Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[pc/360] Left 4 Dead

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Joby

Joby

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • xfire:joby67
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
  • Steam ID:purepwnagejoby
  • Wii:0958641680091840

QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 30 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brb not picking up any woman

A completely unbiased review...

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Nov 27 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, some of what you expect out of the review is ridiculous. For instance explaining why a gun is fun. In L4D there is no special factors about a gun that you could explain to sum it up better than saying it's fun.

Do you expect me to say "The Auto-Shotgun is fun because it shoots shells at zombies and they die and it feels good"

Sure, I could spice that up a little more, but overall the guns are fun. The general census of people don't care about what makes the gun fun (unless there is some neat new trick to it), although it does work the opposite if the gun was bad.. THEN fully explaining why is crucial. That's what I do.

I still don't think you're really getting what I'm trying to say.
But I also can't really think of any better way to explain than I already have icon_confused.gif
I'll just refrain from repeating myself, this will go nowhere if I do.
Even with as bad as I want too.

Like I said, yeah, I probably am being a douche. I'm pissed off, being a douche while pissed off kind of comes natural.
It's just that when I come into the reviews section, I want a REVIEW, something I don't feel you're giving.
You are very, very good at describing things too (something I suck utter balls at), so I think if you keep working at it you will be a great reviewer some day.
Just.... not now.... ffs.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Nov 28 2008, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I also can't really think of any better way to explain than I already have icon_confused.gif

Like I said, yeah, I probably am being a douche. I'm pissed off, being a douche while pissed off kind of comes natural.
It's just that when I come into the reviews section, I want a REVIEW, something I don't feel you're giving.
You are very, very good at describing things too (something I suck utter balls at), so I think if you keep working at it you will be a great reviewer some day.

I understand what your trying to say perfectly man. You want more detail on each section of the review. You want assurance of how fun it is, and WHY.

Problem is, not everything needs to be backed up with reason. You could ask a million why's when only 1 answer to a why would suffice.

Sometimes, explaining something in detail is unnecessary, and could've just saved the reader time by summing it up with a sentence or two.

Now im not saying that i'm giving enough details, because I could have touched up on the sound and graphics a bit better in the review. It just some of what you are asking for is ridicolous, and HAS been summed up, just not to your liking. If you looking for super in depth gameplay watch a couple of videos on the game.

Lt ledhead

Lt ledhead
  • Members
  • 2,629 posts
  • xfire:ledhead93
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lt ledhead
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
The vid quality was good man, included them in the next ones, helps with keeping everything together and not having people run around the web to find a vid of the game or something/
Anyway, good job!

Kadajiroth

Kadajiroth
  • GA Captain
  • 1,206 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3638
  • Company:Nu
Great review, I still have to pick up a copy of it sometime soon.

kadajiroth_gasig15.png

some dude

some dude
  • Members
  • 2,265 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:kumarricon
this game is the shit. it is like 100x better than Hidden: Source and the zombiehorde mod for css.

i hope fallout 3 is just as good.
performance and adrenaline = no boner.
It's the equivalent of trying to get a hard on with 20 old people standing around you with notepads and watching you intently. It just doesn't happen.

Dylantendo

Dylantendo
  • Members
  • 1,010 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dylantendo
  • Rofl-Rupees:6

Wow this guy really is a douche. If you don't like it go ahead and make a better review.

Shell_shockecl

Shell_shockecl
  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • xfire:superb3ast
  • Interests:games.... duh<br />both playing and making .... and uhhhhhhhhhhh<br />did i say playing games yet? lawl i wonder who reads this crap anyways if ur reading this goodluck cause its going to be very long a repetative because i think i only have 2 interests like i should with my type of amazing game playing talant and pwning nublets makes me want to make a game where i can pwn more and more and more and more and more nublets <br /><br />BTW: theres a hidden message here pm me if u can find it ...
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sou1Co113ct012
I have this game and i Luv it <3 (spams 9000 more <3's )

my only disapointment is that there is no real Barricading like i would have expected from a zombie appacolypse styled gameplay (although getting the hell out of there makes alot of sense too)
But i have recently discovered one of the walls writting was changed, hinting towards a Supermarket that gets fortified (Dawn of the Dead Mall type thing; i just hope u just hold out in it and just getting to run to the mall)

Overall I found the review to be quite good and generally informative; along side with the constructive/not so constructive critisism it made it a enjoyable experience to read this thread XD

PS: btw im hitting this forums up alot lately now after making my first post from my sign up date 30 mins ago lol.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (Dylantendo @ Dec 1 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow this guy really is a douche. If you don't like it go ahead and make a better review.

Then that ruins the point of me wanting to read a good review before playing the game >.<
I WOULD be a douche if I played and wrote a review purely to have a better review than Plasmic.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Dec 1 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WOULD be a douche if I played and wrote a review purely to have a better review than Plasmic.

I would actually be happy if you did, I could read the way you'd review it, and I'd have an idea of how exactly you want me to review by having a example.

I love reading other peoples reviews (everyone has their own special style of reviewing) , Review section gets boring when all I see are my reviews icon_smile.gif

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Dec 1 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would actually be happy if you did, I could read the way you'd review it, and I'd have an idea of how exactly you want me to review by having a example.

I love reading other peoples reviews (everyone has their own special style of reviewing) , Review section gets boring when all I see are my reviews icon_smile.gif

I didn't say it would make me a douche purely to write when you've already written one.

Saying it would nake ne a douche if I wrote a review just for the sake of having a better review than you (as in to show off instead of actually trying to review the game).

Dylantendo

Dylantendo
  • Members
  • 1,010 posts
Ok you're clearly confused as to why you are a douche bloodvayne, so let me elaborate. This guy has gone out of the way to write a review for the benefit of other people, with no personal gain whatsoever. And here you are saying you hate his reviews. He took the extra time to write all these reviews in this section so others can see an oppinion on popular games. Now you might not find them that great, but I think they are pretty useful.

So I'll say what I said before: You're a douche, and stop bitching until you write something better.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (Dylantendo @ Dec 2 2008, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok you're clearly confused as to why you are a douche bloodvayne, so let me elaborate. This guy has gone out of the way to write a review for the benefit of other people, with no personal gain whatsoever. And here you are saying you hate his reviews. He took the extra time to write all these reviews in this section so others can see an oppinion on popular games. Now you might not find them that great, but I think they are pretty useful.

So I'll say what I said before: You're a douche, and stop bitching until you write something better.

And it doesn't seem you've even read my posts.
I said it doesn't even feel that he wrote a review, more of just a summary of the game. Didn't even really give that much of an opinion.

Feels more like he could have made the same post in any other L4D thread on the forum.
Which ANY ONE OF US can do. So you're saying every member on the boards should be praised for making an informative post?
Well I've made a few, SO PRAISE ME MOTHER FUCKER!!!! rofl

And stop being a cunt, like I said, I won't write something better just to magically gain the ability to bitch.
That WOULD make me a douche.
"Oh Plasmic, I wrote such a better review than you did! What are you gonna do about it?"
icon_rolleyes.gif

Dylantendo

Dylantendo
  • Members
  • 1,010 posts
Wow I'm not saying you have to praise him, I'm saying he doesn't deserve to be flamed for writing a review. and before you try to say your not flaming or something:

QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Nov 27 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuckin hell I hate your reviews.....

Just accept the fact that your a douche already.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
Dylantendo thanks for trying, but you can't reason with Bloodvanye.

He hates my reviews, and he's at that point that nothing will make him change his mind.

Once someone builds a hate for something you'll be hard pressed to change their mind. I'm sure anytime Bloodvanye sees a review of mine he rolls his eyes. It's quite sad really, because there's no reason you need to build so much hate for a review. You still get a bunch of informative information from my reviews even if it didnt explain every part of the game.

and YES bloodvanye, it IS a review because I do clearly explain my point of view on the game, weather you pick up on it or not.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Dec 2 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You still get a bunch of informative information from my reviews even if it didnt explain every part of the game.

and YES bloodvanye, it IS a review because I do clearly explain my point of view on the game, weather you pick up on it or not.

And I already said I don't expect you to explain every part of the game. Like I said, you really just don't understand exactly what I've been trying to say as to what is needed in it toa actually make it a review.

Yes, you say you like the game, but you don't give reasons for it. It's not a review.
If you had explained what is good or bad about the details you listed, THEN it would be a review.
But you didn't. Plain and simple.

You said the game is good, then you go onto explaining things about the game.
You rarely connect the two.

There's a part where you lament the fact that there aren't enough levels, but you never explain why the levels that are there are any good.
Am I just supposed to assume from that that the pre-existing levels suck ass, which is why you would want more?

At one part you explained the team dynamics of playing as the infected, that single part was the only thing about it that felt like a "review."

Just look at Joby's reviews. He doesn't go into every little detail about the game. Yet he explains perfectly on why he loves the game, he is actually writing a review.
You give an opinion, yes. But you don't explain the reasons behind that opinion. Definitely not a review.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Dec 2 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I already said I don't expect you to explain every part of the game. Like I said, you really just don't understand exactly what I've been trying to say as to what is needed in it toa actually make it a review.

Yes, you say you like the game, but you don't give reasons for it. It's not a review.
If you had explained what is good or bad about the details you listed, THEN it would be a review.
But you didn't. Plain and simple.

You said the game is good, then you go onto explaining things about the game.
You rarely connect the two.

There's a part where you lament the fact that there aren't enough levels, but you never explain why the levels that are there are any good.
Am I just supposed to assume from that that the pre-existing levels suck ass, which is why you would want more?

At one part you explained the team dynamics of playing as the infected, that single part was the only thing about it that felt like a "review."

Just look at Joby's reviews. He doesn't go into every little detail about the game. Yet he explains perfectly on why he loves the game, he is actually writing a review.
You give an opinion, yes. But you don't explain the reasons behind that opinion. Definitely not a review.

ugh /facepalm

There's no point arguing, Your just being arrogant now.

Here's an answer to one of your questions, I'm sure you'd find more if you read my REVIEW more thoroughly.

QUOTE (Plasmic Fury Review)
With that said, I am still disappointed that there arenít more movies. I am quite happy with playing through what is there several times, but it would be nice to have more than 4 moviesí to play through. If thereís one thing to understand about Left 4 Dead itís that this game does so many things right, but it will leave you wanting so much more. Thankfully, I can see valve adding new movies in the near future if thatís any consolation to some players.

Now what do you think? You think the levels are fun now. Once again SUBTLE ways (even not so subtle) of telling the player what is good. Your just not picking up on it.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts

Do you not understand what this word means or something?

I said, YES, you give your opinion. But you don't give reasons for this opinion.
So much fail to say that something is good, and not back up why. Well, fail for something that's supposed to be a review.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Dec 2 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you not understand what this word means or something?

I said, YES, you give your opinion. But you don't give reasons for this opinion.
So much fail to say that something is good, and not back up why. Well fail for something that's supposed to be a review.

your the only one here whos complaining about why. Most people are satisfied with a "yes" or "no". If something in the game was really that bad, that's what warrants a why. If something is good, I can just say I liked it and its good, and doesn't need to be backed up with a why because whats good is good (not always the case). If you read the whole review you'll pick up on things I say I like and that gives a better understanding of "WHY" but as ive said before you could ask a million whys.

You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Nit picky its retarded.

I'm done arguing with you about this matter, I understand what you mean, but your douchy attitude and unrelenting motivation to prove me wrong is really starting to piss me off. We all have opinions, but there is really no reason why you have to attack my reviews so much, I get it, you hate them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users