Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[360] Dead Or Alive 4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

The Red Baron

The Red Baron
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:XxBillybabxX
(Don't take this TOO seriously, this is just my opinion on it)

So, I'm here to talk about Dead Or Alive 4. I can sum it up in one word: Hard. The graphics are good, but the 360 doesn't really show any cool graphics. It still looks like DOA 2 Ultimate and I know everyone who is a DOA fan, sometimes only care about the chicks and their breasts, but if you look past that, you'll realize that the graphics are "Meh". The graphics are fine, but it can do better.
8/10

Next is the Game play and the boss. This is the biggest problem in the game, sure the fighting is good and the combos are cool, but the enemy AI is just broken. When you get to round 4, You just get killed in a minute by the computer when they counter constantly. You can do at least two combos and get them down to half health, but when they get to half health, they just start to counter which is ridiculous. Next is the boss Alpha-152 (I think that's the name). She is just a boss you can't beat until the 20th time you retry and her combos are just unrealistic and her grabs are just stupid. When you try to kick her or pull off a combo, she does this retarded shot to the face thing or this neck break push thing, Which can kill you when you have half your health. Her teleporting thing is just the stupidest thing ever. If you get knocked back and you try to charge at here or your pulling off a combo, she just teleports and you get your ass handed to you. In conclusion, the game play's not bad, but if you get angry easily for losing a bunch of times against Alpha or anyone for that matter, I suggest just renting it. I forgot to mention what the online play is. It's pretty good because there are some people on Xbox Live who have the same experience as you do. They aren't like the computer AI where all they do is counter.
6/10

The sound is okay, but they sound like the hits in DOA 2 Ultimate which is reused. The voices in the game are good, especially Nicole's voice because it's English which is pretty cool unlike the other characters who talk Japanese. that's the only thing that confuses me, if Nicole talks English, Why doesn't Tina or Bass talk English, They just talk Japanese which is pretty messed up. Overall, the sound and voice acting are good.
8/10

How much would the game cost?

Well, if you feel like buying the game, I suggest you get at Wal-Mart (I got mine at Wal-Mart for 20 bucks) or get it at Gamestop. The overall price would be around 15 to 25 bucks.

In conclusion, DOA 4 is not bad, but the Story Mode and Time Attack are just frustrating and can piss you off easily. The online is good, graphics are "Meh" and the sound is okay. I recommend getting the game for a cheap price at Gamestop. If you already have this game and unlocked everything, I suggest trading it in with other games to get Virtua Fighter 5 or at least Soul Caliber 4.

Overall Rating: 8/10.

Edited by The Colonel, 06 August 2009 - 10:52 PM.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
*ahem* Read

I find your gameplay section of your review to be a little ridiculous. I mean sure Alpha 152 is a little hectic when it comes to difficulty, but why would you dock the gameplay mark so much because of it? That's such a small part of the game tbh.

Online play is where its at, and this game takes skill. The combat is fluid and solid. This game is a 9.0+ at least. (I gave it a 9.5)

The Red Baron

The Red Baron
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:XxBillybabxX

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
Yay for judging a fighting game by it's single player.

zZz ...

Terrodar

Terrodar
  • GA Private
  • 160 posts
  • xfire:uberterro
  • Xbox / GFWL:Terrodar
  • Gamer Army ID:3989
Online is where its at. Seriously. Try it.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Play online, it's seriously all I would judge the game on. Though with that said, it aint as good as SF3S or IV.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Aug 28 2008, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*ahem* Read
Online play is where its at, and this game takes skill. The combat is fluid and solid. This game is a 9.0+ at least. (I gave it a 9.5)

QUOTE (Hellswarm @ Sep 19 2008, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay for judging a fighting game by it's single player.

zZz ...

QUOTE (Terrodar @ Sep 19 2008, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Online is where its at. Seriously. Try it.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Sep 28 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'd like to hear about how the online gameplay goes.

QUOTE (Tree_ @ Sep 29 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Play online, it's seriously all I would judge the game on. Though with that said, it aint as good as SF3S or IV.

Agreed

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Bouncing boobies are fun.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Sep 30 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bouncing boobies are fun.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users