Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legends/Myths/Whatever

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
Well I searched and couldn't find anything, and I figured this would be the best section for some more intellectual insight on the matter.

I was watching "Is It Real" on National Geographic Channel and wanted to read your ideas and beliefs.

Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, thousands of UFO sightings, what ever you can think of that is related and skeptical in its nature.

FIGHT!

Creed 90

Creed 90
  • Banned
  • 918 posts
Well, everything stems from something. A base concept, if you will.

UFO's, I personally believe, are just airships. Run by various military, or just one. I honestly believe it makes more sense than aliens coming to our Earth, ALL using different ships. The military testing various ones however, would make sense. But both are possibilities, we just don't know. Aliens ARE real, just not here.

Sasquatch could be what people claim it to me, very easily. But I find it more likely that, because of the myth, and through the power of suggestion, people are mistaking other animals for it. It makes more sense to me that that happens, but an undiscovered animal that fits the profile of sasquatch is possible. It's just ignorant to say we've discovered every land animal on the Earth.

Lochness monster could be a large reptile. It could be a surviving dinosaur, there could be others. It's worth study. But again, the power of suggestion makes a lot of the sightings exaggerated, and scares scientists away from it due to the number of hoaxes.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Best Returning Member 08

• Banned
  • 2,309 posts
Aliens are real. The universe is huge beyond comprehension so there's no way we are the only life.

Loch Ness i thought was pretty much disproven.

Bigfoot, meh, there would have to be only 2 or 3 left if nobody had actually seen it or found a body by now.

Chupacabre, they found a fox that had some kind of disease that made it look all fucked up and they called it the Chupacabre. Saw it along time ago so not entirely sure.

Triangle, gas chambers on the ocean floor burst open, send huge gas bubbles up to the surface when a ship is passing, damaging the hull taking the ship down. (someone could explain that in more detail im sure but thats one thing) Its a magnetic field, thats why compasses always mess up.

All i can think of. And this is off the top of my head from shows ive watched to articles ive read. Let me know if i got something wrong.

Good thread btw.
Anyway to delete this account? I wont be back so let Cm die please sir. If i come back it will be unknown to you and everyone else.

It would be awesome if you could kill Morgan though.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
New World Order - Myth.

Aliens - Myth icon_razz.gif

Loch Ness Monster - Myth

Bigfoot - Myth icon_razz.gif

A lot of these myths are so dumb, it is hard to take the people who take them seriously seriously.
And like that, he was gone.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Best Returning Member 08

• Banned
  • 2,309 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Nov 10 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aliens - Myth icon_razz.gif

A lot of these myths are so dumb, it is hard to take the people who take them seriously seriously.

Do you really believe that in the entire universe there is no other life at all? I really doubt they've come to Earth before but we cant be the only thing that ever existed ever.

Little green men might not exist but im sure other lifeforms like plants, animals exist somewhere on another planet.

Anyway to delete this account? I wont be back so let Cm die please sir. If i come back it will be unknown to you and everyone else.

Creed 90

Creed 90
  • Banned
  • 918 posts
QUOTE (Captain Morgan @ Nov 10 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you really believe that in the entire universe there is no other life at all? I really doubt they've come to Earth before but we cant be the only thing that ever existed ever.

Little green men might not exist but im sure other lifeforms like plants, animals exist somewhere on another planet.

Don't forget other universes.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Best Returning Member 08

• Banned
  • 2,309 posts
QUOTE (Creed 90 @ Nov 10 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget other universes.

Well whole galaxy, all of space is what i meant.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Captain Morgan @ Nov 10 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aliens are real. The universe is huge beyond comprehension so there's no way we are the only life.

True, the chances of life on another planet is extremely high, but contact is extremely low.

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Just because its possible that theres life in this universe, its really unlikely that we've been contacted by them. Or that we will ever for that matter.

Slilent

Slilent
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 1,488 posts
  • xfire:NA
  • Interests:I have none
  • Steam ID:NA
  • Xbox / GFWL:NA
  • PSN:NA
  • Wii:NA
  • Gamer Army ID:2502
  • Company:Foxtrot
IF we ever have contact its likely not to be much language barrier problems hell could be more life just like us out there that tok a diffrent path down the road of history

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Master C @ Nov 10 2008, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because its possible that theres life in this universe, its really unlikely that we've been contacted by them. Or that we will ever for that matter.

Yeah there are probably more interesting planets for aliens to explore. Coming to earth would be like one of us taking a hard earned vacation...to New Jersey.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Best Returning Member 08

• Banned
  • 2,309 posts
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Nov 10 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah there are probably more interesting planets for aliens to explore. Coming to earth would be like one of us taking a hard earned vacation...to New Jersey.

Well what if the aliens were just now able to explore outside their own galaxy? Little green mean who are only 100 years ahead of us instead of 450000000 like everyone thinks.

What if they think the same thing we do? "Why would any aliens visit our planet? We're probably light years behind them"

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (Master C @ Nov 10 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you that is what I meant, and the probability is high that ONE exists. But the probability of many? Eh, we are stretching it.
And like that, he was gone.

mailedbypostman

mailedbypostman
  • Members
  • 811 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Nov 10 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New World Order - Myth.
Bigfoot - Myth icon_razz.gif

Not so sure about these two. Is it possible that there's a large group which plans to gain global power? Sure, why not? It's also possible for a few isolated specimens of BF to be living in obscure areas.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Nov 10 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the probability of many? Eh, we are stretching it.

Not at all man. The universe is so incredibly vast it's almost inconceivable to be able to illustrate it in your head. I feel life is scattered everywhere across our universe.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
New world order is right under all of your noses. Been there for atleast 2008 years.

It happens to be called, Religeon.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Nov 10 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New world order is right under all of your noses. Been there for atleast 2008 years.

It happens to be called, Religeon.

Kay.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Nov 10 2008, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kay.

Well I mean, come on. Think about it? How many of the religeons out there are like "I'm the one and only god. All others are imposters listen to me." Yadda yadda. At one point even, the Kings of Europe wouldn't do anything without the Pope's consent. Just think though, how much influence religeon has over our lives and how it affects the descisions made by governing bodies.

It has a serious effect on humanity as a whole and to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if most religeons wanted to controll the Earth.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
Ghosts/supernatural entities are also fair game.

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
I have never seen any of these myths, and neither has anyone I know. The thing is that if anyone DID see these things, they would most likely keep their mouth shut or else people would think they're crazy and they would lose reputation & respect.

But I do, on the otherhand believe in more supernatural stuff. Like ghosts, spirits, demons, angels.

I believe in God. There have been far too many things in my life that have been unexplainable except for the fact that there was a much larger being at work. Ya know?

That's my belief anyways..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users