Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Runescape thread

• Please log in to reply
1414 replies to this topic

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
After the enormous amount of silly Runescape threads on these forums, and the flames following them, I've decided to make this sticky thread, where you can post mature arguments for and against playing Runescape. The words "gay", "shit" and "noob" with their variations are banned from the thread.

The thread will be stickied for a while at least. I locked a few other unmature RuneScape threads, but I didn't lock the 10-page one, considering it's length, and the fact that it has some interesting content.

killdoc

killdoc
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:games..paintball..biking
ZOMG Runscape!@?!!21!!1!! crank dat sh^&

1st post!

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
  • xfire:TwiZtiDJuggal0
  • Interests:watching you get clowned
he said mature you idiot
IPB Image

killdoc

killdoc
  • Members
  • 50 posts
Bump dat mayn i own j00

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
lol you obviously have no life,170 hours ona game huh,hmm teens with no lives, for sumone to flame sumones game preference if pretty childish to me

so id sdfu and let people have there fun with there game like you have with yours, noob

gg
IPB Image

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
I personally loathe RuneScape just from what I've seen of it, I hate mindless levelling and grinding. But that is my personal opinion, which I'm going to test within the near future by actually trying the game, but considering I didn't like World of Warcraft, Knight Online, EverQuest or Anarchy Online.

As I said, I've tried Knight Online, and all I'm going to say is that it is a grindfest with quite ugly 3D graphics. I fail to see the large difference from RuneScape.

killdoc

killdoc
  • Members
  • 50 posts
6th post W()()T
i pwn j00s als

master_micro

master_micro
  • Members
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:yu lol nub
Played it many years back, got bored, starting playing less and less until I stopped playing, then eventually I hated the game.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
QUOTE (killdoc)
i used to play its an addictive game but it just gets old and boaring

Thank you! You've just taken your first step towards constructive criticism.

CKY

CKY

TS Awards 2006: Best Accent

• Members
  • 2,911 posts
  • xfire:xcampxkillxyourselfx
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing Guitar, Music
  • Wii:3542579502046889
I used to play RuneScape a few months back, I had played it for over a year.. got to level 85, with 83 fishing and most of the quests (including Legends) completed. It doesn't have the best graphics in the world, but who cares about graphics? It's a very addictive game and it's free. icon_biggrin.gif

You receive loot: [Gestapo Stick].

|<i114|-|

|<i114|-|
  • Members
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:pwning
Runescape is gay shit noob!11!

How can I be the first person to post something as witty as that? You all knew it was coming, it was just a matter of time. Seriously though, runescape never looked like anything particularly spectacular - it's very dull looking and adds little to the monotinous level grind that all MMO's turn into eventually. However, i've got a lot of respect for a game that can run in your browser, so kudo's to them for making something you can play at school. Personally i've always liked Adventure Quest more, it's a better extension of the idea, even if it isn't really an MMO.
user posted image

Rogue
\/

O
|\__O <Non Rogue
|\|\ |\

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
the reason no said anything "witty" like you is cause the mod said not to, 1337 retard, stick that in your hard drive and smoke it
IPB Image

XxnickpwnsxX

XxnickpwnsxX

teh_haxerer

• Members
  • 1,380 posts
  • xfire:XxnickpwnsxX
  • Interests:Gaming.
  • Wii:1022457914764821
i used to play runescape got to lvl 95 then quit, y? i got WoW and a shit load of games its addicting but man, the graphics due suck (slaps myslef) but its $5 a month for members and the community sucks leet speakers and u afk train u click once to attack thats it how boring but and they enforce to many rules no website advertising swearing blah blah blah i got banned for a week for telling a kid my clan website and a noob reported me

shortbuscraig

shortbuscraig
  • Members
  • 510 posts
QUOTE (Fps Nick)
i used to play runescape got to lvl 95 then quit, y? i got WoW and a shit load of games its addicting but man, the graphics due suck (slaps myslef) but its $5 a month for members and the community sucks leet speakers and u afk train u click once to attack thats it how boring but and they enforce to many rules no website advertising swearing blah blah blah i got banned for a week for telling a kid my clan website and a noob reported me

holy run on sentence batman. don't they teach some grammar in elementary school?

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
ok for you grammar nazis since your so smart when you read why dont you insert the periods your self you know where they go right???
IPB Image

Meshuggah

Meshuggah
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • xfire:meshuggah1166
I played it. For about an hour. Then I quit. Why? It was too reminiscent of old Sega Genesis/Nintendo(Teh original...) games such at the original Zelda, Paperboy, etc. Besides, why not just spend the $20 and pick up a Diablo II or something?
QUOTE (Orky @ Jul 18 2006, 08:13 AM) View Post
Remember that "invention" thread and I said I'd have every monitor installed with a secret fist in the monitor that would shatter it to pieces when it flew out and knocked the kid in the face?

...Here's me wishing I patented it just a bit earlier before you bought your monitor.

master_micro

master_micro
  • Members
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:yu lol nub
holy run on sentence batman. don't they teach some grammar in elementary school?

You forgot a comma or two and some capitals. Hypocrite.

CKY

CKY

TS Awards 2006: Best Accent

• Members
  • 2,911 posts
  • xfire:xcampxkillxyourselfx
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing Guitar, Music
  • Wii:3542579502046889
...This is a RuneScape thread, not a grammar thread...

You receive loot: [Gestapo Stick].

shortbuscraig

shortbuscraig
  • Members
  • 510 posts
QUOTE (T w i Z t i D)
ok for you grammar nazis since your so smart when you read why dont you insert the periods your self you know where they go right???

i should not have to edit someones post if they are unable of making something coherent.

vermilion

vermilion
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:computer :P
QUOTE (Hrugnir)
After the enormous amount of silly Runescape threads on these forums, and the flames following them, I've decided to make this sticky thread, where you can post mature arguments for and against playing Runescape. The words "gay", "shit" and "noob" with their variations are banned from the thread.

The thread will be stickied for a while at least. I locked a few other unmature RuneScape threads, but I didn't lock the 10-page one, considering it's length, and the fact that it has some interesting content.

rofl, why is the word n00b banned??? its like the most popular word in Pure Pwnage!!!!!!!1
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users