Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unable to Install WoW

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

yuraty

yuraty
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • xfire:durdehur
hey guys, i've been trying to install wow for the past week but with no luck, i've tried using my CDs, downloading it but to no luck.

I've turned off my internet, antivirus, all running programs etc.

my system

windows vista ultimate
evga 680i LT
8800 GTS g92
q6600
3 gb ocz platinum ram
400gb wd 7200 rpm hdd (2x)
200 gb wd 10000 rpm hdd (1x)
500 gb samsung 7200 rpm hdd (4x)

i'm trying to install it on the 400gb hard drive. i've tried installing it on the others but it still didn't work so i'm sure it's not a problem with the hard drive.

what happens when i install is it just locks up, there's no specific area during install where it locks up. can't use my mouse, keyboard, whatever. so i have to restart..

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
A few months ago I would get lockups and shit for no reason. Does it just lock up during the install or while you are doing other stuff or installing other software? I ended up having to reformat.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

yuraty

yuraty
  • Members
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jul 23 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few months ago I would get lockups and shit for no reason. Does it just lock up during the install or while you are doing other stuff or installing other software? I ended up having to reformat.

just during install.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
TBH mate take the hint, your not ment to play it and be thankful. Now you can have a social life icon_smile.gif

Panic92

Panic92
  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:re4per666
  • Steam ID:re4per666
  • PSN:Panic_92
QUOTE (Cure @ Jul 23 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TBH mate take the hint, your not ment to play it and be thankful. Now you can have a social life icon_smile.gif

I agree, maybe it's a sign icon_surprised.gif

But sorry i can't really help, only time that has happened to me is when i was trying out xp 64 bit and some of the drivers were messed up :/ And if nothing you try works I just don't think it's worth reformatting with all them hard drives....

yuraty

yuraty
  • Members
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (Panic92 @ Jul 23 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, maybe it's a sign icon_surprised.gif

But sorry i can't really help, only time that has happened to me is when i was trying out xp 64 bit and some of the drivers were messed up :/ And if nothing you try works I just don't think it's worth reformatting with all them hard drives....

the only hard drive i'd have to reformat is the one that vista is installed on.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Might want to post this or have it moved to HW&SW for more help.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users