Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Former Best Friend

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Bauglir

Bauglir
  • Banned
  • 270 posts
Ever since the last few weeks of school last year my friend Zack has been my best friend since 5th grade. We hardly ever argued and we played tabletop RPGs and video games together frequently. Now he doesn't want to interact with me at all. His brother is still my friend, but he isn't.

Ever since last year he hasn't started a single conversation with me. This was very unlike him. According to his family he has been grumpy around the house lately, he also broke up with his long-time girlfriend not long ago for unspecified reasons. Whenever I bring anything up (usually music or anime, the two things that I'm really into at the moment), he just says how much it sucks without even really listening to me. The only reason this could be is that maybe he thinks that I am imposing my interests on him, but I'm not doing any more than simply having a conversation with my best friend.

He talks to my other friends (also his friends) quite frequently if my observations are correct. He blocked me on AIM and posted my AIM on /b/ as soon as he found out my username. This ended up being futile, all three of the trolls that attempted to spam me gave up.

So, my former best friend is being a douchebag. He won't speak with me and says that everything I like is stupid. He refuses to like music since "it's what everyone else likes". He's being a pretentious faggot.

I'd like to know what I should do if anything. He obviously doesn't want to talk to me. This is odd, since he's been my best friend for so long.

Caelumeg

Caelumeg
  • GA Private
  • 777 posts
  • xfire:AdeptEG
  • Gamer Army ID:2576
Did you shoot his mom or something?

Bauglir

Bauglir
  • Banned
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (Caelumeg @ Sep 14 2008, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you shoot his mom or something?

I did absolutely nothing negative to him at all.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
Find a new friend if he ain't talking to you.
Don't cry over it, he obviously doesn't want to hang out with you anymore.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Lol at 4chan..

Also, if he's being such a pretentious faggot. Punch the shit out of his face and tell him not to be such a fucking tool.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
Did you just enter highschool, do you talk about geeky stuff where ever you are despite the crowd around you.. are you the awkward kid?
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Caelumeg

Caelumeg
  • GA Private
  • 777 posts
  • xfire:AdeptEG
  • Gamer Army ID:2576
QUOTE (Bauglir @ Sep 14 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did absolutely nothing negative to him at all.

/shrug. Stalk him and find out he's stressed over his problems in funding his severe drug addiction. Or maybe it's PMS. Or adolescence. How old is he?

Srsly tho, most reasonable thing I can think of is talking to him. Corner him if he's trying to avoid conversation.

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,917 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
It seems to me that whatever lodged the cactus up his arse isn't your problem and you shouldn't try to remove it. You're still only young in regards to life - you're going to lose a shitload more friends then just him.

Think of it like this: For every one person who doesn't want to hang out with me - there is another potential 1,000. Eventually, you'll part ways at the end of high-school and you might move to continue with education or you could start working locally / not so locally.
The thing is you're going to meet more people. Eventually, he may decide to stop being such a cockstamp and try to apologize - and thats when you decide if he's worth your effort.

Hang around with your other friends, make new friends, keep doing what you're doing regardless with what anyone says about 'geek level'.
Eventually all those ball-tossing retards will drop out and you and your graduation peers will be tighter then roast chicken and Oprah.

tl;dr?
OP's former friend is clearly a cock and deserves to be all anti-social and lonely and shit. Mainly because he is infact, an emo anti-social dickhole. Moving on will make you the bigger man and by far, less stressed.

happy.gif

PS: If this 'anime' you speak of is something like Avatar or Naruto - you deserve the wrath of /b/tards. icon_wink.gif

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

President and C.E.O. of Beardtek Incorporated Australia, Pty. Ltd.

Vepr

Vepr
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,524 posts
  • xfire:Vespu
  • Interests:certified diving, ballroom, gaming, being UKRAINIAN!
  • Gamer Army ID:171
  • Company:Kilo
Personally if that was me..i'd be more like the guy when i see...i'd pretty much bum rush him against a locker and fucking demand and explanation and if he cant give me one i am gonna light his ass on fire with the lighter in me pocket. And if that doesnt suffice! I'll stuff him in a locker and see how embarrassed he gets. And if that doesnt coax him!! I'll torture him until the truth comes out, and once it does!!!! I'd give him a great big hug and call him me "teddy bear."

Bauglir

Bauglir
  • Banned
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (Tubby @ Sep 14 2008, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS: If this 'anime' you speak of is something like Avatar or Naruto - you deserve the wrath of /b/tards. icon_wink.gif

No sir, shounen is shit. See my avatar and signature for good anime.

QUOTE (MCClammer @ Sep 14 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you just enter highschool, do you talk about geeky stuff where ever you are despite the crowd around you.. are you the awkward kid?

Yes, I am in my sophomore year in high school. I do talk about geeky stuff occasionally, I try to keep it on the down-low if I'm not around people who appreciate such things, though. I hardly consider myself awkward, but I might be.

QUOTE (Caelumeg @ Sep 14 2008, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/shrug. Stalk him and find out he's stressed over his problems in funding his severe drug addiction. Or maybe it's PMS. Or adolescence. How old is he?

Srsly tho, most reasonable thing I can think of is talking to him. Corner him if he's trying to avoid conversation.

He's 15, he'll be 16 in October. I talked to his brother and he said that he'll talk to him about it, this is my best option at the moment since he refuses to talk to me.

I'm just going to stop trying to be a friend to him, he obviously doesn't want to hang out with me any longer. The only reason I should take him back as a friend is if he decides to apologize and stop being a tool.

TheBlackOut

TheBlackOut
  • GA Private
  • 4,612 posts
  • xfire:theblackout92
  • Steam ID:highbuzz
  • Gamer Army ID:1316
You did something to him while he was asleep drugged out, didn't you? Slumber party...! Rape.

Turkey Llama Confederation (WE MUST FIGHT TO PROTECT IT!)

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
QUOTE (Vepr @ Sep 14 2008, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally if that was me..i'd be more like the guy when i see...i'd pretty much bum rush him against a locker and fucking demand and explanation and if he cant give me one i am gonna light his ass on fire with the lighter in me pocket. And if that doesnt suffice! I'll stuff him in a locker and see how embarrassed he gets. And if that doesnt coax him!! I'll torture him until the truth comes out, and once it does!!!! I'd give him a great big hug and call him me "teddy bear."

I really wish you had the habit of getting drunk and saying funny stuff on the forums instead of saying me in place of my all the time. Further, I wonder how many times that fucked you over in English class..

Also, at Baug, fuck him. It can be tough to just cut your losses and get on with it but that's what you have to do sometimes.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Bauglir @ Sep 14 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to his family he has been grumpy around the house lately, he also broke up with his long-time girlfriend not long ago for unspecified reasons.

This kinda makes me think there might be something more to it, like he might be going through a bout of depression or something and is pushing away those closest to him and keeping only vague friends who aren't too close. Whatever it is though, it's his problem, he needs to sort himself out. If you know you haven't done anything to him, then don't be angry with him. He may just need time out to himself. But you know, if he ever comes up and starts talking to you again, listen to what he has to say. He might just have a damn good explanation as to why he shut himself off. Give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and be open to having a chat to him when he might be ready to.
My Blog - The Retro Cook

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,653 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
QUOTE (Bauglir @ Sep 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever since last year he hasn't started a single conversation with me. This was very unlike him. According to his family he has been grumpy around the house lately, he also broke up with his long-time girlfriend not long ago for unspecified reasons.
/snip/
I'd like to know what I should do if anything. He obviously doesn't want to talk to me. This is odd, since he's been my best friend for so long.

I like you. :]

I'm tempted to suggest taking the hippy melonqueen route for now.
It doesn't look like he's being a good friend and talking to his bro was prolly the best thing (unless his brother is a bully then he'll just ask if you're having a gay relationship with him, then punch him - and he'll end up hating you more).

Part of me thinks you're being fucked around and should stand your ground - but part of good friendship is being a punchbag now and again; your friendship should cushion the blow to a point.
Aggression can be the sign of trust and ... believe it or not 'affection'.
I'd say some of my most heated arguments/fights have been with best friends, hell I'd say things I'd never say to the average plum; when you get close you can cut a lot deeper with words.

You say he split from his girl, that can be hell depending on how he takes it.
I'd recommend backing off since you spoke to his bro. He knows you give a damn, but if he's pushing you off - praps he needs space to reaffirm his priorities.

Friends and family come first.

Alternatively, ignore all of that and beat his ass for being lame enough to post anything on /b/ let alone your AIM.

UUr16xn.png
I don't need tattoos to look hard. I AM hard.

teh_pwnidus

teh_pwnidus
  • Members
  • 563 posts
  • xfire:Unidus82
  • Xbox / GFWL:T
  • PSN:F
  • Wii:W
He is just Emoing about his ex GF. She might have blamed you as a reason she wanted to break up with him.
Come to Texas. It is full of pr0s.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
You're olm8 souds like a mad kent.

Mares

Mares

Best Avatar 08

• GA Private
  • 3,151 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3456
1. go ask an explination

2. kick his ass

3. find new friends

4. post his stuff on /b/

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
If you were talking to me about Spice and Wolf all the time I'd be ignoring you too tbh. Just go up to him and ask him what the fuck his deal is, use those words. Then if he is still being a dick, start putting anime stickers all over his locker.
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

MasterEvz

MasterEvz
  • Members
  • 1,667 posts
  • xfire:MasterEvz
  • Interests:Gaming, Movies and Music.
  • Steam ID:MasterEvz
  • Xbox / GFWL:MasterEvz
  • PSN:Evz313
Happened to me once at like the start of high school year, we got into different high schools, he started hating me and got some of my old good friends to kind of hate me too, until like in one night he was dissing me on msn and shit and i told him "What the fuck man, you changed, what the fuck happened to you?" logged off and like 1 week later he called me on my phone in the middle of school asking me whats up and in my mind i was like what the fuck, but i just chatted to him and we became good friends again icon_razz.gif, so yeah best thing is ask him what the fucks up and if he walks away grab him and ask him again.

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Shovel + head = endstory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users