Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PP lost his roots

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Lord Kabab

Lord Kabab
  • GA Private
  • 1,158 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (really??), IT, hardware, Football (round-ball), Japanese language.
  • Steam ID:lordkabab
  • PSN:lordkabab
  • Gamer Army ID:2687
  • Company:Nu
It's different but I still like it.

I like how jeremy has grown up through the series, and he's a lot different now than he was in ep 1.

I say go what you want guys, 'cause i'll supprt ya......................unless you go apple mac-crap on us.

Loc

Loc
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Jul 21 2008, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is righttttt about where I stopped taking you seriously. The 'sponsors of the show' wanted him to play Halo? I'm glad you figured that out. Maybe you missed the part where he threw the Halo Box in the trash and was playing TF2?

I saw it, doesn't change the fact that it's a whole episode of Halo crap.

And I love how you say Guitar Hero is not 'a real game'; since it is so far beneath you I'm sure you can get 100% on 'Through the Fire and Flames' on Expert, right?

Not saying it isn't hard, but a hard game doesn't make a good game. I can make a game where you have to click some very fast moving ball, it would be hard but it would still suck.

And since when has a 'pro gamer' stood above consoles and why all of a sudden is it worthy to complain about, why didn't you start when Dave was playing Street Fighter?

Found it boring but it wasn't the main character yet. It's called tolerance. I'll ignore it until a certain level.

Last time I checked a Super Nintendo was a console, and you'd probably call someone a noob if they said that Super Mario or something sucked...just because you think certain games suck and that consoles are only for noobs doesn't mean everyone does, so get off your fucking high horse.

No I'd call a Nintendo player a noob al right. Some games on console take more skill than other, no doubt. But it can't compare to things like Starcraft or COD4.

They literally have been messing around with shit in the show in just about every category since the second episode, it didn't all of a sudden just start happening. I can understand the people who say it was better when they episodes came out faster; but these complaints are just getting fucking ridiculous. ROFLMAO doesn't need to cater to fuckers who don't even join the community to give feedback until yesterday and immediately start complaining about how much the show sucks now as soon as they do.

I started watching when episode 13 or something was already out so I couldn't of complained to soon. Again I didn't complain because I thought OK they probably need to put it in for their sponsors, but the last three episodes have just been some noob playing. (A noob can still be good btw, there are 2 kind of noobs.) It all comes down to that in the beginning we had a pro RTS player that had all the properties of a gamer but then just to the extreme. I could of complained about him starting with WOW as well because he lost his RTS roots there but I didn't because he was still a gamer. In the last episode he isn't a pro gamer any more he's a console noob. He laughs with the game but he's still doing nothing but playing them.

I felt like I was watching a kids show in episode 16 tbh. The fight they had between each other with their guitars... They are making it for a bigger audience al right, read the description of the console games forum and you'll know the age group of who their making it for as well.

Lord Kabab

Lord Kabab
  • GA Private
  • 1,158 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (really??), IT, hardware, Football (round-ball), Japanese language.
  • Steam ID:lordkabab
  • PSN:lordkabab
  • Gamer Army ID:2687
  • Company:Nu
sorry but i had respect of you having your opinion, but you have failed.

тαg

тαg
  • Members
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:I don't like spies.
I think its good they started a story-line.
And included some characters, like T-bag and Anastasia.
Didnt realize that Teh_masterer is Geoff, and a Priest is doing he`s voice before i watched the DVD-commantary.

Kyle shooting Jeremy in 16 episodes would grow dull.
But alittle less on the Micro battles and some more at Pro Gamer stuff wouldnt be a dumb idea.
Still, PP is at the top of the peak, and will not slipp down for a loong time.

Alexc26, You win.
Goodbye Forum.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
This is a little off topic, but why the fuck do you have to be a fanboy? Why can't you just play games for the sake of playing games? By saying "LULZ NO CONSOLES R 4 N00BZ LOLOLOL" you are missing out on a lot of great games. A great game is a great game despite the platform it is on.
And like that, he was gone.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,277 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
I thought the Halo episode was hilarious, because all the stereotypical Halo fans went "yeeaaah awesome, an episode about Halo", even though it ended with Jeremy basically telling us all "it's an overhyped piece of shit". As for Guitar Hero? It takes skill, and Jeremy has skill... But it should be mentioned that its inclusion was probably there to highlight how some gamers are basically discovering music through Guitar Hero - hence Jeremy and Kyle's argument about it.

But yeah, hopefully I hope they'll get into some more plot and pwning rather than pop culture jokes in the next two episodes.

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Gaming.
  • Steam ID:[PPGA]SpookyCupcakes
  • Gamer Army ID:1807
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Jul 21 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a little off topic, but why the fuck do you have to be a fanboy? Why can't you just play games for the sake of playing games? By saying "LULZ NO CONSOLES R 4 N00BZ LOLOLOL" you are missing out on a lot of great games. A great game is a great game despite the platform it is on.

Sigged.
QUOTE (Shadowstar @ Nov 5 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me that a year from now.

QUOTE (Raven* @ Jul 12 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RUN! THE COCK IS A LIE!!!111

QUOTE (Cure @ Jul 23 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Tyler I want your babies.

QUOTE (Yoski @ Jul 20 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deleting the recycle bin would create a time padarox and a black hole

QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Jul 22 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How you all can fill 13 pages of discussion talking about each others willies is beyond me :P

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jul 22 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will never be a "best movie of all time". I'll be damned if I let some douche piece of shit tell me what they say is the best movie of all time. The Godfather has been #1 on IMDB for as long as I can remember and I fall asleep through the movie every time I try to watch it. I have yet to see the whole movie in one sitting. The "best movie of all time" would have to be a movie where the majority of the people agree with calling it that. I never see this happening so the "best movie of all time" will always be an opinion.

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410

A fanboy is a fanboy, they always whine and moan to make themselves feel superior.

/thread

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

gossamersolid

gossamersolid
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • xfire:GossamerSolid
  • Xbox / GFWL:GossamerSolid
I find it to be a good show still, but I miss the days of C&C Generals and Doug playing CSS. Then again I guess times have changed and these games don't appeal anymore. Personally I still play BF 1942 so old games can still provide a lot of entertainment. I'm guessing Jeremy doesn't play C&C 3 anymore? I only notice him playing FPS.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Loc @ Jul 21 2008, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I'd call a Nintendo player a noob al right. Some games on console take more skill than other, no doubt. But it can't compare to things like Starcraft or COD4.

Ahahahahahahaha...okay, I hear the weather in ignoranceville is really great this time of year.

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:techno ninjacus
or not

Vorrik

Vorrik

IRC Loudmouth, I ask Xim inappropriate shit.

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • xfire:conarus
  • Interests:Cowtipping
  • Xbox / GFWL:dun play
  • PSN:dun have
  • Wii:dun have
So im gonna pop in here and say something completely off the wall and unnecassary :

pp is still fun.
"Error E2061 date.h 13: Friends must be functions or classes"-Borland c++ compiler.

slomotion

slomotion
  • Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • xfire:slomotion
  • Xbox / GFWL:PZA1
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
IBJ

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
QUOTE (Vorrik @ Jul 24 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So im gonna pop in here and say something completely off the wall and unnecassary :

pp is still fun.

QFT!

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
  • xfire:reaper211
  • Interests:Games, lol
  • Steam ID:majortom26
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Weatherman1
  • Gamer Army ID:2238
  • Company:Kilo
You can be a pro on a console.
Look at all the DOA4 tourneys.

Saying you cannot be pro by playing on a console is like saying you cannot be tall by having short arms. It just doesn't make sense.

Change is good, all you can do is let it ride.
And stop bitching.

cjboonie

cjboonie

Community Member of The Month - Feb 2008

• GA Lieutenant Colonel
  • 1,052 posts
  • xfire:na
  • Interests:lol'ing.<br />i am a software engineer by trade. study hard kids - it is worth it.
  • Xbox / GFWL:na
  • PSN:na
  • Wii:na
  • Gamer Army ID:2744
  • Company:Pi
at the last fan-chat jarett revealed that jeremy is on a path from being someone who is really annoying to someone who you might actually want to be friends with.

in ep16 we saw at his birthday party that jeremy still doesnt have many friends. this character development will be a long journey, just as in RL.

as to whether that provides sufficient entertainment to the masses, we can debate that in these threads instead of playing games outselves. in the official ep16 thread, most people loved the guitar battle. i thought it was awsome. the episode captured the difference between the reality of standing in front of the console (looking a bit silly), and what you imagine yourself to be doing (pwning hard in a battle to the death).

this was similar to the theme in ep15, where game-hype was ridiculed. the difference between RL and our imagination has always been an important theme in PP.

finally, jeremy's move into consoles was fore-shadowed in ep12 (i think), where jermey said he was exciting about the new next-gen consoles, and convergence of gaming, etc.
when i heard that i was shocked and it took me days to mull it over. jeremy was no longer going to be PC only. i have now come to terms with that.

PP ftw.
PPftw
BoL: this game only scrolls in one direction so we have to suck it up and keep moving
QUOTE (rick_2k @ Dec 22 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PP to me is a gift made by some talented guys and gals who like to do it and give us a great quality show for free.

QUOTE (Anthrax704 @ Apr 3 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's out of 1337.

QUOTE (denwO @ Feb 26 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once saw a guy on tour around my university wearing an uber micro hoodie, so I went to chat to him. He was a complete dick.

QUOTE (lil hades 87 @ Feb 17 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are 3 or 4 people in my school who wear purepwnage shirts.. Sadly, they are mostly retarded :(

QUOTE (ya_ba - re ep16 fanchat @ Mar 31 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not even sure what the answer to my question was lol I was there for 5 minutes to look at Dave and that's about it.

QUOTE (anatomy187 @ May 22 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's because I live in <...> and everyone is braindead when it comes to games and computers so when I tell them I'm in a "Gamer Army" they think I'm a fucking genius.
QUOTE (Nestey @ Jun 4 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmm attention.... yes...we needs it... we wants it precious.....

QUOTE (Jarett @ Aug 7 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's going to kick some serious fucking TV ass.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
  • Steam ID:100sph
  • Gamer Army ID:3335
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (reaper234 @ Jul 24 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can be a pro on a console.
Look at all the DOA4 tourneys.

Saying you cannot be pro by playing on a console is like saying you cannot be tall by having short arms. It just doesn't make sense.

Change is good, all you can do is let it ride.
And stop bitching.

Have you ever seen a really tall guy with short arms? Didn't think so.

T-rexs don't count, they're imaginary.
The Blackman is God

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
There's one thing that I don't agree with on your post: the show hasn't ever been sponsored by any popular-game developers, they just base the episodes off newer games for new...ness... but I do wish that the show returned to its older game-style form.

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
If he lost his roots, he should look at the bottom of his tree.
For that is where they shall be.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (VulgaritySocks @ Jul 26 2008, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he lost his roots, he should look at the bottom of his tree.
For that is where they shall be.

youre losing your touch, bro icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users