Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[SOLVED] Help, MSN won't connect

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AZN_L473ncy

AZN_L473ncy
  • Members
  • 612 posts
[SOLVED]

OK, I caved in and got NOD32. I was using Avast! before but I decided that I wanted something a bit better so I might as well get NOD32 so I did.

Anyways, after I installed it MSN stopped working. I googled this problem (with error code) and people are saying that it's a NOD32 problem is there a workaround for this? I haven't seemed to find one other than uninstall NOD32 (but I don't want to). I really like how NOD32 is really stingy on resources and how the scan's take a tenth of the time so I'm inclined to keep it.

Running: NOD32 ver. 3.0.669.0 and Windows Live 8.5.

Also this might be of interest too, I'm actually on my schools wireless, and apparently it may also have something to do with NOD32 connecting on the wireless or something. However I could connect to the wireless before with no problems so I doubt that it has anything to do with the school blocking any ports or anything, plus some of my friends can connect to MSN on the wireless too so it's probably NOD32.

How do I proceed??? Any and all help is appreciated.

[SOLVED]

Thanks for the help, I e-mailed Customer Support and got my problem solved.

To Mods: This can be locked/deleted/archived/whatever.

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
Just go back to Avast, its what I use and it is great - and it is free...

AZN_L473ncy

AZN_L473ncy
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Update: New info.

In my dorm right now and I connected to the wired network. Tried to sign in and it works. Then I tried to sign in on the wireless and no dice. So I think it has to do with some weird setting in NOD32 that won't let me connect while on the wireless.

I really need to get this fixed as I don't normally have a wired connection available to me all the time and MSN is kind of essential for me (no, not just "shooting the breeze" with friends, I actually require it).

I've also just tested trying to turn off protection while on the wireless and it still won't connect so I don't really know what the problem here is I will look through NOD32's settings though see if there's something thats preventing me from connecting while on a wireless network.

Also I should probably add that I bought the "ESET NOD32 Smart Security suite" (Antivir, Firewall, and Anti spyware) not just the Antivir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users