Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legends/Myths/Whatever

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Lisa!

Lisa!
  • GA Private
  • 1,442 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3969
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 10 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, thousands of UFO sightings, what ever you can think of that is related and skeptical in its nature.

Ah, conspiracy theories. My favourite.

I think you guys are forgetting the greatest myth of them all.

The Holocaust.

Oh, and to whoever said something about the myth of the Holocaust, my step-grandpa was part of the German army in WW2, was a prisoner of war in Russia and whatnot, he fought under Hitler and stuff... I remember a conversation at dinner where he and my Grandma were talking about the Holocaust, and they both said that it never happened, that it was just a lie or something. Yet 6 million+ people just dont 'mysteriously disappear' overnight.
Anyway.

Ghosts/supernatural entities are also fair game.

I actually do think ghosts and stuff like that are real. Some stuff can't be explained, but I think it makes sense to say that ghosts actually exist.

RoflPwnt

RoflPwnt
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • xfire:zolthanlol
QUOTE (lisa! @ Nov 12 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, conspiracy theories. My favourite.

Oh, and to whoever said something about the myth of the Holocaust, my step-grandpa was part of the German army in WW2, was a prisoner of war in Russia and whatnot, he fought under Hitler and stuff... I remember a conversation at dinner where he and my Grandma were talking about the Holocaust, and they both said that it never happened, that it was just a lie or something. Yet 6 million+ people just dont 'mysteriously disappear' overnight.
Anyway.

I actually do think ghosts and stuff like that are real. Some stuff can't be explained, but I think it makes sense to say that ghosts actually exist.

In what way do ghosts "make sense?"

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (RoflPwnt @ Nov 12 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anyone who doesn't believe in a soul shouldn't believe in ghosts. Ghosts, to me, are a combination of paranoia, delusional thoughts and an over active or under used imagination.

Creed 90

Creed 90
  • Banned
  • 918 posts
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Nov 12 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone who doesn't believe in a soul shouldn't believe in ghosts. Ghosts, to me, are a combination of paranoia, delusional thoughts and an over active or under used imagination.

+ power of suggestion... which is in no short supply!

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Creed 90 @ Nov 12 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+ power of suggestion... which is in no short supply!

very true.

Social Engineering seems to be on the rise anymore. I think its because there is an increase of people who understand how people think.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I think the Holocaust happened.

Do you know why? My Oma and Opa are dutch, from Holland. They were kids in WW2, they had to wait in line for 8 hours for a loaf of stale bread. They had to kill rich people's cat's that wandered outside for food and go through the rich people's garbage. My Opa's sister was killed by a firebomb that fell into their house and crushed her before exploding. They saw Nazi soldiers take jewish P.O.W's. If it was also an 'American' conspiracy, why did the Russian Army's also encounter the concentration camps, same with the Canadians.

It's rather a stupid notion imo to say it never happened.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (RoflPwnt @ Nov 12 2008, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that would be an example of a good question.

RoflPwnt

RoflPwnt
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • xfire:zolthanlol
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Nov 13 2008, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that would be an example of a good question.

/bow

BR_Riot

BR_Riot
  • GA Private
  • 9 posts
  • xfire:brriot
  • Gamer Army ID:4306
A friend of mine is convinced that coughing after taking a hit gets you higher. I call bullshit, anybody wanna tackle this one?

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Best Returning Member 08

• Banned
  • 2,309 posts
QUOTE (BR_Riot @ Nov 17 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friend of mine is convinced that coughing after taking a hit gets you higher. I call bullshit, anybody wanna tackle this one?

Ive heard that coughing opens up your lungs allowing more smoke to go in. Ive also heard that it doesnt matter if you hold the smoke in, as it will not make you higher.

Both are things ive heard so anyone wanna give facts on any of these please do so.
Anyway to delete this account? I wont be back so let Cm die please sir. If i come back it will be unknown to you and everyone else.

It would be awesome if you could kill Morgan though.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
QUOTE (Captain Morgan @ Nov 17 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive heard that coughing opens up your lungs allowing more smoke to go in. Ive also heard that it doesnt matter if you hold the smoke in, as it will not make you higher.

Both are things ive heard so anyone wanna give facts on any of these please do so.

Thc is abosrbed almost instantly into your lungs, HOlding the smoke in does ALOT of damage.
As for life in the universe. Well
Consider this earth is one grain of sand, in the Sahara Desert.
There HAS to be life. Theres billions of other galaxies besides ours. And those who say aliens are 369023962 years ahead of us tecnologically, I wouldn't be surprised if they are versions of earth in different stages. For example, I reckon theres a planet out there with dinosaurs inhabiting it.

]

Alarim

Alarim
  • Members
  • 74 posts
Loch Ness has been busted quite a few times already. one of the more entertaining ones are Penn and Tellers Kryptozoology episode.
Ghosts? Well, I've never seen any proof of them. Prove it scientifically and you've convinced me.
Aliens I do believe in. I don't belive that they've visited earth, or atleast if they had we wouldn't know about it. Their technology WAY > ours if htey can get here.

If there is a god I hope he's something way more than our current ones. But probably not since our universe is so bloody boring.. icon_sad.gif And if God will ever be acknowledged as a fact or show himself to us then I'd still not worship him. He sucks at imagination. Gods I'd prefer:

"Anoia

The minor goddess of Things That Stick in Drawers, Anoia is praised by rattling a drawer and crying "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?" She also eats corkscrews and is responsible for Things Down The Backs of Sofas, and is considering moving into stuck zips. The Maccalariat family of Ankh-Morpork have been Anoians for five generations. She is not part of the number of gods praised at the Temple of Small Gods, but instead has a freelance priestess who also serves for various other minor deities. Thud! refers to a painting of Anoia Rising From The Cutlery (probably a parody of the iconic Venus Rising From the Sea).

She was previously a volcano goddess, possibly under the name Lela. Anoia (and Lela) are first mentioned in Going Postal. She appears in Wintersmith as a tired, skinny woman wearing a bedsheet and smoking a cigarette that sparks like a volcano (she began smoking when the Storm God kept raining on her lava). On a whim, Moist von Lipwig named her as one of the gods responsible for his "miraculous" recovery of a large sum of buried money: since belief is what empowers Discworld gods, she benefited tremendously from the resulting surge of believers. As of Making Money her religion has seen something of a revival, and now she is the goddess of hopeless causes.

"Anoia" sounds like a Greek word meaning "mindlessness", but contains an obvious allusion to the verb "to annoy"."

or

Sheogorath: http://www.uesp.net/...ring:Sheogorath

Heh, I hope God is Terry Pratchett. icon_smile.gif

DuKeTiberium

DuKeTiberium
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Q: if there are really alien life forms why would the look different from us i mean come on this is a pretty damn good design we got go'in here.

anyway if there is some other sentient race out there and we do make contact put on a friendly show and fire up the nuke's

just in-case they do have dethrays

as for the rest don't sweat it perhaps a couple years from now .......yeah i got nothin

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (DuKeTiberium @ Jan 10 2010, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q: if there are really alien life forms why would the look different from us i mean come on this is a pretty damn good design we got go'in here.

it depends on what their planet would be like. We work well on our planet, but there's no saying what another planet would be like. I was also watching a nova on DNA where most of earth's animal life starts with 4 limbs because at some point that was the dominant amount and we just adapted from there. If there were some distant ancestor that had 6, it's likely we'd have extra limbs.

That said, if there were a primarily liquid covered planet, the dominant species would probably look nothing like us.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jan 10 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, if there were a primarily liquid covered planet, the dominant species would probably look nothing like us.

who knows, it may end up looking something like this:

Edited by Emotive, 10 January 2010 - 02:59 AM.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
Why do most people assume aliens are far more technologically advanced?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Ineffable @ Jan 10 2010, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do most people assume aliens are far more technologically advanced?

People say that, if the Aliens get to us, they'd have to be.

I mean, we would have to conquer Space flight to get anywhere further then the moon and that just hasn't been done yet. We're not technologically advanced enough to send humans further then around the moon.

So assuming Alien life visits us, it would have to be more advanced then us wouldn't you agree?

I'm sure that in our Galaxy of the Milky way, there's definately atleast 1 other planet out there that can sustain life and does.

But I mean... Damn, our universe feels empty due to the fact that so far all of the planets we know about, don't contain any kind of life forms that we know about. Feels kinda creepy tbh, to be the only sentient drop in an ocean.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
I realised that fact a few minutes after I posted. Woops.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
And to assume "God" created billions and billions of galaxies, Just for us here on earth, then thats kinda, silly.

]

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (Emotive @ Jan 10 2010, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who knows, it may end up looking something like this:

I lose. But you get my point.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.