Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Frustrated WoW veterans

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
JUST TO CLEAR IT UP: The S2 v T5 is funny, to me, because for some reason I never
understood people think you suck if you're not in anything less higher then T5
(on my realm's forums of fail, anyways).

So it makes me happy to find the same douche saying he'll kick my ass and slapping
him around like a $2 whore.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
PVE gear is better in some builds than PVP gear.

Creed 90

Creed 90
  • Banned
  • 918 posts
QUOTE (Jayl3w @ Nov 16 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JUST TO CLEAR IT UP: The S2 v T5 is funny, to me, because for some reason I never
understood people think you suck if you're not in anything less higher then T5

(on my realm's forums of fail, anyways).

So it makes me happy to find the same douche saying he'll kick my ass and slapping
him around like a $2 whore.

Sorry mate, but, what?

Hamham272

Hamham272
  • Members
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming, getting wasted with mates.
QUOTE (Creed 90 @ Nov 17 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Polar opposites. S2 has PvP stats, higher stamina, RESILIENCE , things like that. Unless you're a rogue farming Sunwell you should never PvP in PvE gear.

I know... I was making a point. His comment made no sense. You should rape people in T5 when you're in "shitty" S2.

kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage

kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:kornfan43
  • Xbox / GFWL:NI
  • PSN:S -.-
  • Wii:PE
pvp welfare shit gear is shit

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
its a game

Senor_Hat

Senor_Hat
  • GA Private
  • 909 posts
  • xfire:senorhat
  • Interests:Bass, Cooking, Gaming, Hacky Sack.
  • Gamer Army ID:3123
QUOTE (kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage @ Nov 24 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pvp welfare shit gear is shit

So when it wasn't welfare it wasn't shit?

I have beaten The Internet. The end guy was hard.

kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage

kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:kornfan43
  • Xbox / GFWL:NI
  • PSN:S -.-
  • Wii:PE
when it was High Warlord it wasnt shit.

cheesebandan

cheesebandan
  • GA Corporal
  • 218 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:156
Pre-TBC wow felt like a different game now with wotlk i havnt tried. I miss MC etc those where the days of true wow players
GA #156

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
I'm relatively new to WoW - very new, even. I picked it up like a week ago to give it a try, since i played it before and didn't really like it. And i'm just interested, why is the game so different to "veterans"? What's changed?

Clearly there are the obvious things: gear/raids/content. But why does that make it better/worse if you've "been there and done that"?

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage @ Nov 24 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when it was High Warlord it wasnt shit.

This.

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Dec 22 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm relatively new to WoW - very new, even. I picked it up like a week ago to give it a try, since i played it before and didn't really like it. And i'm just interested, why is the game so different to "veterans"? What's changed?

Clearly there are the obvious things: gear/raids/content. But why does that make it better/worse if you've "been there and done that"?

For most of the Vanilla Vets it's mainly the loss of 40 man raids. Raids in TBC+Wrath only allow 25 people in the dungeon, so it's not that epic in comparison; even less so in Wrath since you can 10man everything. As for TBC...I don't know about others but the Badge of Justice system pissed me off. The raids stopped being challenging after SSC/TK(I can't comment on Sunwell, I didn't get to see it in pre-rape form). I don't know if it was due to Badge Gear making us highly overgeared or if it was just designed shitty. The removal of attunements also made things annoying since mine and most other guilds just skipped right over Kael. Then, to top off skipping kael, most of the fights in the upper tier of end-game were easy as piss and disappointing(Mount Trash being the lowlight of the group). I'm missing out on a bunch of things, but those are the main things that stuck out to me over the years icon_sad.gif

Edited by Admiral Discussion, 22 December 2008 - 09:48 AM.

Wuggles for everyone!

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Dec 22 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arena ruined World of Warcraft. Generally speaking; the whole PvP system is shit compared to what it used to be, that's just my view as a "Vet" I guess.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
Or in my opinion improved upon PvP in every way. I still enjoy battlegrounds, but Arenas really allow individual skill to shine and I for one things that's a very important thing.

hummus

hummus
  • Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:i dunno i dont even play games anymore what am I doing here?
QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ Dec 22 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or in my opinion improved upon PvP in every way. I still enjoy battlegrounds, but Arenas really allow individual skill to shine and I for one things that's a very important thing.

therapist is therapist. Or something.

I quit wow about a year ago, was thinking about starting again, then i heard about WoTLK and i was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. And then like yo brooooooo. Anyhow i couldn't resist it so now im starting wow again brian.png .

And something people won't accept/realize is that game producers make the game so that the majority will buy it (casual gamers), rather than for the minority group of real/skilled gamers.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (hummus @ Dec 22 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And something people won't accept/realize is that game producers make the game so that the majority will buy it (casual gamers), rather than for the minority group of real/skilled gamers.

One can assume that WoW led the way for Diablo 3 and for Starcraft 2. So yes, they have a game for casuals, but they are also coming out with a game for the hardcore.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 22 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One can assume that WoW led the way for Diablo 3 and for Starcraft 2. So yes, they have a game for casuals, but they are also coming out with a game for the hardcore.

This. You can already see the changes for the casual in sc2

spazure

spazure
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • xfire:spazure
  • Interests:Stargate Worlds (MMORPG), World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, FFVI, FFVII, FFX &amp; FFX-2
  • Xbox / GFWL:Don't want
  • PSN:spazure
  • Wii:Don't have
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Nov 12 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many WoW players who "quit" for Warhammer have recently returned to WoW, actually. WoW isn't going to die for a long-ass time.

Yep. I actually swore I'd never play WoW again, but I bought Wrath just to "check it out". I did login to WAR one more time though, but the whole place was a ghost town. My guild still existed, but nobody had logged in for weeks, and it took almost an hour to get a Tier 3 scenario to launch. I figured if I couldn't PVP in WAR, then I had no reason to be there -- if I want to do PVE, I'd go back to WoW.

I'm happy to be back with WoW though. I know I'm one of those "new" WoW players that all the old-school raiders despise, but I still manage to find my own fun in the game, so all is well. icon_biggrin.gif

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Smokey @ Nov 12 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people who quit because their gear is going to be shit in the next few levels are retarded. how can the game get new shit or better without new and better gear?

l2p fools, it's just the way it is. it will be like that with every other game too.

I couldn't care less. What I do care about is what the hell they did to raiding. Oh man... my server was so tight knit. I had like 20 irl friends on that server, I had made friends on that server. I still talk to alot of the people who I played wow way back many years ago on aim or msn or on xbox live. Those 40 man raids were so fun when everyone was friends with each other, especially C'thun. /sighs and day dreams of old wow
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users