Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Interactive version of Full Micro Jacket

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

News

News
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Thanks to VideoClix and Xfire you can check out the new interactive version of Full Micro Jacket. We'd like to know what you guys think of the interactive video features. Please feel free to leave your feedback in the comments thread.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
First lol.

Uh, I think there are some mis-taggings in there.

Like, Pvt. JAck-O-Latern, that's forthex, and S1n would be cb_32.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
This is awesome! Hopefully when the PP dvds go Blu ray the PP crew will include features like this; on DVD's it's not possibly but with blu-ray it is.

StrikerZero

StrikerZero
  • Members
  • 818 posts
Jack-O-Latern ftw xD

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
  • xfire:reaper211
  • Interests:Games, lol
  • Steam ID:majortom26
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Weatherman1
  • Gamer Army ID:2238
  • Company:Kilo
late much?

amorpheous

amorpheous

The old-timer that just can't stay away.

• Retired Staff
  • 2,466 posts
  • xfire:amorpheous
  • Gamer Army ID:18
Ugh, "Gen. Douglas" was so not right for that role. He can't bellow like the original Sergeant from FMJ. Same goes for the privates tbh.

Great dialogue as always though. rofl @ "Private Myren" icon_biggrin.gif <3
(Fasc was here)
n00bschool Lesson #1 || n00bschool Lesson #2
Posting and you. || FAQ
QUOTE (EEDOK @ Apr 20 2007, 06:06 PM)
Also you are not your user id or your join date, you are not your post count, you are not your internet connection or your pc. Now start acting like it.

<+masslac> lol you fucking batshit insane bastard
< Femme> YOu know what I loved in avp?
< Femme> The fucking flying vagina alien thigns

Kadajiroth

Kadajiroth
  • GA Captain
  • 1,206 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3638
  • Company:Nu
QUOTE (Weiman @ Oct 25 2008, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First lol.

I was just about to mention that. I don't even know the guys personally, but I knew that was cb_32, not S1N.

Well done though, but not too good for a first time view (to all those who haven't seen it before), since it's too tempting to be clicking on stuff and I'd imagine it'd be distracting, haha.

kadajiroth_gasig15.png

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
how much time does it take to define the clickable boxes for each frame?

Fate

Fate

Best Gamer Army Contributor '07

• GA Lieutenant
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:FateIT
  • Interests:I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.<br />W.B. Yeats<br /><br />Go Delta Company! ;)
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fate IT
  • Gamer Army ID:1916
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Weiman @ Oct 24 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First lol.

Oh just fail. qftl

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
Yeah I knew something was wrong when my darling S1N wasn't actually in there. icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obidan

Obidan
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:gendan
  • Xbox / GFWL:obigandan13
QUOTE (Brenner @ Oct 25 2008, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also like to know the answer for that.
Awesome feature icon_biggrin.gif

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • xfire:diamondandy
  • Interests:Music, films, graphics and website design
I enjoyed it, made me smile first thing after a late night out icon_smile.gif
IPB Image

tankian

tankian
  • GA Private
  • 583 posts
  • xfire:Tankianfan
  • PSN:Tankian
  • Gamer Army ID:3496
  • Company:Bravo
nice, liked being able to see who was who, gave u a bit more of a behind the scenes look, and that "special envoy" in the background was interesting...

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (Brenner @ Oct 25 2008, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the video is done in flash -- so what they more then likely do is draw a mask around the object and then tween (animate) the mask to follow the object while it's still in frame. If you haven't noticed, when you click anywhere on the frame that isn't a specificed object a simple message about the "Gamer army" pops up -- meaning they don't have to mask everything in there, only the specific objects they want - which sounds fairly obvious but it saves a ton of time.

Now, since these masks are invisible they don't have to be perfect rotoscopes either, so they can do very simple tweens -- if the camera pans left the subject moves right, so the tween is simply keyframing between two points - the first and last - and the software fills in the rest.

For a single frame? Not very long. You just adjust the verticals of the mask; it's the action script of the video that defines the mask as a button which results in an action. Once you write that code it's a matter of copying and pasting it. If you've ever done lightsabers in an application like photoshop or After Effects you'll know how time staking rotoscoping can be - becuase you have to draw EXACT masks in much shorter keyframe intervals. Here as I mentioned the masks need not be so exact for simple objects - for more complex ones they may - unless they just draw a box around people or something similar.

So it ranges from either very quickly or quite a while; depending on the amount of effort you put into creating the mask. I know this is a long response, but I specialize in video composting so I thought I'd give you a heads up on what was going on behind the scenes to help answer your question. Making a video like this would actually be fairly simple assuming you know action script.

To make a long answer short: It depends really. Mostly on the complexity of the masks, but I'd say they're fairly simple.

-cb_32-

-cb_32-
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,861 posts
  • Interests:Skype: sweank
  • Xbox / GFWL:< PS3
  • PSN:cb_32
  • Gamer Army ID:2372
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (Weiman @ Oct 24 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First lol.

Word.
RIP: Troy Dixon

VideoClix

VideoClix
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Thanks LalaLand,
You're half right. here is the full explanation.

The segmentation and tracking is done with our software called VideoClix, in development since 1999.
It allows you to tag objects within video. Once tagged the tracking algorithms take over and track the object throughout the video.
This is what the authoring app looks like:

The Tracking algorithms track color, contour, texture and movement. Then with AI the results are combined to detect the object in each frame.
Then when the object is detected a primitive hotspot (simple shape) is created that best fits the shape of the object.
Here is a sample: (red is detection algorithm white is the vector based hotspot)

Then when all objects are tracked, info, fun facts, story line, bios, download links are entered into each object info panel through an online tool, which looks like this: http://www.videoclix...ent_campain.png

Then the video goes live and it can be embedded in any website. To answer the question how long... well, the tracking is real time. But it can be even shorter than real time if a technique like tweening, which you mentioned, is used. Basically the tracking system would track each 4th or 8th frame... then tween between the keyframes. The software then interpolates the rest of the hotspot positions.

For you guys wondering what tween means... it originates from the word "Between" keyframes.

I'll let the boys know about the cb_32 and S1N mis tags.
Hope you still enjoyed the video.
Cheers
--
The VideoClix team.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
Oh, neat, you guys developed your own software to do the tracking automatically. Pretty cool. Hypothetically it could do it manually as I described but that'd take a lot longer!

Just took a look at your SWF demonstration; looks like it works almost identically to the motion tracking in AE. Great stuff!

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Now I can see the names of the people not making me laugh...?

Zeos

Zeos
  • GA Private
  • 853 posts
  • xfire:zeosshadowsong
  • Interests:Dave.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Gay Niggas
  • PSN:BALLIN!
  • Wii:Dildo
  • Gamer Army ID:3639
  • Company:Echo
QUOTE (amorpheous @ Oct 24 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, "Gen. Douglas" was so not right for that role. He can't bellow like the original Sergeant from FMJ. Same goes for the privates tbh.

Great dialogue as always though. rofl @ "Private Myren" icon_biggrin.gif <3

I second this.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Shaun. @ Oct 26 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
burn.

Teehee. Well eh, nothing against GA or trying to live up to the original, but I just dont find it very humors which is clearly what it's trying to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users