Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prince of Persia IGN rating to high

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Bellus88

Bellus88
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Chroniclez88
I actually thought Prince of Persia was going to be a great game. Though now I really don't think Im going to buy it.

IGN Prince of Persia

The Average reader score was only 7.0.
"Come in Peace, but prepare for war"

(Formerly known as Chroniclez88)

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
Its their personal opinion, no one has to listen/ read about it.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Bellus88 @ Dec 24 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually thought Prince of Persia was going to be a great game. Though now I really don't think Im going to buy it.

IGN Prince of Persia

The Average reader score was only 7.0.

http://forums.purepw...showtopic=84449

Recommended reading.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
Average Reader scores are untrustworthy. Idiot Reviewers + Fanboy Reviewers = wtf reviews.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Opinions of opinions are just opinions.

Bboboo

Bboboo
  • GA Private
  • 1,348 posts
  • xfire:Bboboo
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bboboo
  • PSN:Bboboo
  • Gamer Army ID:3400
Hey! You know what? Sure = )

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
Yea it's sad when a 30 hour long tutorial gets high scores but it's so full of filler it's tedious to play through gets a score so high while a similar game that actually challenges the player to get better but is only 6 hours long gets blasted with a 7.

It's getting a bit ridiculous how highly rated flashy games that are full of filler and have a tendency to beat themselves if you just manwhore through them.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
  • xfire:kapteinknivkamp
  • Xbox / GFWL:bayersk
I'm probably buying this game icon_razz.gif

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (eedok @ Dec 25 2008, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea it's sad when a 30 hour long tutorial gets high scores but it's so full of filler it's tedious to play through gets a score so high while a similar game that actually challenges the player to get better but is only 6 hours long gets blasted with a 7.

It's getting a bit ridiculous how highly rated flashy games that are full of filler and have a tendency to beat themselves if you just manwhore through them.

<3
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Apr 23 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread delivers.

Bboboo

Bboboo
  • GA Private
  • 1,348 posts
  • xfire:Bboboo
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bboboo
  • PSN:Bboboo
  • Gamer Army ID:3400
Honestly tho, why do people who are against "giving a game a number/grade/star score" Just don't look at that part and READ the review of what the person thought.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
QUOTE (Bboboo @ Dec 25 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly tho, why do people who are against "giving a game a number/grade/star score" Just don't look at that part and READ the review of what the person thought.

From my point of view, I don't care about the score or the readers opinions. I just think it looks like a decent platforming game that might be fun to play trough, even if it's said to be noob friendly and all that. The controls look great, the boss fights appear to be innovative, the story looks decent and it looks like an entertaining game all in all.

I'm getting this game because I want a new platforming game and I'd rather take this game over the new crash bandicoot or banjo (N&B ofc).

battlemage03

battlemage03
  • Members
  • 1,333 posts
Honestly, why does anyone even care what someone that gets paid for it says? Just play a demo, watch some gameplay or rent the game.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
QUOTE (battlemage03 @ Dec 25 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, why does anyone even care what someone that gets paid for it says? Just play a demo, watch some gameplay or rent the game.

I don't know anyone who would buy games judged on IGN scores tbh. I can't see why listening to someone's opinion is so bad eighter. You can't allways make up your mind by playing a demo. You can't rent games where I live anyways icon_razz.gif

TehArsid

TehArsid
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Music<br />Sleeping<br />Eating
reader scores are crap

haters + fanboys/fangirls + ppl-who-don't-know-how-to-review-worth-crap = shitty reviews

the game is good.

ips17

ips17
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • xfire:lokkinachitame16
  • Xbox / GFWL:LokkinAchitame
I personally love the game.

Before I express my opinion, can a mod please FUCKING change that rating to high to rating too high? No offense meant to topic creator, I just see it everytime I'm in console stuff and its getting right on my tits.

Anyway, the game is really nicely done. For a start, I like the fact that its cell shaded, its a beautiful game. The differences between the corrupted and healed states of the areas are really nicely done too. I like the controls, they aren't clunky or hard to use at all. The combat is in depth, and the puzzles are fun. My one major irk with the game is the not being able to die.

But I gotta agree, ratings are just opinions from more than one person. In the end, its still an opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users