Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Audio, Video, Snakeoil

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
We're going to try out a thread where we can discuss audio, video, hi-fi, etc. icon_biggrin.gif

We'll see how this evolves. Feel free to post any gear you may own, any gear worth fapping over, discuss the experience of Hi-Fi, etc. - anything you want

QUOTE (Skrie @ Nov 28 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel the need for a separate subsection for hifi and audio
where audio-philes can fap together over all sorts of gear.

Right now... the discussions about tv's and audio equipement sneak into the
hard/software section. And it'd be nice to separate it.

Would it be an idea to have a subsection under
Hard/Software for discussing bigass Tv's and Audio and stuff ?

I'd certainly love it... and I know many other members who basicly
fap all day over amps and speakers and headphones.

-Skrie icon_cool.gif

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
This is a pretty nice idea, i rather like it icon_biggrin.gif

for those of you who dont own a HD-PVR... I advise you to walk out your room, walk to your car/bus and drive to somewhere that sells one.

Owning one has changed the way that I watch TV, and even my life. You may think thats sad, but think about it. How many times have you thought "oh dam im going to miss my show" or "thats on too late for me to watch FUCK YOU WORK". Well, I dont need to worry about that now icon_biggrin.gif

seriously, they are amazing. HD is nice too, but recording is where the moneys at.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Ah, very nice. icon_smile.gif

I just received an email that my Little Dot MK III Is about to get shipped from Hong Kong icon_smile.gif

VERY Excited as to how these shall sound icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Great! I can tell I'm gonna learn so much here >:)

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
careful Weiman icon_wink.gif spend too much time talking to me about headphones, and I may convince you to buy these:

for those interested, they are called "Jecklin Floats" - theyre made by a swiss company called Precide, though theyve been discontinued for their new set of unimaginably-ugly headphones called the Ergo AMT's

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
D...do they sound..good?
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Pretty sure they do.

But damnit, those guys look stupid enough without that.. thing on their heads icon_razz.gif

On a different note, threads like these make me happy: http://www.head-fi.o...d-mkiii-386015/

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Chiko3993

Chiko3993
  • GA Private
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:- gaming<br />- painting<br />- sailing<br />- wrestling<br />- motorcycles<br />- monster hunter freedom 2!
  • Gamer Army ID:3993
Well the other week I shelled out a paycheck and a half and bought myself a new monitor to make gaming and computer business much more enjoyable. My new baby is a Samsung SyncMaster T2200 and I'm quite amazed at not only the size, but the quality of the picture and the damn sexy-ness of the monitor itself! Here it is with my new setup:

Now I can't wait to get a new console and hook up HDMI and start gaming with that, instead of PC gaming. icon_biggrin.gif
Raaawwwrrrrr?! O_o;

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
There's a huge article over at Anandtech descriving a lot of technical issues and solutions for using a PC as a Hifi source: http://www.anandtech...doc.aspx?i=3467
It's heavy stuff to say the least... taking me a while to get through icon_razz.gif

The Other Kyle

The Other Kyle
  • Members
  • 419 posts
  • Steam ID:five_one
QUOTE (Chiko3993 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the other week I shelled out a paycheck and a half and bought myself a new monitor to make gaming and computer business much more enjoyable. My new baby is a Samsung SyncMaster T2200 and I'm quite amazed at not only the size, but the quality of the picture and the damn sexy-ness of the monitor itself! Here it is with my new setup:

Now I can't wait to get a new console and hook up HDMI and start gaming with that, instead of PC gaming. icon_biggrin.gif

First get rid of the skullcandy headphones icon_biggrin.gif
"Suit up boys, that's right, it's the weekend."

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Exactly, how dare you post in here with Skullcandies? icon_razz.gif

Also, 90% of knowing what good Hifi is consists of bashing inferior products.

teh_cr4zyk1dd

teh_cr4zyk1dd
  • GA Private
  • 1,474 posts
  • xfire:Cr4zyK1dd
  • Gamer Army ID:1612
don't listen to them

Skullcandy's.. UUNNIITTEEEEE!!!!

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
QUOTE (teh_cr4zyk1dd @ Dec 1 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't listen to them

Skullcandy's.. UUNNIITTEEEEE!!!!

Sennheiser

and now doug or weiman will post some crazy expensive shit, watch watch

watch

kinda like what doug did at the top, but better.

ya your name is DOUG dammit, change it back.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Dec 2 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and now doug or weiman will post some crazy expensive shit, watch watch

watch

kinda like what doug did at the top, but better.

why not go all-out, with some Stax electrostatic headphones?

$7000 is almost a steal!

Skrie

Skrie

PP Lifetime Achievement & Overall Best PP Contributer 08

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:7
QUOTE (Inigo Montoya @ Dec 2 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why not go all-out, with some Stax electrostatic headphones?

$7000 is almost a steal!

OMFG... just... OMFG !

Anyways... I have no speakers and a shitload of cash... burn loos !
(looking for stereo btw... not that surround stuff)

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20

Just for interest sake, does anyone here know much about these blocks?
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU etc.

Well, good news is my amp got here in less then 4 days.. which is rather astounding considering it came from Hong Kong o_0

The BAD news is: one of the channel is dead. The left one in this case...
I've tried a different cable, pair of headphones, 6.3mm->3.5mm converter..but to no avail, all that's coming out of the left channel is some buzz..

As for what's visible externally, on the rear (large) tubes, there are two parts that visibally heat up, a front and a rear one. On the left tube (when facing it) the rear part seems to glow less intensely then on on the right one. However, the part that heats up on the front tube is a low more intense then the one on the right..WTF?

So yeah.. I'm just having it play music hoping it might suddenly start working out of nowhere.. I'm really not looking forward to having to ship this thing to Honk Kong.. -_-

PwntToast

PwntToast

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
What even is that thing?
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
It's a tube amplifier, and even with only one channel working it kicks ass..

PwntToast

PwntToast

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
That puny thing is a tube amp?

Just looks odd because the only tube amps I've seen/heard of were for guitars.
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users