Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XP Desktop Not Loading

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LightningMunk

LightningMunk
  • GA Private
  • 508 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4108
hey everyone, just had a computer problem lately thats been annoying and i could not fix it...hence why i turn to my fellow PP members icon_razz.gif

well what happens is ill boot up the computer, and i will click my user name (only one) to go onto my desktop, and then nothing shows but my wallpaper (Gamer Army!!!), so ill restart, and sometimes it will do that again otherwise it loads the desktop and freezes within a couple of seconds (cant even load the task manager)

i think this might be related to another problem i've been having, usually occurs later on at nite (right now haha), that Windows will only allow me open so many windows at a time, like then it won't let me load Steam, and pretty soon only open so many tabs on the internet, and so forth until theres only a real limited windows open like....2 or 3

so any help would be greatly appreciatd, its a miracle for some reason im on right now hahaha so have to take the opportunity to post icon_razz.gif
Jeremy: Turns out, they don't care if a guy plays games...they only care that he pwns...

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
see if the problem occurrs in safe mode

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Aztec

Aztec
  • Members
  • 74 posts
I had a problem like this. As soon as you log on, open the task manager and quickly end explorer.exe

Then run it again. You need to be REALLY fast though.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (LightningMunk @ Sep 14 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey everyone, just had a computer problem lately thats been annoying and i could not fix it...hence why i turn to my fellow PP members icon_razz.gif

well what happens is ill boot up the computer, and i will click my user name (only one) to go onto my desktop, and then nothing shows but my wallpaper (Gamer Army!!!), so ill restart, and sometimes it will do that again otherwise it loads the desktop and freezes within a couple of seconds (cant even load the task manager)

i think this might be related to another problem i've been having, usually occurs later on at nite (right now haha), that Windows will only allow me open so many windows at a time, like then it won't let me load Steam, and pretty soon only open so many tabs on the internet, and so forth until theres only a real limited windows open like....2 or 3

so any help would be greatly appreciatd, its a miracle for some reason im on right now hahaha so have to take the opportunity to post icon_razz.gif

try pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE when it locks up like that, then choose Task Manager.

It worked for me once or twice.

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
Reboot, keep hitting F8, go into Safe Mode (Ignore other ones)

If you successfully boot, hit WINDOWS KEY + R, then type

msconfig

Go to Startup, and un-check everything there, reboot.

If it solves the problem, post back, we can continue from there =)

LightningMunk

LightningMunk
  • GA Private
  • 508 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4108
i did the unchecking thing, even my techy bro suggested it, but w/e i did it works now icon_razz.gif thanx for teh repliez
Jeremy: Turns out, they don't care if a guy plays games...they only care that he pwns...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users