Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Audio, Video, Snakeoil

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
i just love this one, almost as much as I love laughing at people who believe $13,500 power cables not only make a difference, but are WORTH IT

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
ROFL!
$13500 for a cable?

I thought $100 was alot when buying hdmi cables and guitar leads.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
My MK III has definetly been worth it so far.. The Bass has improved, it's a lot tighter and has more punch it. It also doesn't drown out the rest of the sound as much.
Vocals are clearer, especially female ones it seems..
Soundstage is wtfawesome. I can keep track of a single background guitar part in just about every song I have no problem...

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
next month: Weiman rolls his tubes!

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
if anyone else is interested in tube headphone amps, there's a used MK IV Special Edition on head-fi going for $350 shipped

this is a fantastic deal for a top introductory headphone amp, with truly great synergy with both Audio Technicas and Sennheisers

ooooo! this guy is selling AKG k701 headphones for $210 shipped!!!!

ANYONE IN THE MARKET FOR HEADPHONES SHOULD JUMP ON THIS!!!!!!!!

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
I see great futures in this thread icon_smile.gif
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Cypher.bleu

Cypher.bleu
  • Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • xfire:wilsonwws
QUOTE (FPS marcus @ Dec 4 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see great futures in this thread icon_smile.gif

I'm soooo lost it's not even funny.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Cypher.bleu @ Dec 6 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm soooo lost it's not even funny.

feel free to use the thread to ask questions icon_smile.gif

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
dont know if this goes in this topic, but

lol

nothing new

http://www.sciam.com...-vest-simulates

who would honestly want to wear that while gaming?

PwntToast

PwntToast

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
Coming soon, to an FPS near you! Pain Vests!

The vest that lets you feel the excruciating pain of getting shot in the face!! Who wouldn't want to buy that?
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
http://www.frozensol...com/science.htm

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT. This makes NO sense o_0

Also, Doug. You're El_Doug on Head-fi? You're going to a NY meet? Hilarious, should be the biggest geek circlejerk ever icon_razz.gif

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

PwntToast

PwntToast

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 9 2008, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, Doug. You're El_Doug on Head-fi? You're going to a NY meet? Hilarious, should be the biggest geek circlejerk ever icon_razz.gif

Say what?
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 9 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nothing like snake oil cable companies' pseudo-science to make you laugh - i like to read them when i'm feeling blue, they always bring a smile to my face

yeah, im going to the NYC head-fi meet on Saturday icon_smile.gif ill post all about it afterward

Chiko3993

Chiko3993
  • GA Private
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:- gaming<br />- painting<br />- sailing<br />- wrestling<br />- motorcycles<br />- monster hunter freedom 2!
  • Gamer Army ID:3993
QUOTE (teh_cr4zyk1dd @ Dec 1 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't listen to them

Skullcandy's.. UUNNIITTEEEEE!!!!

O_o What's wrong with skullcandy? They keep my ears warm when I walk to school in the winter. icon_biggrin.gif Plus, I didn't actually buy them. I got them as an xmas present last year from my ex.
Raaawwwrrrrr?! O_o;

PwntToast

PwntToast

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
What isn't wrong with Skullcandy? (almost said snake candy)

Not a good idea to post in a audio fanatic thread icon_razz.gif
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)

Slinky

Slinky
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts
  • Steam ID:frosticle
  • PSN:slinkytoyou
QUOTE (Chiko3993 @ Dec 11 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O_o What's wrong with skullcandy? They keep my ears warm when I walk to school in the winter. icon_biggrin.gif Plus, I didn't actually buy them. I got them as an xmas present last year from my ex.

You just opened pandora's box. D:

They only really look good.. if u like that sort of thing (i dont).
Crappy sound quality and apparently pretty flimsy.
Oh and expensive.

QUOTE (BearHugger @ Jan 10 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont respondd cause i have a life my girlfriend came over and she sucked me off

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Slinky @ Dec 11 2008, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You just opened pandora's box. D:

They only really look good.. if u like that sort of thing (i dont).
Crappy sound quality and apparently pretty flimsy.
Oh and expensive.

thats actually the saddest part - they DONT look good. most of them are tacky as hell!

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
had TONS of fun at the Head-Fi NYC Meet icon_biggrin.gif

I got to listen to all of these:

K1000's

Sony Qualia's

Grado HP-1's

Stax 007's

Sony R10's

B-52 Balanced Tube Amp:

Headroom Max Balanced Amp:

and tons of others - too many to list, really. including the most AMAZING setup with some Stax connected to a high-end reel-to-reel player icon_smile.gif It was like the best of digital and analog combined!!! totally ruined me for anything else, really

here's me listening to some Audio Technica W11JPN Woodies, connected to a guy's DIY B22 amplifier

and here I am with the grados - they sounded like a million bucks! (thankfully, they only COST $2000 icon_razz.gif)

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Hmm, it seems more organised then a PP meet I suppose.. icon_razz.gif But the Big Fat Nerd ration seems a lot higher icon_lol.gif

So, what do you listen to there btw?

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 14 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, it seems more organised then a PP meet I suppose.. icon_razz.gif But the Big Fat Nerd ration seems a lot higher icon_lol.gif

So, what do you listen to there btw?

Big Fat Nerd ration was enough to serve me for a few years icon_wink.gif Was nice though, having one of the lower BMI's there (despite the fact that I've put on a little weight) icon_razz.gif

Listened to all sorts of great stuff. Heck, part of the fun was discovering new music, on top of listening to all that great equipment icon_biggrin.gif The usual audiophile recordings of classical and small-group jazz (especially female vocalists) comprised the bulk of the music, but some of the more interesting people had, well, more interesting music icon_smile.gif I was actually a bit disappointed by the lack of rock and roll recordings, especially considering the large number of Grados icon_confused.gif They supposedly have great synergy with that kind of music, and I was hoping to experience it.

I personally anticipated this lack of variety in music, so I brought Blue Man Group's "The Complex." Its heavy use of percussion really shows off the transient abilities of peoples' setups. The songs also combine very heavy, yet tight and defined bass, layered with sparkly highs. It was fun comparing it between dynamic and electrostatic setups. I actually got to talking with a very interesting guy from Manhattan, who built his own tube amp for Stax 404 headphones. We compared this disc, and found that despite being quite bright and stereotypically bass-shy, his electrostatics were really able to push impressive bass icon_smile.gif They lacked punch (the bass notes really felt softened, lacking a very defined, tight start and finish to each note), but there was definitely extension into the lower register, with plenty of volume! Truly an impressive setup, especially for a "budget" rig - at least as far as electrostats go icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users