Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

reative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
New Egg has them for $175 USD

would you get one?

I love the Front I/O, it's awesome for what I want to do with it AND its not hanging around and giving me more cords to deal with.

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
LOL. Never in my life would I. The fidelity is simply too poor for the price. The front panel isn't worth it and causes a degraded signal basically.. I'd just get a Xonar DX and be done with it if you want a seperate soundcard.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
link?

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Just search on newegg.. it's not that hard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...;Tpk=Xonar+dx

A big plus to the Xonar is that it doesn't use Creative omfghorrible drivers.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
  • xfire:1337lucz0r
  • Gamer Army ID:2256
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jul 13 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just search on newegg.. it's not that hard.

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...;Tpk=Xonar+dx" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...;Tpk=Xonar+dx</a>

A big plus to the Xonar is that it doesn't use Creative omfghorrible drivers.

Link be a broken, cap'n.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
QUOTE (Love Duckie @ Jul 13 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link be a broken, cap'n.

yar and stuff!

P.S. after doing a search I have concluded that Xonar might be better, but it doesn't have direct Midi / Instrument Inputs, Plus I've called a reliable sorce who said that one of his 'customers' has it and hasn't heard any loss from pluggin into the front vs. the back on this model. Plus they are still more than the Creative.

Xonar's Spec's

Johnathan Wendal's Creative Sound Blaster

So... I'm going with it, but thanks for your input WeiWei!

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

Strike

Strike
  • Members
  • 209 posts
Creative has some sort of hold on the industry when it comes to their soundcards and games because of EAX, 5.0 is the current version and I think they let other companies have EAX 2.0 support or something such as the razer soundcard just to play around with, and probably the xonar aswell. It's a huge bonus when you're a gamer. Music wise is different though, you might get some higher frequencies with other cards but then you need hardware to match. I myself have had the x-fi xtrememusic for around a year and a half now and it does just fine, the fatal1ty version I believe has like "X-RAM" or something that made me lol but it's probably better.. my 2 cents.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
if you want MIDI so bad (which is strange, since all modern midi devices can use USB - from cheap keyboards, to multi-thousand-dollar rack synthesizers), I have an M-Audio Delta 192 sound card that i'll sell you for $100 (costs $160 typically)

it has DACs that are far superior to anything creative makes (less the EMU line, of course). the analog outs are very low-noise, and are balanced 1/4'' TRS. plus, it's MIDI jacks are full-size, so you dont need those flimsy mini-midi to full-midi converters.

shoot me a PM if youre interested, since music seems to be important to you, you should seriously consider this card (so long as youre not using Vista x64)

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jul 13 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you want MIDI so bad (which is strange, since all modern midi devices can use USB - from cheap keyboards, to multi-thousand-dollar rack synthesizers), I have an M-Audio Delta 192 sound card that i'll sell you for $100 (costs $160 typically)

it has DACs that are far superior to anything creative makes (less the EMU line, of course). the analog outs are very low-noise, and are balanced 1/4'' TRS. plus, it's MIDI jacks are full-size, so you dont need those flimsy mini-midi to full-midi converters.

shoot me a PM if youre interested, since music seems to be important to you, you should seriously consider this card (so long as youre not using Vista x64)

upon further review, i don't really NEED Midi, for the reason's listed above.

lemme check out that card on newegg and I'll let ya know.

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users