you down everything extremely quickly.

its when you put 20 people who know what they are doing, and 5 people who are retarded that makes things difficult.

(i haven't got to WOTLK pve yet, but from what i've seen and heard its no better then bc and pre-bc)

name a boss thats hard in bc or pre-bc, come on, do it

i can name...

razergore
muru
cthun
maybe Kil'jaeden, never did him though

dont even say illidan, vashj, anything in BWL, MC,

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Jan 10 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
razergore
muru
cthun

dont even say illidan, vashj, anything in BWL, MC,

...what? Are you drunk? I'd hope so. Either that, or you've never actually done Kael/Vashj/SWP pre-3.0, or Karazhan/Gruul/Mag 1.0. Same with BWL or Naxx40, or MC when it first came out, etc...

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI
  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • xfire:retardlad
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xx Blooddrunken
Kael when it first came out was probably the hardest encounter of the game until it got nerfed. I can't really think of any guild cock blocks in BT... maybe Illidari council? I was like level 2 when that crap came out so I'm not sure.

TBH I would jump into WoW right now. Level up and by then hopefully some good content will come out (Ulduar, and whatever 3.2 will be.)

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Jan 11 2009, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bullshit

bullshit

bullshit

... wtf, I doubt you did M'uru then either - what other bosses did you not actually do either?

Try some Sartharion with atleast 1 drake up, that crap requires alot of organisation and tactics, and is the most taxing fight for healers. DPS have a tonne on their plate, even. 3 Drakes is something that I can't really see my guild farming until after we get our hands on the Ulduar loot. I'm talking about 10 man btw, it's harder.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (TEH PuBLIK ENEMI @ Jan 11 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't really think of any guild cock blocks in BT... maybe Illidari council?

4/5 Hyjal and 5/9 BT was usually the cut-off that separated the terrible guilds from the decent/good ones. T6 content was largely under-tuned. Jumping from Vashj/Kael to Hyjal/BT bosses was like going from University to Kindergarten.

AKA:

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
no your right, i didnt do muru, but i can watch youtube.

bosses arent hard, sorry. if you look at the base strat to each one they are very easy.

just look at vashj, (its been 6 months since ive killed her so sue me if i get things a little off)

phase one, tank moves her around, she shocks people, those people run away, right? right easy.
phase two, YOU KILL SHIT, its not fucking hard, retarded dps that couldnt pull over 1k dps had problems, and made the fight hard. You also kite striders, k thats difficult. Nagas spawn, tank them, and this whole time run away from striders.

phase three, move out of shit.

the end.

Nefarian, phase one, stand on the throne and get mages to aoe for 5 minutes, tanks pick things up. Hard?

phase two, tank needs to not suck (just so happens i was the one to tank him, guess what wasnt hard) and stace dance to avoid fears, no you dont need a dwarf priest. When mages get the call, run away from the tank. Rogues get the call, tank may need to turn him, HOLY SHIT PAYING ATTENTION IS HARD? Druids, well stand there. Warriors is only really a big deal on the tank really, and thats just pop a potion, have healers spam the shit out of you. pressing buttons people, chances are you only press 3-4 to do your job.

Rag, fire resist

Illidari council, dps/healers/tanks that can move out of things on the ground. Wow, thats tough

What else am I missing? \

Even one of the hard bosses I mentioned was actually very easy once you learn to kite as a hunter (we used hunters) Razergore, but ill say hes hard just because you just finished MC, very easy instance and then you hit a wall with him, can get frustrating... many guilds died to him.

Did you say archimond was hard? Holy shit you did!

Archimond: MOVE AWAY FROM BLUE SHIT ON THE GROUND maybe it was purple, who knows i havent done him in a while.

My god, no wonder you think bosses in wow are hard if you found him difficult. He was by far the easiest boss out of BT/Hyjal.

Ill add sartharian 3 drakes to the hard list, havent done him, but ive heard the strat, friends guild has done him and thats what hes saying, so meh.

Please, if you have any more bosses you find hard post them here.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
If you're talking difficulty relative to other games/genres, you're right. For example, CS or Quake are both harder than any MMO can ever be. But difficulty in comparison to, say, Karazhan post-3.0, no.

AKA:

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
no im talking difficultly to actually kill the boss, with or without them patching the game to make them even easier.

I know they made things easier, its what blizzard does, their way of making everyone see the content. Even when 95% of the players in the world dont really deserve to.

im saying the only thing that makes bosses hard, is the people you bring to each raid. You may have 20 very good people, and 5 retards.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Jan 11 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no im talking difficultly to actually kill the boss, with or without them patching the game to make them even easier.

I know they made things easier, its what blizzard does, their way of making everyone see the content. Even when 95% of the players in the world dont really deserve to.

im saying the only thing that makes bosses hard, is the people you bring to each raid. You may have 20 very good people, and 5 retards.

You're not making sense.

AKA:

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
that may be so, but i just woke up.

you get what im trying to say.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
o so you're basically saying WoW is generally easy.

Wish I'd known that so I didn't have to read all that bollocks.

yeah it's pretty easy, in general. But, that doesn't have much todo with the quality of the experience, if you ask me.

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
not saying it isn't fun or an experience, hell im getting back into it right now.

I just dont like it when people say its hard, because its not. Thats a load of shit.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Jan 11 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not saying it isn't fun or an experience, hell im getting back into it right now.

I just dont like it when people say its hard, because its not. Thats a load of shit.

There is always the one encounter that is the challenge, for a while.

Then they are replaced when the new content comes around.

For now, it's Sartharion, with 1,2, or 3 drakes still up.

'Cept for Post-3.0, Pre-WotLK.
That was just retarded.

Also, does anyone know the reason we're killing Sartharion?
Usually there's lore behind these instances and raids, but OS has nothing as far as I can see.
The one time Blizzard just said "Here's a dragon, kill it. Don't ask questions, we're tired."

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Jan 11 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, does anyone know the reason we're killing Sartharion?
Usually there's lore behind these instances and raids, but OS has nothing as far as I can see.
The one time Blizzard just said "Here's a dragon, kill it. Don't ask questions, we're tired."

We're destroying the eggs of these guys so Azeroth doesn't get raped.

AKA:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users