Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WARNING: Fallout 3

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
I just purchased this game an hour ago, and it installs fine and everything but the game will not work. At first it just froze when I clicked new game, but now when i run it it just crashes.

It's not only me either, I checked the bethesda boards and apparently lots of people are getting the same problems.

If you're going to buy this game on PC, you could end up with the same damn errors, so If I were you i'd wait till it's all resolved.

And yes, Ive tried everything.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Fucking christ.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
Yes, its extremely dissapointing. Im hoping they get a fix out soon, game looks really fun, but I cant even play it icon_sad.gif

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
moving to rpg board since this isnt a console issue, but a pc issue.

Rljohn

Rljohn
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • xfire:rljohn
  • Xbox / GFWL:rljohn
  • Wii:4945597007048201
lol my version from piratebay is working perfectly, russian language fix nonwithstanding.

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
Man i saw this game on somewhere, it looked crap lol, like you get that one lockon move and you can kill anybody, and the effects didnt look very nice.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 28 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just purchased this game an hour ago, and it installs fine and everything but the game will not work. At first it just froze when I clicked new game, but now when i run it it just crashes.

It's not only me either, I checked the bethesda boards and apparently lots of people are getting the same problems.

If you're going to buy this game on PC, you could end up with the same damn errors, so If I were you i'd wait till it's all resolved.

And yes, Ive tried everything.

update your video drivers?

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
Just installed it and it's running fine.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Wtf is up with PC games and being released with 2984627893748923 bugs? Far Cry 2 had me worried enough but now this?

Geez, no love for the PC. icon_sad.gif

Lt ledhead

Lt ledhead
  • Members
  • 2,629 posts
  • xfire:ledhead93
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lt ledhead
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Wow that blows, hate it when you wait for a game and this happens.

Toimia

Toimia
  • GA Private
  • 745 posts
  • xfire:Toimia
  • Gamer Army ID:2290
Us brits have to wait to the fucking 31st for this game so don't complain about waiting.

10 long years i've been waiting and bethesda have to fuck it up with problems from launch day 1.

Back in the day before internet, games couldn't be patched so they always came out 100%, now days it seems that games are released at 60% with the devs throwing in a fix or two when they feel like it.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
QUOTE (Toimia @ Oct 29 2008, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Us brits have to wait to the fucking 31st for this game so don't complain about waiting.

10 long years i've been waiting and bethesda have to fuck it up with problems from launch day 1.

Back in the day before internet games came out pretty much error free.

Games were also like 2MB in size back then.

I gotta wait till the 31st too but I'm gonna buy the PC version, fuck all y'all.
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
Alright, lots of people are still having major problems with loading the games, but there's also a bunch of people that are having no problems now.

There's a chance you might crash, but the problem will mostly be on your end I reckon.

What did me in was my sound card drivers.

For anyone who is going to play this game on PC and has a Xonar DX make sure to turn off your GX.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 29 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, lots of people are still having major problems with loading the games, but there's also a bunch of people that are having no problems now.

There's a chance you might crash, but the problem will mostly be on your end I reckon.

What did me in was my sound card drivers.

For anyone who is going to play this game on PC and has a Xonar DX make sure to turn off your GX.

You make it seem like the majority of people are crashing and there's a few who can run it ok.
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ Oct 28 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make it seem like the majority of people are crashing and there's a few who can run it ok.

That's because I went to the bethesda boards and there has been SO many topics on game crashes its ridicolous. I think about 315 people were viewing the "PC issues" part of the board.

Everyone who had problems all had different specs on their computer too, so it wasnt just the people with low end PC's

The truth is, there's a good chance it will work fine, but there ARE problems with the PC version of Fallout 3, it's been acknowledged by the bethesda staff.

My advice is to run the game with most of your useless processes turned off.

EDIT: Espically to those buying from Direct2Drive. The "live" function will not work, but the issue is being looked into.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 29 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's because I went to the bethesda boards and there has been SO many topics on game crashes its ridicolous. I think about 315 people were viewing the "PC issues" part of the board.

Everyone who had problems all had different specs on their computer too, so it wasnt just the people with low end PC's

The truth is, there's a good chance it will work fine, but there ARE problems with the PC version of Fallout 3, it's been acknowledged by the bethesda staff.

My advice is to run the game with most of your useless processes turned off.

EDIT: Espically to those buying from Direct2Drive. The "live" function will not work, but the issue is being looked into.

I'd say 99% of people on the Bethesda boards can't tell their ass from their elbow so it's natural they would have problems.

juX

juX
  • GA Private
  • 703 posts
  • xfire:joom8
  • Gamer Army ID:4716
  • Company:Hotel
I installed the game and played for 4 hours no problems, I don't know what to say for those who do have problems.

oh yeah sorry?

crashMMVII

crashMMVII
  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • xfire:crashmmvii
  • Xbox / GFWL:x Crash INC
QUOTE (juX @ Oct 28 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I installed the game and played for 4 hours no problems, I don't know what to say for those who do have problems.

QUOTE (Jayl3w @ Nov 13 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smell that guys? It smells like douche.
Someone bought my cologne! :D

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts