Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official 2d Fighting Game Thread

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
3142 replies to this topic

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • xfire:ejwerf
  • Interests:Making music, gaming, sports.
evo was pretty sick. even though I don't play mvc much and MK not at all, it was still quite fun to watch them both. justin wong getting perfected lololoo, and PR Rogs comeback to reset the bracket in the final. daigo getting dicked on and an 8-year old getting to the mvc top32. hype!
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Well, I think I'm finally done with my stick customization. Added a back button on the side of the stick. Melted the hole with a hot copper pipe... I don't have any power tools icon_sad.gif. Used my kitchen stove and pliers..
Switched button brand from Seimetsu to Sanwa.. they feel so much nicer. Also gave me the chance to cut the art that was in the buttons more precisely.

My back button(the only seimetsu):

I don't know if putting in the 戻る(modoru) is too corny yet, may leave it as a blank button. It's just Japanese for "back" in tons of menus.

The clear sanwas:

Sanwa has only made clear buttons up until recently.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
Nice mod there man, the only thing I've done to my SE is replace the buttons with Sanwa ones. I wanna get new art (dudley themed) and replace the artwork at some point too.
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
Yea it's not too hard. There's an SE template where you simply paste your art in on photoshop. You do have to re-size it to fit in there nice though of coarse. After that it's just a matter of cutting. (after you print it..)

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
I've read a couple tutorials on how to replace the art, seems a bit tricky though. How hard was it for you?
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
The hardest part for me was the cutting, cause I used a paper that was much thicker than necessary. So I had to go over the same cuts at least 3 times. With regular thickness and lami-label it should be done with one slice. But yea that's all that was hard.. the cutting. I used an exacto-knife knock off that I got for 3 bucks but any box cutter is fine I bet.

Also removing the original art is up to you. I got rid of mine.

Here's the template. http://static.capcom...nelTemplate.psd

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 05 September 2011 - 10:50 PM.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
so, anyone playing street fighter x tekken? don't have enough money to buy it so i'm only renting it out for a few days.

first impressions: feels completely different to any other street fighter game i've played before, although after getting to grips with it i'm liking it quite a lot more. if I do start playing this properly, i'm thinking about using cammy. not sure who else to have, ogre seems like he has a lot of potential but I'm determined to try everyone out in this game as they all feel completely different.
[Objection!]

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
I will not fall for it again. I am awaiting the "ULTRA MEGA EXTREME" edition with all the chars. I was supremely pissed at Ultimate MvC being released so soon after MvC, and on disk DLC is absolute bullshit.

In the games defence, I am immensely interested in it and hope it is excellent.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
Pretty much what thrash said. I'm pretty interested in the game. I've played it, it's pretty fun.. but I'm sick of capcoms bullshit. Will be pirating the PC version for local matches and training mode till Super SFxT comes out. I heard the online is ass anyways.

12 finished DLC characters on the disc.
Plenty of infinates.
Ridiculous glitches (see flying megaman).

SSF4AE til SFxT for torrent FTW.

Also, I use a Qanba Q4 Raf now, pretty sweet.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

wolf_1

wolf_1
  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:your mom, your sister, your aunt, your daughter, your niece, your grandmother.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
The only other footage of tomo outside of the capcom VHS.

I bet he doesn't play any of the new shit though.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
nice man, welcome to the qanba club. I have this one:

dunno about sfxt. played it for a few days while I rented it out, i didn't really do anything besides a few trials and arcade mode a couple times. need to have more time with it before I decide whether to play it. i'm only really interested in having dudley in my team. im not a fan of dlc by any means at all but my love for dudley is too much. gonna see if I can pick up a cheap copy in a few months.

playin a lot of 3s these days, with some ae on the side. after starting at uni I found a really good scene that hosts tournaments at least once or twice a month which aren't too far away, so thats pretty cool. i even made it to the 3s final in my first tourny ever: - played against a guy who is said to be one of the best in the uk. even though i lost vs twelve it was pretty cool.
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
QUOTE (Edgeworth @ Mar 28 2012, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice man, welcome to the qanba club. I have this one:

dunno about sfxt. played it for a few days while I rented it out, i didn't really do anything besides a few trials and arcade mode a couple times. need to have more time with it before I decide whether to play it. i'm only really interested in having dudley in my team. im not a fan of dlc by any means at all but my love for dudley is too much. gonna see if I can pick up a cheap copy in a few months.

playin a lot of 3s these days, with some ae on the side. after starting at uni I found a really good scene that hosts tournaments at least once or twice a month which aren't too far away, so thats pretty cool. i even made it to the 3s final in my first tourny ever: - played against a guy who is said to be one of the best in the uk. even though i lost vs twelve it was pretty cool.

Wow that 12 never stopped throwing shit at you. He also parried ALL of your lows I think?
THe qanba: pretty nice huh? I had plans of taking out the octogate of my SE and putting it in the qanba, maybe the extra spring I have also. It makes the stick a little stiffer.
I don't think I'll fuck with it though and just leave it as is. Most arcade cabinets are square gate anyway.

sfxtimeout:

I probably wont be buying it until theres some MAJOR changes. It's already announced for 2v2 at evo to be played WITHOUT GEMS. They're gonna put up a different version of the game than you where sold....

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 29 March 2012 - 02:40 AM.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
yeah I went into that match having absolutely no idea how to fight him, i think it was the first time I had played a human 12 and he was really really good. I missed a hitconfirm into super while he was changing back by about a millisecond, if that had landed i probably would have won that round cause supers do double damage or something while 12 is morphing.

yeah the qanbas are awesome, its cool how we both went from an SE to a qanba. i considered getting an octogate when I first started using a stick, but got used to a square gate really fast and now my execution is pretty decent. can now consistenly hit 1/2 frame links in sf4 and although I still have a way to go with execution on 3s, its 10 times better than what it was when i played that final.

as for sfxt, i'm more interested in watching it than playing it really. i like seeing the tekken characters being used. i'm tempted to rent it out again but cba
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
I used octo gate for my entire run with SE. It really is nice. But I figure I should get used to the universal square gate. man you got the red one huh.. thats like 30 bucks more or something?

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
it was 110, the others were 100. i wanted it cause it looked nicer, don't wanna be like everyone else with the same stick.

went to a 3s session at the heart of gaming today (its a really small place atm with 4 cabinets and people just go there for sessions every day, games are switched in and out and stuff but its soon moving to a big place in london where theres gonna be like 35 cabs) and played against some of the best people in the uk. won about 2 matches lol. was really fun though, learnt a lot of stuff and witnessed some pro players.
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
Excellent. I really should go to South Town Arcade more.. it's about 20 mins away. I'm fucking cheap and dont like to pay 50 cents for a game I have at home though. Plus it's not like I'm constantly winning.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
it was 5 for the whole day for everyone which is cool, and thats the format that the whole arcade is going to follow when it moves to the bigger venue. I was talking to the owner about it and he explained it quite well - if everyone pays a set price when they go in, and all the machines are on freeplay, they are way more likely to try different games even if they get blown up on it.
[Objection!]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
Here's me jumping around like a noob.

I only uploaded because reallly wanted to use the "boomshakalaka" sound effect..
I played Guy only when SSF4 came out and have used Fei Long the most. I keep pressing fucking cr.MP as you'll notice..

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
that video makes no sense to me. guy in a costume i've never seen, the vanilla sf4 announcer and some awesome stage music. do you play on PC aswell?

this is one I did recently, dudley vs chun-li is a horrible matchup so was quite proud of it even though I basically did exactly the same thing both rounds
[Objection!]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)