Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Audio, Video, Snakeoil

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Thats because guitar amps also include a speaker, which takes up 90% of the space.... and this is used for headphones.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
Ooh, nice.
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 3 2008, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats because guitar amps also include a speaker, which takes up 90% of the space.... and this is used for headphones.

Nah-ah not all guitar amps come with speakers Weiman icon_razz.gif
Marshall JCM800

That's just the Amp, no speaker icon_razz.gif Tube Amps are sexy, especially the old Marshall JCM800 series..

Here's a half stack with Tube Amp and Cab speakers.

Sorry I had to show you were half wrong half right there icon_razz.gif

Oh I have these speakers picked em up a few years back at a auctions they're still practically brand new, a pair of Dynamic Audio AT-300
Best replacement for the front left and right speakers for my 5.1 home theatre surround sound. I'd post their specs but I am too lazy.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Skrie @ Dec 2 2008, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMFG... just... OMFG !

Anyways... I have no speakers and a shitload of cash... burn loos !
(looking for stereo btw... not that surround stuff)

near-field? hi-fi? do you have an amp already? id love to see this thread result in an expensive purchase icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Garamiah @ Dec 2 2008, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just for interest sake, does anyone here know much about these blocks?

all hail the shakti stone! everyone knows putting a rock of a certain density on top of a power supply not only eliminates hum, but also improves soundstage and midrange sweetness icon_rolleyes.gif

people who actually believe in that crap, and spend hundreds of dollars on STONES, need a slap across the face

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
You did not reply for my desperate call for help icon_sad.gif

Which is not need btw, one of the front tubes wasn't making contact properly..got loose after shipping.

It seems the balance of the sound has shifted a bit to the left now, even after changing the tubes around again.

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
How much did you pay for it? Doesn't look like a cheap item tbh.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
$200 for the item, like $60 shipping and my mom paid 30 import tax cash at the door when it was delivered icon_razz.gif She didn't tell me to pay it back so I don't think I will.

Brb, systematically removing all <192Kbps Mp3's from my PC..

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
Fuck that's alot of money to end up with a faulty part.
Why don't you rip your music in Flac, Lossless or 320K, 192k just doesn't do it for me, although I have a lot ripped in 128k cause of torrents haha.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Biohazard. @ Dec 2 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you rip your music in Flac, Lossless or 320K, 192k just doesn't do it for me, although I have a lot ripped in 128k cause of torrents haha.

Its really common now that torrents are in lossless which is good for the listener but sucks for me because it means i cant get them on my shitty dl limit.
Guess i should buy the cds, eh?
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Dec 3 2008, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its really common now that torrents are in lossless which is good for the listener but sucks for me because it means i cant get them on my shitty dl limit.
Guess i should buy the cds, eh?

Yeah, like the majority of my iTunes library is torrented 31GB of music around 5200 MP3 files.. I like how people upload in Flac and the like but 700MB for a CD is just way to much when in Australia we got shit net as well.. I mean 12GB of downloads a month to use?!
I'm slowly getting there with the CD's almost got all of Motley Crues haha Now just another 60 bands to go x.x

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
QUOTE (Biohazard. @ Dec 2 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, it's 'fixed' already, I would just adjust the volume in my control panel, but the option simply doesn't show up for some reason icon_confused.gif It persists when I swap the tubes..

And yes, most of those mp3's I didn't rip myself icon_razz.gif

And I suggest you stop mentioning torrents. Go thank Several major band releasing their albums for free.

And I'm not saying 192kbps is good, it's just that anything underneath is unbearable icon_razz.gif

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 3 2008, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, it's 'fixed' already, I would just adjust the volume in my control panel, but the option simply doesn't show up for some reason icon_confused.gif It persists when I swap the tubes..

And yes, most of those mp3's I didn't rip myself icon_razz.gif

And I suggest you stop mentioning torrents. Go thank Several major band releasing their albums for free.

And I'm not saying 192kbps is good, it's just that anything underneath is unbearable icon_razz.gif

Yes, sorry Weiman.. I shall remember that. I much rather support an artist where I can and not the record company haha.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Fixed the left balance thing, not gonna go into detail about it but it was a switch I had forgotten to set back.

Now, this is bliss icon_biggrin.gif

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
i personally cannot tell a difference between a 256k and a 320k mp3 - i see no reason to waste disc space with FLAC

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 2 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed the left balance thing, not gonna go into detail about it but it was a switch I had forgotten to set back.

congrats!

i bet itll sound even better after the tubes burn in for a while icon_biggrin.gif

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
QUOTE (Inigo Montoya @ Dec 3 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i personally cannot tell a difference between a 256k and a 320k mp3 - i see no reason to waste disc space with FLAC

Imo, if you really want Flac quality just pop the cd in your disc drive and listen to it from that..

QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 3 2008, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you RTFM Weiman? icon_razz.gif All good you got it working.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Biohazard. @ Dec 2 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Imo, if you really want Flac quality just pop the cd in your disc drive and listen to it from that..

you got it backwards icon_razz.gif if you want CD quality, use FLAC icon_wink.gif

but why would you want to pop in a CD, which is a pain in the ass, when you could have the music a double-click away, all sorted the way you like it?

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
QUOTE (Biohazard. @ Dec 3 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you RTFM Weiman? icon_razz.gif All good you got it working.

I did, and it didnt mention this.. so hah icon_razz.gif

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 2 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'll admit i was surprised that an LD didnt work out of the box, considering they test all the units right before shipping. glad to hear a bit of rolling fixed the issue icon_smile.gif

try listening to some GnR, if you have a relatively high-rez file - Appetite and Illusions were all mixed, imho, absolutely superbly, and really show off the capabilities of these amps

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
QUOTE (Inigo Montoya @ Dec 3 2008, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you got it backwards icon_razz.gif if you want CD quality, use FLAC icon_wink.gif

but why would you want to pop in a CD, which is a pain in the ass, when you could have the music a double-click away, all sorted the way you like it?

Hmm that is true.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 3 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh okay, strange.. um give them some customer feedback then, on how to improve their manual?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)