Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, how about this financial chrisis then?

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (Sir_Slik @ Oct 9 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes theres corruption in politics but this isn't politics. These are CEO's and other executives that whined for us to bail them out of their stupid mistakes and then when we do they piss away the money and then the very next month ask for MORE money. I'm going to assume you dont pay taxes yet so you may not care, but for those that do its just outrageous and I have no doubt that many other companies that "needed a bailout" will piss away the money to the benefit of their executives. It's theft on an epic level.

Of course it's politics. How the fuck do you think they are getting the bailout in the first place? They are in bed with the government.
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Apr 23 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread delivers.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Shit's fucking collapsing.. Icesave just went down, and the goverenment here had to bail out Fortis..

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
If we fall, we are taking all of you with us
This thread delivers.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Oct 9 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya, I suppose 400,000 spa/resort stays are totally acceptable. I really wanted my tax dollars to go to those CEO's comfort... they've been trough a lot they have... millionaires toally have to be pampered at the tax payers expense every once in a while...

do you have any way to back up that it all went to the CEOs? it doesn't really matter as the government owns a controlling stake in the company.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Sir_Slik

Sir_Slik
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Dow just closed down 678 points... 2nd highest low closing point for the dow is 684 after 9/11. If the Dow dips into -800 tomorrow expect a world wide great depression. Joyous times we live in eh?
The lunacy of today is the genius of tomorrow.

R.I.P. Troy <3

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Chewing bubble gum and kicking ass... and I'm all outta gum!
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:3318
  • Company:Alpha
there must be some limitations to what the banks can do, like giving mortages away. The banks went crazy with mortages since there were "zero-down mortages" and stuff. Like how the hell is the economy going to survive if the banks lend out money? This crisis proves that banks cannot limit/regulate themselves, so therefore some government imposed regulations and limits, altough not many, should be created. i think we're on the same page aren't we?

Sir_Slik

Sir_Slik
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Also this crisis couldn't come at a worser time in the year. The holidays are coming and this is the time where businesses get the majority of their profits. Generally people watch the top dogs in a market to get an indication of how that market is doing. So if the Dow and other big players continue to tank people who have stocks in many other smaller companies and such will continue to sell. Many business will go down, people are then out of jobs. Holiday time comes and businesses are not prepared to take such a huge hit from the lack of people spending as they are out of jobs. This means more businesses go down and yet more people are out of jobs. This will continue to spiral and the further down you go, the quicker the ice the market is standing on melts. Banks close, people can't get money, more businesses close. Eventually entire markets seize up all together. This reverberates throughout the world causing the very same thing to happen to all country's markets. And just like that you have a world wide total economic collapse.
The lunacy of today is the genius of tomorrow.

R.I.P. Troy <3

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Oct 9 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
regulations are a big part of the reason this fuckup happened. The less regulated they are the better. The only thing that needs to be regulated is insuring that the consumer's rights are looked out for. Those rights being if you pay for something you get it.

The problem with our market (the US, I'm guessing urs was caused similarly) was that loans got too easy to get.

Freer Trade + Market = thx

I wasnt aware that your government had passed legislation forcing banks to give sub-prime loans! What the fuck were they thinking -.-

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
It is somewhat the peoples fault too for taking out fucking huge loans that they couldn't pay. but from my knowledge the US doesn't require much if any down payment so they are basically taking free money.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
Markets are dropping quite steadily now.

its going to be a long recovery.... if we recover.

QUOTE (Sethasstor @ Oct 9 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is somewhat the peoples fault too for taking out fucking huge loans that they couldn't pay. but from my knowledge the US doesn't require much if any down payment so they are basically taking free money.

It is not the peoples fault per say, more the Financial groups, giving out loans to people who don't even have the money to pay it back, and have no jobs. The Financial groups dont care though, because they are getting commission on their sale, and it only directly effects the banks and the people. But now they realize this isn't working and now everyone's covered in shit.

Now we have to bail them out of their retarded greedy schemes to make quick money.

In Canada you need 10-20% of a downpayment in order to even get your loan. This prevents all the sticky shit the Americans found themselves in over the course of 2008 and now.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
when did the "zero-down mortages" period start in canada? good thing that harper cancelled it.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (It's ME! @ Oct 9 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did the "zero-down mortages" period start in canada? good thing that harper cancelled it.

isnt happening in Canada. I think its 10% down.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 9 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
isnt happening in Canada. I think its 10% down.

i did happen, but it's not happening anymore. we were heading the same way the united states are. I live in Vancouver and housing prices went up because of the zero-down mortgages.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (It's ME! @ Oct 9 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i did happen, but it's not happening anymore. we were heading the same way the united states are. I live in Vancouver and housing prices went up because of the zero-down mortgages.

WTF, this is new to me. Sounds retarded.

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (It's ME! @ Oct 9 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not many places did it and there were certain factors you had to have. Certain credit rating, no bankruptcies had to prove they had a certain % of money in there bank account, had the same job for over 2 years. but on Oct 15 this will n longer be allowed in Canada.

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
This is what happens when we decide bunnies should be able to own homes.

VERBAL WARNING - NO RACISM IN MY SODDING THREAD RETARD! ~\/Ʀ52~
This thread delivers.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
QUOTE (Sethasstor @ Oct 9 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not many places did it and there were certain factors you had to have. Certain credit rating, no bankruptcies had to prove they had a certain % of money in there bank account, had the same job for over 2 years. but on Oct 15 this will n longer be allowed in Canada.

yea, i not sure exactly how it was, but people were getting zero-down mortages and stuff like down. There was a house-buying frenzy here in vancouver, and housing in vancouver has now become a money-killer. My mom pays $1400 for a two-bedroom 1000 sq foot aparment. the apartment building next door charges $2050 for something similar.

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (It's ME! @ Oct 9 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea, i not sure exactly how it was, but people were getting zero-down mortages and stuff like down. There was a house-buying frenzy here in vancouver, and housing in vancouver has now become a money-killer. My mom pays $1400 for a two-bedroom 1000 sq foot aparment. the apartment building next door charges $2050 for something similar.

AFAIK the only places in Canada that did it were ones backed by AIG

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
QUOTE (Sethasstor @ Oct 9 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFAIK the only places in Canada that did it were ones backed by AIG

i'll look into it.

Shaun.

Shaun.

Overall Best PP Contributor | MoTMJan08

• GA Corporal
  • 6,679 posts
  • Interests:Vidya, music, Marvel and frilly things.
  • Gamer Army ID:145
They spend over four grand... on GOLF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users