Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mount&Blade

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Plebian

Plebian
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:Largeboot
  • Xbox / GFWL:Jsanghieli
Try this shit out

It's like somone took Sid Meiers Pirates, slapped Rome:Total War and a Medieval setting onto it, and called it a day. It's still in beta, but version 1.0 will be out some time in september. The modding community is VERY active.

Game in action

I have been playing it for over a year, and I have not gotten bored of it yet.

More gameplay. (VERY outdated version)
Get the park out of my store.

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Yea this is a pretty sick game. Very impressive for such a small independent dev team. There is a pretty cool Thermopylae out there that is a ton of fun for it too.
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Apr 23 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread delivers.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
Mount and Blade players?!

In my pp forums?!

What is this madness.

Seriously though awesome game.. I picked it up again recently and ive been loving the changes they've made though I still wish the world could be just a little bit bigger.. also for a few more options of things to do in regards to permanently killing or removing opposing lords.

/also id like to see a little bit more gratitude from kings. I mean I put valdym ON the vaegir throne... I conquered virtually half the entire known world minus swadia in his name.. and all id wanted was alburq castle and the town of wercheg.. but obviously that was too much to ask for.. though its all good now.. one renounced oath to valdym and one new allegiance to lady isolla of suno and im leading the fight against the very same lords who have been my closest allies throughout this game.

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Mkoll

Mkoll
  • Members
  • 2,609 posts
  • xfire:huor666
Mount&Blade = win.

I helped that suno chick take swadia but I couldn't get more lords, so I just conquered the fuckers.

It's satisfying seeing the message "Faction Swadia has been eliminated"
Give up all you suckers we the tightest muthafuckas And you never seen us talking shit before now

You peelin' potatoes while we sonic alligators
Makin' records sellin' like we smokin' crack now

'Joe' -'what now'?
'We bad.' -'Bad how'?
'We make a track to shake a cow
and move you like you startin something nasty?

'And then' -What then?
'We do it again, don?t make no money for us to spend
on yachts and boats and planes and drugs and scooters?

- Hot Chip

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
Uber Necro

So I just downloaded the Lords and Realms module to try it out and I have to say my love for the game has really been refreshed. It's just a few small changes but it's made it quite an enjoyable experience all over again.

The fact that I can split off and make my own empire as well finally is a huge bonus.

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

SorrowNight

SorrowNight
  • Banned
  • 1,609 posts
  • xfire:Sorrownite
Looked pretty interesting, I might get this game.

How are the items like? I always like playing single-player RPGs like these when there are a ton of nice items to be collected.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (SorrowNight @ Mar 27 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looked pretty interesting, I might get this game.

How are the items like? I always like playing single-player RPGs like these when there are a ton of nice items to be collected.

there are no items to collect. you're mounted on an armored horse and bashing people in the face with a sledgehammer. really no use for items there if you asked me.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
I mean, there's "better" items and stuff you can find, but you don't "collect" stuff. You sell whatever you had if your new shit is better, that's it.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

SorrowNight

SorrowNight
  • Banned
  • 1,609 posts
  • xfire:Sorrownite
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 27 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there are no items to collect. you're mounted on an armored horse and bashing people in the face with a sledgehammer. really no use for items there if you asked me.

Lol, same idea for a ton of games that have a huge item database/drop system. You're simply "whirlwinding" as a Barbarian in D2, doesn't mean he can't have some nice items while he does it. Rather than a generic (insert item class here).

QUOTE (KazzWombat @ Mar 27 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean, there's "better" items and stuff you can find, but you don't "collect" stuff. You sell whatever you had if your new shit is better, that's it.

Eh, kind of disappointing to hear that. But, if I've got time I'll check it out anyways.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I agree with Sorrownight, I like displaying the bad-ass looking items I find in game. (Oblivion? My house in Skingrad was full of amazing win things. From the head of a Druegh, to other really amazing shit.[Thank you mod community]).

I might have to try this game, sounds like a better version of dynasty warriors.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 29 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might have to try this game, sounds like a better version of dynasty warriors.

No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying somethin' like that, man.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Nothing is better than Dynasty Warriors.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Alarim

Alarim
  • Members
  • 74 posts
This shit rules.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
This game is amazing, i played it ages, i stopped playing it, and recently t started playing it again and it is so fun, i downloaded the Britain mod for it as well which is fun charging around on a horse with English crusaders by your side icon_razz.gif There is a new version coming out in September, it will add better rendering, Multilayer mode, and some more things which i cant remember icon_razz.gif

Alarim

Alarim
  • Members
  • 74 posts
I play Expanded Gameplay III and Blue&Grey(American civil war mod, not really finished yet icon_smile.gif )

It's awesome

w33nie

w33nie
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Have they fixed the team AI at all? I remember last year, they would stand outside the castles, shoot arrows and then do nothing. They couldn't get in!

internettoughguy

internettoughguy
  • Members
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (w33nie @ Jul 14 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have they fixed the team AI at all? I remember last year, they would stand outside the castles, shoot arrows and then do nothing. They couldn't get in!

I've never experienced that problem, so it's probably fixed. Great game although I hate tournaments when I spawn as foot archer...lol

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
I had never heard of this game before this thursday (5 days ago.) While I was browsing games on steam I saw this one and tought "wtf is mount and blade??" Dled the demo, imidietly bought it and have played it non-stop whenever I have time since :/

internettoughguy

internettoughguy
  • Members
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Jul 20 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had never heard of this game before this thursday (5 days ago.) While I was browsing games on steam I saw this one and tought "wtf is mount and blade??" Dled the demo, imidietly bought it and have played it non-stop whenever I have time since :/

Hah yeah that happened to me too except it was a video I saw on Youtube. icon_smile.gif

ZeeSniper

ZeeSniper
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • xfire:zeesniper
All i can say is, M&B Warband can't come out soon enough

M&B Multiplayer...tons of potential there.
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users