Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pure Pwnage at the 2008 Toronto Fan Expo!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
  • xfire:mixtape69
  • Interests:fps,rts
  • Steam ID:mixtape69
  • Xbox / GFWL:Biirdeh
  • PSN:.
  • Wii:.
  • Gamer Army ID:2080
Maybe a PP Halo 3 Tournament?

Uberman - SpecOps Kerrigan

• GA Major
  • 1,245 posts
  • xfire:shtinker69
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage
  • Steam ID:shtinker69
  • Xbox / GFWL:VESL Uberman
  • PSN:VESL_Uberman
  • Wii:6293431832742578
  • Gamer Army ID:376
  • Company:Charlie
QUOTE (Gillz @ Aug 16 2008, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any MLG or WCG events going on there this year?

Yea man, the MLG Pro Circuit is hitting Toronto.

http://www.mlgcanada...content/view/33

Come stop by the MLG area and say hi! icon_smile.gif It's going to be pretty ridiculous, hundreds of teams, etc.
www.FragForCancer.ca
Founder of the Provision to Protect Pronobozo's Physiognomy - Survivor of the "Stockade"

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
QUOTE (Special Ops Kerrigan @ Aug 16 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea man, the MLG Pro Circuit is hitting Toronto.

http://www.mlgcanada.com/content/view/33

Come stop by the MLG area and say hi! icon_smile.gif It's going to be pretty ridiculous, hundreds of teams, etc.

Halo, GOW, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

Ugggg, I wouldn't know what to make fun of first. The completely arrogant players, or the boring and shit-tacular gameplay of slow-moving characters in an obviously shit game.

• GA Major
  • 1,245 posts
QUOTE (Gillz @ Aug 16 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Halo, GOW, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

Ugggg, I wouldn't know what to make fun of first. The completely arrogant players, or the boring and shit-tacular gameplay of slow-moving characters in an obviously shit game.

Umm, you have to remember... this IS MLG, not PC league. and COD4 is broken for LAN on 360, so pretty much you end up with Halo and GOW, with RB6V2 tagging along.

As much as us PC folk think Halo is a joke, some of these guys are pretty ridiculous. Go watch the ESPN Top 10 players on MLG Pro, they are crazy.
www.FragForCancer.ca
Founder of the Provision to Protect Pronobozo's Physiognomy - Survivor of the "Stockade"

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
Yeah, we should get together for the finals and hype it.

Or not hype it at all icon_razz.gif

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

S1N

S1N
  • GA Master Sergeant
  • 737 posts
  • xfire:ghostlysilence
  • Interests:I'm a LARPer and I'm proud of it.
  • Steam ID:shirotakaro
  • Xbox / GFWL:CHAOSEVEN
  • Wii:7983133707186099
  • Gamer Army ID:4521
  • Company:Bravo
I wanna go, so I may stop by. Anyone else wanna hang out that day?

• GA Major
  • 1,245 posts
QUOTE (S1N @ Aug 17 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanna go, so I may stop by. Anyone else wanna hang out that day?

Srsly, shoot me an email or gimme a call all through the weekend. I will be there.
www.FragForCancer.ca

Revelstoke

Revelstoke
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,515 posts
  • xfire:revelstoke
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage (been to all the releases), overclocking, and PC gaming.
  • Wii:4422074853482481
  • Gamer Army ID:622
daniel i might go with you.

evan lets meet up as well

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
So, any news on any gaming that will be going on at Fan Expo that isn't MLG?

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

3xp0sed

3xp0sed
  • Members
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:ur mum
aww.. lucky canadians

"Boomshakalakalaka"

9mmCensor

9mmCensor
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • xfire:9mmCensor
Sweet, I will probably show up.

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
  • xfire:mixtape69
  • Interests:fps,rts
  • Steam ID:mixtape69
  • Xbox / GFWL:Biirdeh
  • PSN:.
  • Wii:.
  • Gamer Army ID:2080
Look for Team Fearful X. My team might play.

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
QUOTE (Anth0ny @ Aug 19 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, any news on any gaming that will be going on at Fan Expo that isn't MLG?

Maybe we can see anime Chinese MMO games, or maybe Pool, or maybe some mobile cell phone racing games...

That's all assuming Playskool E-sports WCG is going to be there.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
QUOTE (Gillz @ Aug 21 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we can see anime Chinese MMO games, or maybe Pool, or maybe some mobile cell phone racing games...

That's all assuming Playskool E-sports WCG is going to be there.

Damn, they've got it all! I'm competely satisfied.

facepalm.jpg

Tocom

Tocom
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tocom
I was going to go for MLG there but I couldn't get the money to get there. Hope it's sick!
QUOTE (Special Ops Kerrigan @ Aug 16 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm, you have to remember... this IS MLG, not PC league. and COD4 is broken for LAN on 360, so pretty much you end up with Halo and GOW, with RB6V2 tagging along.

As much as us PC folk think Halo is a joke, some of these guys are pretty ridiculous. Go watch the ESPN Top 10 players on MLG Pro, they are crazy.

Like he said, consoles have a different pace. While I feel that all 3 of those games are broken and lack competitive merit compared to what used to be on the circuit (Melee, Halo 1 &2, and Shadowrun) There are players that show why those games are suitable for competitive play. The Top 10 is a joke, most of those players are randoms who got lucky MM clips. Most of the good stuff comes from watching the live stream. Which by the way is not boring at all. PC gamers are just used to a different (faster) type of game. IMO both types are competitive and very fun to watch. Also, not every player is arrogent. However now that Halo 3 is on the circuit most of the 04-06 players have left the game leaving only the new breed of noobs who play MLG because they think it is the cool thing to do.

S1N

S1N
  • GA Master Sergeant
  • 737 posts
  • xfire:ghostlysilence
  • Interests:I'm a LARPer and I'm proud of it.
  • Steam ID:shirotakaro
  • Xbox / GFWL:CHAOSEVEN
  • Wii:7983133707186099
  • Gamer Army ID:4521
I'll be there for Saturday, as I work Friday and Sunday. Ill try and stick around, depends on what's going on/how many pretty women I see.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
I'll be there tomorrow at noonish. Lookin forward to it!

valgear

valgear
  • GA Private
  • 2,011 posts
  • xfire:GodOfPwnage
  • Interests:Gaming, building computers, working on computers, PP, all teh mods &lt;3
  • Xbox / GFWL:valgear
  • PSN:valgear
  • Wii:6735537814589178
  • Gamer Army ID:111
Today was amazing, going to be there tomorrow as well.
--Last.fm--Facebook--Twitter--

I'm Done *Covers Face*

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
That was too good. I was absolutely wrecking the two Brawl stations on the last day. I finally got used to the FUCKING AWFUL Wiimote only control scheme and schooled every challenger. I gave up the controller when a 4 year old girl came up to me and asked if she could play with her 6 year old brother. Ain't I a nice guy? icon_biggrin.gif

That was the Nintendo booth. I brought two Gamecube controllers, hoping they would let me hook them up. Like the assholes they are, they didn't let me. Hell, they made me put the fucking strap on every game. SMASH BROS. I NEED THE STRAP ON. GOD DAMN IT FUCK YOU RETARDS I'M NOT GONNA THROW MY FUCKING CONTROLLER INTO THE SCREEN.

Now, I went over the the Brawl setup at the Amp tent. These guys were cool. They actually let me hook up my controllers! So I pwned everyone there, and I actually recognized some tourneyfags, so I actually got some good practice out of it.

I picked up too much shit from the dealers. I wanted to pick up a MGS art book...but they were $70 each. FUCK. I wanted to pull the trigger, but at the same time, I didn't. That's a lot for a BOOK.

Talking to Jarett was awesome. Starcraft II, Megaman 9, Nintendo's E3 Press Conference...too good and too funny icon_razz.gif All in all, it was a freaking AWESOME time.

Tocom

Tocom
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tocom
QUOTE (Anth0ny @ Aug 25 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was too good. I was absolutely wrecking the two Brawl stations on the last day. I finally got used to the FUCKING AWFUL Wiimote only control scheme and schooled every challenger. I gave up the controller when a 4 year old girl came up to me and asked if she could play with her 6 year old brother. Ain't I a nice guy? icon_biggrin.gif

That was the Nintendo booth. I brought two Gamecube controllers, hoping they would let me hook them up. Like the assholes they are, they didn't let me. Hell, they made me put the fucking strap on every game. SMASH BROS. I NEED THE STRAP ON. GOD DAMN IT FUCK YOU RETARDS I'M NOT GONNA THROW MY FUCKING CONTROLLER INTO THE SCREEN.

Now, I went over the the Brawl setup at the Amp tent. These guys were cool. They actually let me hook up my controllers! So I pwned everyone there, and I actually recognized some tourneyfags, so I actually got some good practice out of it.

I picked up too much shit from the dealers. I wanted to pick up a MGS art book...but they were $70 each. FUCK. I wanted to pull the trigger, but at the same time, I didn't. That's a lot for a BOOK.

Talking to Jarett was awesome. Starcraft II, Megaman 9, Nintendo's E3 Press Conference...too good and too funny icon_razz.gif All in all, it was a freaking AWESOME time.

Sounds sick man, I love the fact that Jarett is an actual REAL gamer and not some random riding the dick of internet videos. I can't wait until PP comes somewhere near me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users