Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EQ2 or WotLK?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Neep™

Neep™
  • Members
  • 113 posts
I have a huge urge to head back to EQ2 again. I played it with a few of my friends at the beginning of the year, and we had a lot of fun. But they eventually returned to WoW because farming epix all day for 10 games a week of arenas is much more important than having fun -_-.

I got a dirge to 68 on nagafen, and a shadowknight to 50something on AB before quitting due to several reasons.

Once my dirge hit kunark, no one grouped, and soloing as a dirge...in kunark... where i get 3 shotted in melee... was not fun.

My shadowknight on the other hand... I was told to reroll at least 6 times. Everyone told me I would be terrible in kunark with the huge lack of AOE pulls. And the PVE server was only because my friends rerolled there. I prefer pvp servers.

then just in general, all my friends quit so I lost interest

But a few months ago I created a brigand and leveled to 30 on nagafen. The problem was, there were no groups going on. Hell I never even got pk'd! My dirge was pk'd every 5 minutes! I'd get frustrated, but at least the world felt alive. It was a ghost town on my brig. Everyone told me it was due to warhammer coming out. So I, like many others, jumped ship for that.

Warhammer is almost worst than wow in structure of their pvp. It really isn't very open for a PVP game. I was expecting Ultima online style crazyness. What I got was 2 factions, split down the middle by a wasteland that no one bothered with, and a bunch of battleground grinding.

Now we have Wrath of the lich king coming out. I don't want to play it. In all honesty I have no excitement at all for it. It just sounds like another 3 day grind fest to 80 then standing around with our thumbs up our asses until arenas are re implemented. And I am sick of arenas. Once I got gladiator on my rogue, I was done. I'll have fun with the pve content for a few weeks.. but pvp gear dominating pve gear usually kills my interest pretty quick. Combine that with blizzards insanely conservative approach to content, and everything gets done...fast.

So here I am. Warhammer is pretty empty, so I'm assuming people returned to their respective games. But what will the effect of WOTLK have on EQ2? should I bother? Or am I walking into another empty void with everyone heading over to wotlk? Add this to the fact that everyone seems pissed off about shadow legacy. I'm dieing to play the EQ2 content. I have loved the EQ world since EQ1 raiding up until plane of time. I especially want to hit up kunark since I only got to scratch the surface of it. I'd probably continue my brigand on nagafen.

TL;DR, should I return to EQ2 or just say F it and play WOTLK with everyone else?

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
people still play EQ2?

Neep™

Neep™
  • Members
  • 113 posts
Yeah, it's thriving on quite a few servers.

zalzaron

zalzaron
  • Members
  • 214 posts
If you have a 70 char, i would say yeah get Wotlk and start playing.

The 70-80 "grind" is actually alot of fun with the new quest mechanics, delivering some very strange, new and epic quest.

PvP-wise, blizz moved away from putting a small bit of world-pvp in every zone, and just made 1 big PvP zone. It's nothing like the normal PvP, you have tanks, robots, planes and ofcourse regular PvP all over the zone. The final objective being assaulting a big fortress wich is owned by the last winner. And by having the zone on a timer (it starts every so often and lasts a certain ammount of time) it doesn't get that WAR feeling where you take a keep, and the next day it's gone while you were logged.

WoW is pretty much the game if your looking for PvP.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
  • Gamer Army ID:382
QUOTE (zalzaron @ Nov 22 2008, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have a 70 char, i would say yeah get Wotlk and start playing.

The 70-80 "grind" is actually alot of fun with the new quest mechanics, delivering some very strange, new and epic quest.

PvP-wise, blizz moved away from putting a small bit of world-pvp in every zone, and just made 1 big PvP zone. It's nothing like the normal PvP, you have tanks, robots, planes and ofcourse regular PvP all over the zone. The final objective being assaulting a big fortress wich is owned by the last winner. And by having the zone on a timer (it starts every so often and lasts a certain ammount of time) it doesn't get that WAR feeling where you take a keep, and the next day it's gone while you were logged.

WoW is pretty much the game if your looking for PvP.

This. WotLK is doing something new to WoW, and it's pretty damn awesome. Give it a shot, and if you don't like it, play.. ugh.. EQ2
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

Neep™

Neep™
  • Members
  • 113 posts
QUOTE (zalzaron @ Nov 22 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have a 70 char

I am most definitely not going back to rogue. "CS > AR > hemo x 3 > gouge > KS = IWIN" got boring pretty fast, and I expect it to be the same at 80 except with a few other abilities (Unless assassination will be viable at 80. I'll be leveling my rogue from logging in. Fucking love daggers).

I was thinking more of a warlock or paladin tbh if not.

QUOTE (zalzaron @ Nov 22 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure it will become boring, as most quests are. However, I have yet to find out. icon_smile.gif

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • xfire:molimo140
  • Steam ID:steamacct002
  • Xbox / GFWL:molimo140
  • PSN:molimo140
While I hate both World of Warcraft and EQ2 -- I loved the original Everquest and I still consider it to be the finest achievement ever in MMORPGS to date (better than WoW in EVERY aspect, so suck on that fanboys), I'd suggest EQ2 over World of Warcraft simply because more mature people play it.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Who the hell still plays EQ? :\

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

othera

othera
  • Members
  • 211 posts
Though i like EQ2 more, i would say if ya already got a char on wow go to that WOTLK is quite fun.

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
I would just like to point this out....

You asked a question about what game YOU should play on a forum that is infested with 12 year olds and WoW addicts that have never played any game other then WoW.

There all going to tell you to play WoW, it makes them feel better about buying that crap.

Personally (As a huge Mythic fan) I say go back to WAR, it is a far superior game in all aspects and there is a lot of huge patches coming out in the next few months (And unlike Blizzard you don't have to buy it again!) How ever if you enjoy EQ2, go back to it, there are still plenty of people playing it, play the game you enjoy, not the crap people tell you.

zalzaron

zalzaron
  • Members
  • 214 posts
QUOTE (Dricod @ Dec 10 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would just like to point this out....

You asked a question about what game YOU should play on a forum that is infested with 12 year olds and WoW addicts that have never played any game other then WoW.

There all going to tell you to play WoW, it makes them feel better about buying that crap.

Personally (As a huge Mythic fan) I say go back to WAR, it is a far superior game in all aspects and there is a lot of huge patches coming out in the next few months (And unlike Blizzard you don't have to buy it again!) How ever if you enjoy EQ2, go back to it, there are still plenty of people playing it, play the game you enjoy, not the crap people tell you.

I never get this, how can people hate Wow/blizz just because they are good/popular? It makes no sense at all. It's like you have stocks in EA and need to make sure WoW dies, or like someone has a gun to your head.

Sometimes i really wonder how many people play WAR cause they like WAR, and how many are just there so they can say WoW sucks.

You say go back to WAR, it is a far superior game in all aspects.

This is ofcourse just a plain false statement. Wether WoW or WAR is better at PvP is debatable, i personally prefer WoW's more stable and quik gameplay over the somewhat slow placed WAR. Then again, these are MMO's, neither are fast paced when compared to "reall" games. One has to question tough, why a game that aims to be all about PvP, can only be described as equall, to a game that does everything all-around.

However in the questing department and in the PvE department, there is just no competition, WAR is disgustingly lacking in both these parts, and simply can't hold a candle to the PvE and Q's that WoW provides.

But i think you sum it up with your own words. You are indeed a huge Mythic fan, and with fanboyism, comes the hatred for the other side of the fence.

Fuzzle

Fuzzle
  • Members
  • 937 posts
  • Interests:Words are just a big bunch of letters,... so wtf
  • Xbox / GFWL:A
  • PSN:H
  • Wii:B
QUOTE (Neep™ @ Nov 22 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am most definitely not going back to rogue. "CS > AR > hemo x 3 > gouge > KS = IWIN" got boring pretty fast, and I expect it to be the same at 80 except with a few other abilities (Unless assassination will be viable at 80. I'll be leveling my rogue from logging in. Fucking love daggers).

I was thinking more of a warlock or paladin tbh if not.

I'm pretty sure it will become boring, as most quests are. However, I have yet to find out. icon_smile.gif

Yeh thats ok, just do that vs a prot lvl 80 warrior.. They are the overpowered class!, they can dps and tank at the same time, a little kids dreaM! XD

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (zalzaron @ Dec 11 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never get this, how can people hate Wow/blizz just because they are good/popular? It makes no sense at all. It's like you have stocks in EA and need to make sure WoW dies, or like someone has a gun to your head.

Sometimes i really wonder how many people play WAR cause they like WAR, and how many are just there so they can say WoW sucks.

You say go back to WAR, it is a far superior game in all aspects.

This is ofcourse just a plain false statement. Wether WoW or WAR is better at PvP is debatable, i personally prefer WoW's more stable and quik gameplay over the somewhat slow placed WAR. Then again, these are MMO's, neither are fast paced when compared to "reall" games. One has to question tough, why a game that aims to be all about PvP, can only be described as equall, to a game that does everything all-around.

However in the questing department and in the PvE department, there is just no competition, WAR is disgustingly lacking in both these parts, and simply can't hold a candle to the PvE and Q's that WoW provides.

But i think you sum it up with your own words. You are indeed a huge Mythic fan, and with fanboyism, comes the hatred for the other side of the fence.

Yes, WoW PvP is the best! All you do is dance around like a moron mashing the same button over and over again, that is is far better then needing tactical thinking and team work. How could I be so stupid?

And I don't hate blizzard/WoW because its popular, I hate them because they killed everything an MMO was. MMOs where starting to get to where people expected better and NEW things. and WoW killed all of that with there generic peace of crap copy.

WAR is a new game, and it has already far passed everything WoW had, it has more content then WoW had, it has had more major patches then WoW has EVER had and there is more coming. Also Mythic actually cares about there players so they do things like ban botters and gold farmers, unlike Blizzard who doesn't care as long as they pay monthly.

Now you can say what ever you want after this, I expect a lot of crying and misguided information becuase your to foolish to think for your self and actually do research before you open your mouth. I expect nothing less from the people of this forum, its just a mass of kids dry humping blizzards legs asking for more generic crap.

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Dricod @ Dec 13 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I expect nothing less from the people of this forum, its just a mass of kids dry humping blizzards legs asking for more generic crap.

Quit trolling.
Wuggles for everyone!

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Dricod @ Dec 13 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, WoW PvP is the best! All you do is dance around like a moron mashing the same button over and over again, that is is far better then needing tactical thinking and team work. How could I be so stupid?

And I don't hate blizzard/WoW because its popular, I hate them because they killed everything an MMO was. MMOs where starting to get to where people expected better and NEW things. and WoW killed all of that with there generic peace of crap copy.

WAR is a new game, and it has already far passed everything WoW had, it has more content then WoW had, it has had more major patches then WoW has EVER had and there is more coming. Also Mythic actually cares about there players so they do things like ban botters and gold farmers, unlike Blizzard who doesn't care as long as they pay monthly.

Now you can say what ever you want after this, I expect a lot of crying and misguided information becuase your to foolish to think for your self and actually do research before you open your mouth. I expect nothing less from the people of this forum, its just a mass of kids dry humping blizzards legs asking for more generic crap.

Misguided information? Actually research?

Somethings you should maybe look into yourself there chief.

T3hFurious1

T3hFurious1
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • xfire:fifteenguns
  • Xbox / GFWL:T3hFurious1
QUOTE (Dricod @ Dec 13 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow... lol? I really don't know whether I should laugh or be ashamed about this person...

And to be on topic, people need to stop asking whether one MMO is better than another, frankly it is all about personal preference and opinion. You say you like PvP and that just starts people arguing over whether Wow's PvP is better than WAR's PvP etc. I say, try every game you want to, and say fuck it to the ones you don't like.

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I would only, ONLY, consider playing EQ2 if I had a group of friends to play with. Especially on a pvp server, since going out alone is almost as bad as jumping in a pit of snakes and waiting to be bitten. As far as I see what WotLK has to offer and what many people are jumping on to play, I wouldnt really care for it at all. But go for it if you dont have that group of friends willing to play EQ2, just isnt fun trying to solo/find a group in that game while being chased by 6 people ready to slaughter you into the dirt.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

Shadowslayer

Shadowslayer
  • GA Private
  • 23 posts
  • xfire:arloch
  • Interests:pwning - thats about it. WoW is the &quot;LIFEPLAGUE&quot;.
  • Xbox / GFWL:KoK Raven
  • Gamer Army ID:2407
Hi guys,

I'm probably going to be quite unpopular by saying this but I personally thought WotLK was a bit of a waste of time and money. I've played WoW quite a lot, had a 70 when it came out, but as soon as I started questing again from 70 onwards I just realised I was doing what I'd done a million times already. Blizzard had a hard time balancing the classes at level 70, so adding 10 levels was just going to make balance impossible since every class will get better in different ways.

So after reaching level 75 I decided that I couldn't take the bordem any longer.

I personally suggest avoiding WotLK, but some people seem to totally love it. So maybe there's something in there for some people, but just not for me!!

Back to EVE online now, and waiting for Star Wars The Old Republic MMO which is in production and is looking good. Hopefully see you all on there!

GG.

Rest in peace Troy "T-Bag" Dixon You will be missed.

Soliden

Soliden
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • xfire:mjolnir6
  • Interests:Airsoft, PC games, women, video games, football, baseball, martial arts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SolidenX
  • PSN:SolidenX
  • Wii:N/A
QUOTE (Shadowslayer @ Jan 5 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

I'm probably going to be quite unpopular by saying this but I personally thought WotLK was a bit of a waste of time and money. I've played WoW quite a lot, had a 70 when it came out, but as soon as I started questing again from 70 onwards I just realised I was doing what I'd done a million times already. Blizzard had a hard time balancing the classes at level 70, so adding 10 levels was just going to make balance impossible since every class will get better in different ways.

So after reaching level 75 I decided that I couldn't take the bordem any longer.

I personally suggest avoiding WotLK, but some people seem to totally love it. So maybe there's something in there for some people, but just not for me!!

Back to EVE online now, and waiting for Star Wars The Old Republic MMO which is in production and is looking good. Hopefully see you all on there!

GG.

There's too much irony in what you just typed there. You left an MMO because you are completing the same mundane tasks over and over again only to go back to another MMO to do the same exact thing.

To help the OP out, if you do decide to get WotLK avoid making a dime-a-dozen dumb knight. The servers are flooded with 12 year old D4rKL3GoLasS and dkftws, running around and spamming chat with the most retarded questions that really make me ponder human stupidity. The retribution tree for paladins is actually really well designed now and there is not more lolret. Ret paladins can do some considerable amounts of damage endgame, but if that's not your thing, a warlock is always cool too. I don't have much experience with them per say, but one of my friends plays his warlock religiously and has nothing but good things to say about his class.

As for WotLK overall, I'd say is worth it. I was not a fan of BC for several reasons, but the most important reason was because it seemed that Blizzard rushed when they released it. WotLK gets back into the WC3 lore and everything in WotLK focuses around Arthas and his decent into chaos and madness. The quests are fun and intriguing, the dungeons are brilliantly designed, and there is a ton of tasks to do at end game. They will be releasing Ulduar pretty soon which will add another raiding dungeon for players to plunder, which is always something to look forward to. Sorry I cannot say much about EQ2 because the only other MMO that I have actually played besides WoW was FFXI. (I've tried others but I never subscribed to them so I don't count that as having played them)

Fuck Boxxy. Cancerous hag.

Bolvolly

Bolvolly
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • xfire:bolvolly
  • Interests:Playing Games, Pwnin n00bs, 3dsMax, Music.
  • Steam ID:novadimension
EQ2 is alive?

WOTLK.
teeenn eiigghttyyy peeee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users