Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragon Age: Origins

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
So guys should I be excited for this? Tell me how I should feel.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (Master C @ May 14 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So guys should I be excited for this? Tell me how I should feel.

Its fucking bioware brah

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
Do you like?

* Dungeons
* Dragons
* New Shit

What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ May 14 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you like?

* Dungeons
* Dragons
* New Shit

*Yes
*Yes
*Yes

Ok I'm game Bioware, whatcha gonna throw at me?

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ May 14 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you like?

* Dungeons
* Dragons
* New Shit

fucking lol

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
Should I be excited for this?

I'm not sure if I want Dargons in mah Dungeons.

Caelumeg

Caelumeg
  • GA Private
  • 777 posts
  • xfire:AdeptEG
  • Gamer Army ID:2576
BUMP

As the release draws near I thought I might rewrite the main post, it was too lazy before and lots of new information was made available since then.

Check out this new article about the toolset: this is looking more and more like my wet dream. icon_biggrin.gif cough

Edited by Caelumeg, 17 July 2009 - 06:38 PM.

Fenyx

Fenyx

Best crap contributor '09

• Retired Staff
  • 1,346 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:EmeraldTide
  • Gamer Army ID:838
Have you seen the new Dragon Age Trailer? It's pretty intense, I like the new direction they are taking with the style:

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
Haha?

If it was a joke, it wasn't very funny. :\

Fenyx

Fenyx

• Retired Staff
  • 1,346 posts
The new Dragon Age trailers are all about GORE AND HARD ROCK.

I mean really BioWare? Fuck. And they're releasing console versions? So basically if they are to make it exactly the same, the design choices they have to make (read: sacrifices) so it works on the console, like different level layouts, will also be present in the PC version.

Why.

Also, preorder exclusive ingame content that costs 20 bucks otherwise.

Beginning to be let down here.

Caelumeg

Caelumeg
  • GA Private
  • 777 posts
What's wrong with releasing console versions? It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Can't see how it'll hurt the game at all tbh. The only sacrifices they have to make is make new control schemes for the consoles that work just as well as the one on the PC, and apparently they managed to do that.

And I doubt the toolset will get a console version. So there you have it.

And as for the extra content, it's not content that was excluded just for the sake of selling it individually. Shale was announced literally years ago and was cut a long long time ago in development. As in there was lots of unfinished material that was completely removed from the game and never touched again. This DLC reconstructs that content and adds it back in.

And it's not just for preorders, it's for all first-hand sales.

Can't see what's wrong with that, honestly. I mean, finally someone is using a carrot instead of a stick.

Edited by Caelumeg, 15 August 2009 - 04:50 AM.

Fenyx

Fenyx

• Retired Staff
  • 1,346 posts
QUOTE (Caelumeg @ Aug 14 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's wrong with releasing console versions? It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Can't see how it'll hurt the game at all tbh. The only sacrifices they have to make is make new control schemes for the consoles that work just as well as the one on the PC, and apparently they managed to do that.

And I doubt the toolset will get a console version. So there you have it.

And as for the extra content, it's not content that was excluded just for the sake of selling it individually. Shale was announced literally years ago and was cut a long long time ago in development. As in there was lots of unfinished material that was completely removed from the game and never touched again. This DLC reconstructs that content and adds it back in.

And it's not just for preorders, it's for all first-hand sales.

Can't see what's wrong with that, honestly. I mean, finally someone is using a carrot instead of a stick.

I'M JUST WORRIED MAN.

We need a REAL RPG, like what this is promising. But if the dialogue turns out to be nothing but 60 hours of extended fucking jokes (Read: NWN2) I'm going to gouge my damn eyes out (or chop off my ears, whatever).

Hopefully the style is just an indication to the dark nature of the RPG, rather than an indication that this will be nothing but an Action RPG.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Fenyx @ Aug 15 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully the style is just an indication to the dark nature of the RPG, rather than an indication that this will be nothing but an Action RPG.

I have full faith in Bioware.

I just refuse to believe that they'd make an RPG that doesn't have an epic, engaging storyline.
And they only reinforce this with things like the 6 different Origin stories or them saying the world is influenced by things like the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. Fuck, if they don't make an epic storyline, it'd be an insult to Martin.

You have to believe!

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
Ahahahahahahahahaha
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
This game looks so good. I just really hope itll run smoothly on my computer.

Caelumeg

Caelumeg
  • GA Private
  • 777 posts
Character creation is extremely impressive, it does seem to be Bioware's most intricate creation tool to date:

Video

PC system requirements:

Windows XP Minimum Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater / AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
RAM: 1GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater / NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater / AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater / NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Seems decent, high but not too crazy. Older computers can run it, maybe not on full settings though. 20 gbs though? Quite steep. (well it is a big game, supposed to be at least twice as big as Mass Effect ;o)

All character origins are now up on the website, with trailers for all. Check them out: Link

A taste of the voice over work in the game:

Video

Penny Arcade is doing a series of Dragon Age strips. The first page is already up: Link

Lastly, I don't know if this is actually the real intro cinematic for the game, but it still is the best trailer to date: Link

Edited by Caelumeg, 04 September 2009 - 01:28 PM.

OjKa

OjKa
  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • xfire:ojka
  • Interests:chill
  • Steam ID:fiddledaff@hotmail.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:OjKa
  • PSN:OjKa
I saw the gameplay video for this and pretty much killed my excitement
OjKa OjKa OjKa !

Alarim

Alarim
  • Members
  • 74 posts
Oh no, another one fooled by the trailers learned the truth! God damn it. I want to see the whiners when they buy DragonGodOfWarAge: Oribloodbloodgins and realize it's not a hack and slash game. icon_sad.gif
Watching the crushed hopes.. So much joy icon_smile.gif

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (Alarim @ Sep 11 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no, another one fooled by the trailers learned the truth! God damn it. I want to see the whiners when they buy DragonGodOfWarAge: Oribloodbloodgins and realize it's not a hack and slash game. icon_sad.gif

That reminds me of the never ending trail of 12 yo kids coming back to get a refund for halo wars.

OjKa

OjKa
  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • xfire:ojka
  • Interests:chill
  • Steam ID:fiddledaff@hotmail.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:OjKa
  • PSN:OjKa
QUOTE (Alarim @ Sep 11 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats wrong with hack and slash? This game could just as easily have been an action rpg rather than a turn based one, however Bioware stuck with turnbased.
Bioware may be the only company that can get away with this because they do it so well but as time is telling, turn based rpgs are on the downfall and action rpgs have definately taken to the top.

I don't understand why you had to of made such a dickish reply though
OjKa OjKa OjKa !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users