Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Build Lacking a Motherboard

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI
  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • xfire:retardlad
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xx Blooddrunken
Looking for a decent motherboard at $100 USD or less.

CPU
RAM
PSU
GPU (Already Purchased)

Pretty firm on those parts there besides getting a different speed of ram for the mobo. Not looking for anything godlike seeing that this will only be running WoW and CSS for now. I would rather buy for durability over performance if you know what I mean...

EDIT: Forgot to add I'm not really going to bother OCing really.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
fix your links, itll make our lives much easier than manually copying/pasting the item numbers

edit: done for you icon_wink.gif

how about a P45-DS3L?

emsal

emsal
  • Members
  • 726 posts
  • xfire:Emsal
  • Interests:Ownage :D
  • Xbox / GFWL:Emsal
GA-EP45-UD3R maybe this one? It has gotten more positive reviews then the one Oaty Bar linked to, though it's 20$ more icon_smile.gif
Grrrrrr

The Green Chicken

The Green Chicken
  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • xfire:MrElsewhere
I wouldn't reccomend that PSU. I have it and it is loud. Can't hear it while playing games and such, but pretty annoying. Performance is fine though. I have heard that some people have the fan hitting the grill.

The antec earthwatts 500w in my dad's comp right now is whisper quiet. Either p45 ds3l or ds3r is good.

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI
  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • xfire:retardlad
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xx Blooddrunken
QUOTE (The Green Chicken @ Nov 19 2008, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't reccomend that PSU. I have it and it is loud. Can't hear it while playing games and such, but pretty annoying. Performance is fine though. I have heard that some people have the fan hitting the grill.

The antec earthwatts 500w in my dad's comp right now is whisper quiet. Either p45 ds3l or ds3r is good.
Yeah I read the reviews on it and there is a simple fix for it; you just got to add washers to the fan screws and it will stop the fan from hitting the grill. Its a simple fix for a cheap PSU.

The P45-DS3L looks good but I'm still open for suggestions.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Just go for the P45-DS3L icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
Yeah, go for the EP45 DS3L. It's probably the best motherboard for anyone that's not going to crossfire/SLI. Don't buy the EP45-UD3R. It's not worth the 20 extra dollars.

Also, get a different power supply. I would recommend the CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W. Just in case you want to upgrade your GPU in the future.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
TX750 is a bit overkill there, most rigs can be powered off a HX520 or VX550, for dual GPU a HX620 or TX650

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Cornhole

Cornhole
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:CS1.6 Masta!<br />GuitarHero Fanatic<br />PSP Enthusiast <br />
IMO...

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817371007