Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

100$ And need a game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Lunask

Lunask
  • Members
  • 437 posts
  • xfire:lunask321
I recently got a new computer icon_biggrin.gif Yay. And a few months ago I broke my ipod and sent it back to bestbuy and I got a 250$ gift card. But I can only use 100$, cause my parents are gonna use the rest to buy something....

Anyways, I need a game, or 2 depending on how much it costs. I know for sure, I'm getting Crysis. So just throw me some ideas, no rts, or mmo's please.
(Don't say save it either, I have my reasons)

Thanks~

Games I Have:
TF2
CS1.6, CS:S
Q3
Some other games to lazy to list

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • xfire:Hasjustbeenpwnd
  • Interests:games, computers and bitches
Crysis *nods head disapprovingly* CoD4.

Drath

Drath
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • xfire:Siltrus
Unreal deal pack off steam? thats like $60 and you get like 5 games. now thats good considering for 1 game here it costs about $100
Painkiller was the best $10 i spent (the steam one) probably better if you get it in a case but its VERY FUN.
CoD4 is a good investment (over 400 hours multiplayer for me)

Did you buy TF2 buy itself? if so portal is a good 2 hours and half life 2 (including episodes) will give you around 60 hours MAX

Lunask

Lunask
  • Members
  • 437 posts
Maybe I should list all the games I have.

The Orange Box
CNC3
Q3
CS 1.6
CS:S
BF2
Q4
UT2004
CNC ZH
WoW
CoD4 (Probably the most boring game I've played in a while.)

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
QUOTE (Drath @ Jul 24 2008, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unreal deal pack off steam? thats like $60 and you get like 5 games. now thats good considering for 1 game here it costs about $100
Painkiller was the best $10 i spent (the steam one) probably better if you get it in a case but its VERY FUN.
CoD4 is a good investment (over 400 hours multiplayer for me)

Did you buy TF2 buy itself? if so portal is a good 2 hours and half life 2 (including episodes) will give you around 60 hours MAX

he has to buy it at bestbuy.

get bioshock if you haven't played it.

Lunask

Lunask
  • Members
  • 437 posts
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Jul 24 2008, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he has to buy it at bestbuy.

get bioshock if you haven't played it.

I tried out playing bioshock at a friends house, really did not enjoy it.

I was planning on getting UT3 or Gears of war for the pc, but those are both dead online.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Lunask @ Jul 24 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was planning on getting UT3 or Gears of war for the pc, but those are both dead online.

Are you sure? Windows live Gold accounts are now free for PC so in GoW, you'll be able to play against the 360 people. Or at least that's what I've heard... I guess I COULD reinstall GoW and find out for you buuutt... I'm lazy.

Lunask

Lunask
  • Members
  • 437 posts
QUOTE (Andrack @ Jul 24 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure? Windows live Gold accounts are now free for PC so in GoW, you'll be able to play against the 360 people. Or at least that's what I've heard... I guess I COULD reinstall GoW and find out for you buuutt... I'm lazy.

Aww pwease. icon_biggrin.gif
Install it and find out for me~

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
*sighs* fine... gimme a sec...

Edit: Ok, it did allow me to play on the Gold Servers but I can't tell how big the community is. There were about 15 total active servers in the list play section, I think... They all seemed fairly full.

What I do know is that everyone is now way better than me at GoW. I hate it when people run right up to you and shoot you with the shotgun and make you explode. icon_sad.gif

Lunask

Lunask
  • Members
  • 437 posts
QUOTE (Andrack @ Jul 24 2008, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sighs* fine... gimme a sec...

Edit: Ok, it did allow me to play on the Gold Servers but I can't tell how big the community is. There were about 15 total active servers in the list play section, I think... They all seemed fairly full.

What I do know is that everyone is now way better than me at GoW. I hate it when people run right up to you and shoot you with the shotgun and make you explode. icon_sad.gif

Thanks a lot. icon_biggrin.gif
I also read that there is now cross platform, could you tell if anyone was playing on the 360?

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
QUOTE (Lunask @ Jul 24 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot. icon_biggrin.gif
I also read that there is now cross platform, could you tell if anyone was playing on the 360?

No, but supposedly, that is the point of having a Gold account. They don't provide any means of telling who's playing on what. :/

Slilent

Slilent
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 1,488 posts
  • xfire:NA
  • Interests:I have none
  • Steam ID:NA
  • Xbox / GFWL:NA
  • PSN:NA
  • Wii:NA
  • Gamer Army ID:2502
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Andrack @ Jul 24 2008, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, but supposedly, that is the point of having a Gold account. They don't provide any means of telling who's playing on what. :/

yea im intrested in see what happens now that GOW for PC is free it prolly wont go far but worth the hopeing

BRUSKO

BRUSKO
  • Members
  • 24 posts
Starcraft:Broodwar

oh lol, I just realised you said no RTS, sry.

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
STALKER and Bioshock for singleplayer, you already have all the major currently played multiplayer fps games.

Nophix

Nophix
  • GA Private
  • 331 posts
  • xfire:nophix
  • Xbox / GFWL:NOPHIX
  • Gamer Army ID:2701
IMHO, UT3 is horrible! seriously, 2k4 blew it away. I sold it to my buddy for $30, after having it about a week. I paid $50.

Now, Mr. Unreal himself can't stand it. Seriously, the guy lives to play UT, and wants it gone as well.

Gears is probably a good bet if you want to test out your system.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
QUOTE (Nophix @ Jul 26 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gears is probably a good bet if you want to test out your system.

Actually, the system requirements are surprisingly low.
Minimum Req:
2.4 GHz Intel/2.0 GHz AMD
1 GB RAM
12 GB HDD Space
NVIDIA Geforce 6600/ATI x700

It looks just as good too. It must be some kind of black magic.

dethR

dethR
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • xfire:sacramentith
  • Xbox / GFWL:lolno
  • PSN:DO WANT
  • Wii:Don't 'ave one
QUOTE (Lunask @ Jul 24 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently got a new computer icon_biggrin.gif Yay. And a few months ago I broke my ipod and sent it back to bestbuy and I got a 250$ gift card. But I can only use 100$, cause my parents are gonna use the rest to buy something....

Anyways, I need a game, or 2 depending on how much it costs. I know for sure, I'm getting Crysis. So just throw me some ideas, no rts, or mmo's please.
(Don't say save it either, I have my reasons)

Thanks~

Games I Have:
TF2
CS1.6, CS:S
Q3
Some other games to lazy to list

Only game I could suggest is CoD4..
QUOTE (h3r1n6 @ Sep 5 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard of a WoW player playing 5 characters at once, but WoW only counts as a 10% game, so in reality he was only playing half of a real game.

Smiley451

Smiley451
  • Members
  • 267 posts
COD4 is okay... pretty fun, yea, but not utterly amazing. if more people gave Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW2) a chance, i think the COD 4 population would shrink considerably. so i'd say get GRAW2, it's kick ass.
don't burn me on this next one, but... the Sims 2. i know, i know, it's the SIMS for crying out loud. but nonetheless, it's really fun.
History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of War, Peace, and Revolution will go on forever."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users