Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The "Song Finder" thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
Ok, so I've seen alot of threads lately asking pretty much the same question - "help me find the name of this song <LINK>". While it's all well and good asking questions like this, it doesnt lend itself well to a continuing thread, often getting answered in the first two or three posts and thus sinking into the abis. So I thought it'd be useful to slap together a single thread where anyone can ask this profound question.

While we are at it, here are a couple of pr0 tips and tricks to finding the title of "that song you just heard":

---Google "Lyrics"---
If the song you are after has lyrics (which alot, although not all do), you can try typing into google "Lyrics" followed by any part of the lyrics you know/can remember. This will often bring up usefull sites like "Lyrics.com" and "A-Z Lyrics mania" which will give you the full blown lyics that you can check against. If you find a match, you can then simply look up to the top of the page for the title and artist info of the song.

---Google "Songlist/Tracklist"---
If you know the name of the CD the song is off of (most comonly encountered when hearing compilation CD's like Kerang! or Now!), then you can do a google search for the tracklist (or similarly "songlist") of that album. Chances are the name of the song will be glaringly obvious, or if not then at least you will have narrowed it down to a handfull of songs.

---Youtube---
This may be obvious to some people, and to others may even be where the query originated from, but Youtube in alot of cases can help track down songs you do not know the name of. Often people post up entire music videos and slap the lyrics in their "More Detail" area, so searching for lyric fragments here can usually yield decent results. In addition, you can put in any additional information you may have got fromt he above methods to verify your findings from them. Sometimes, songs can have very similar titles to other completly different songs, or can be various covers done by different people. Youtube is a great tool for making sure you have both the right title *AND* artist *AND* version information.

---And if all else fails?---
Ask here in this thread, durr! icon_wink.gif

So, I hope that helps some of you out with some ideas you may not have thought of before. Will stick up any additional tips and tricks as they come to light, so feel free to suggest those here too. icon_wink.gif

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
This thread will be useful for tron.. Cuz I don't think he found his song yet.

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
Good thread idea, any song ive wanted to know the name of has been given to my by google, but if i ever need help ill come here.

GW!

Squ1nty

Squ1nty
  • GA Private
  • 160 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3328
The first song on this video http://video.google....h...emb=0&aq=f# ive been trying to find this song for about 4 years now.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Squ1nty @ Jan 17 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first song on this video http://video.google....h...emb=0&aq=f# ive been trying to find this song for about 4 years now.

first song: just loop a drum beat over and over until desired effect is achieved

second song:

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
Also if all else fails, try the Song Tapper.
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Squ1nty

Squ1nty
  • GA Private
  • 160 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3328
QUOTE (confrico @ Jan 19 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first song: just loop a drum beat over and over until desired effect is achieved

second song:

Thanks. But damn i wish i could find a version with those 2 songs together. its good shit.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
ok... I have no idea what this song is, so bear with me.

I've heard it mostly in the background or on the radio, and can barely remember any lyrics.

It's kind of a rock song, but the guy isn't singing so much as he is talking. It's about a party or something the previous night that got crazy, and I can't think of the actual lyrics to save my life.

it's something like "that party last night got kinda crazy" something something something.

any help would be awesome.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
Answer: I love college - Asher Roth
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

teh_cr4zyk1dd

teh_cr4zyk1dd
  • GA Private
  • 1,474 posts
  • xfire:Cr4zyK1dd
  • Gamer Army ID:1612
please help me find out this song here

(http://watch.muchmus...ure/#clip154302)
the song will start at 1:39, some relaxing hiphop beats.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
FOUND

Edited by Ineffable, 06 August 2009 - 02:51 AM.

PureRandom

PureRandom
  • GA Private
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4039
Ok i cant remember much about the song.. all i remember is the music video.

Ok its a rock song.. and a bald guy is singing in an alleyway / street and all this water comes down the street.

all i know sorry, but i can remember its an epic song and i really want to listen to it again

i dont expect anyone to know what im talking about, but if there is the slightest chance anyone somehow knows what song im talking abouit. then its worth a thread

edit: also some reason i think dolphin is in the band name or song name?

Edited by PureRandom, 08 July 2009 - 11:27 PM.

Shaun.

Shaun.

Overall Best PP Contributor | MoTMJan08

• GA Corporal
  • 6,679 posts
  • Interests:Vidya, music, Marvel and frilly things.
  • Gamer Army ID:145
Here you go buddy

PureRandom

PureRandom
  • GA Private
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4039
Thank you very much icon_smile.gif

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
What is the name of the song at 0:48?

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • xfire:Kentalcious
  • Interests:Computers, Games, sports, making fun of fat people (I know its bad i cant help it), eating, running, sleeping Comedy and all that Jazz
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kentalicious13
I have this song stuck in my head.. i hear it alot in viva la bam and were the f is santa... the song is called ah damn but i cant find a mp3 or any thing... can anyone help me out

Hero_Swe

Hero_Swe
  • Members
  • 174 posts

JaM3Sd121

JaM3Sd121
  • Members
  • 69 posts
http://www.youtube.c...M...age#&fmt=22

ive tried putting into google the lyrics..

"your in my sights, im taking you down, its time to end this dont...."

frehas

frehas
  • Members
  • 209 posts
In episode 3 at the end, a song plays for a good 2 minutes as background/filler. I really like it but there are no lyrics said to go google and figure it out so I'm asking you guys.
What's the title?

It's the song where Doug comes back to the club and they are all dancing with this dude in a speedo whos mimicking swimming. Then It keeps playing till ending credits.

thanks in advance

QUOTE (Osama Bin Laden @ Sept 11 2001, 11:12 AM)
Sorry!

frehas

frehas
  • Members
  • 209 posts
QUOTE (frehas @ Mar 28 2010, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In episode 3 at the end, a song plays for a good 2 minutes as background/filler. I really like it but there are no lyrics said to go google and figure it out so I'm asking you guys.
What's the title?

It's the song where Doug comes back to the club and they are all dancing with this dude in a speedo whos mimicking swimming. Then It keeps playing till ending credits.

thanks in advance

Found it out, Bob Sinclar 'Love Generation' incase anyone else wants to know.

QUOTE (Osama Bin Laden @ Sept 11 2001, 11:12 AM)
Sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users