Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Official EVE Online Thread(Why isn't there one yet?)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (RDFH @ Oct 5 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends on what ya mean in spending time... The more of the older players simply com online to put another skill into the "learning" queue...they even cancel subscriptions because skills still tick even though your sub. ran out...
And I don't see how EVE takes a lot of time, lvl 1 missions are around 10-15 minutes, level 2 maybe 20, mining ops in the LONGEST may be 2 hours... that not long O_o
On the other hand, if we'll take a look at wow... how long does it take to run through an instance? And what about getting to 70? Thats some time spent...

but that is a mining... 2 hours of mining? shit! How many of those does a person do every night? I can't play a game for more than 4 hours straight any more.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
heh, he obviously isnt into pvp; since they can take in excess of 5 hours.. and not fight anyone.. gatecamping for maybe 8 hours etc..

Irashi

Irashi
  • Members
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (shunted @ Oct 6 2008, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh, he obviously isnt into pvp; since they can take in excess of 5 hours.. and not fight anyone.. gatecamping for maybe 8 hours etc..

Join an alliance they said...
Experience 0.0 they said...

I quit sometime last year before BoB lost most of their territory. Reactivated to see the new graphics when they came out, while playing pirate in low sec, then lost interest before my 30 days had run out. I can't see anything making me want to reactivate my account again.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
lol BOB

Neeros

Neeros
  • GA Corporal
  • 917 posts
  • xfire:neeros
  • Steam ID:anthony_waka
  • Gamer Army ID:282
  • Company:Echo
I love this game. Surprise buttsecks in a Rapier is the most fun.

Kyle needs moar boots cause he didn't suck the big guy enough

neeros.png

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
I must revise my original opinion on the game.

After completing my 14-day trial and was brought to needing actual money to play,
I realized it's not worth it. At all. If I wanted to pay money so I can wait for a months
long skill to be learned, I'd go to trade school or something.

If you like it, cool. I don't dislike it so much as I just don't think it's worth the money.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

RDFH

RDFH
  • Members
  • 112 posts
  • xfire:rdfh
QUOTE (shunted @ Oct 6 2008, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I don't really find the joy of being blown to bits by a huge amount of noobs fun...
Its enough for them to have even one player with a nice warp jammer and badabam icon_smile.gif

Thats one, two well, the mining ops go differently... its like the corp is stationary at a asteroid belt and mines, some are mining some are hauling and some are protecting (rarely) so that its kind of an idle fun, perfect for "casual gamer" XD
The thing I respect this game for most is rather the politics in and outside the corps, people are actually acting as something serious, not those wow "sharks with lazerz pew pew" 13 years olds and 18 years old - college dropouts who are just "in that cool guild and we 4 manned Onyxia yesterday"... its rather very important "who do you trust, who you don't" game, trains your personality, psychology and knowledge of people... read up on the article of the amazing heist that took around 90k $ off a corp, just because a different one infiltrated their ranks well enough and struck in the right moment...

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
QUOTE (RDFH @ Nov 6 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I don't really find the joy of being blown to bits by a huge amount of noobs fun...
Its enough for them to have even one player with a nice warp jammer and badabam icon_smile.gif

Thats one, two well, the mining ops go differently... its like the corp is stationary at a asteroid belt and mines, some are mining some are hauling and some are protecting (rarely) so that its kind of an idle fun, perfect for "casual gamer" XD
The thing I respect this game for most is rather the politics in and outside the corps, people are actually acting as something serious, not those wow "sharks with lazerz pew pew" 13 years olds and 18 years old - college dropouts who are just "in that cool guild and we 4 manned Onyxia yesterday"... its rather very important "who do you trust, who you don't" game, trains your personality, psychology and knowledge of people... read up on the article of the amazing heist that took around 90k $ off a corp, just because a different one infiltrated their ranks well enough and struck in the right moment...

i saw a guy in sharks with lazers pew pew earlyer, he was in an arguement LOL

so anyone up for some yaring?

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
Anyone want to roll send me a Eve mail @ danoli ;D

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
>> fine icon_biggrin.gif

teh_canonized

teh_canonized
  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • xfire:Canonized
So my alliance is gonna get payed by GS to hold some 0.0 with POSs while goon mines it (KA-CHING)
"Cędite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" - Kill them all for god will know his own.
-Arnaud Amuary, Abbot of Citeux

tree manifesto

tree manifesto
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • xfire:treemaster
QUOTE (teh_canonized @ Jan 22 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So my alliance is gonna get payed by GS to hold some 0.0 with POSs while goon mines it (KA-CHING)

One word.

Meatshield.

But blues with goons aren't so easy to come by, so enjoy 'em while you got 'em.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Holy shit, have you guys seen this?

http://www.destructo...ver-77421.phtml

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
GOONS!
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros
  • GA Private
  • 452 posts
  • Steam ID:Ouroboros
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ouroboros
  • PSN:N/A
  • Wii:N/A
  • Gamer Army ID:1742
  • Company:Gamma
Wow... cant say i have ever played eve properly. Have done the trial account etc... was looking forward to actualy "piloting" a ship... oh well...

Anyways... that article Weiman posted was pretty cool. Its like an actual corporation : "waiting for statements" "spies in at executive level" etc... pretty cool

Little too much like a 2nd job for me, but it def is a legitimately complex mmo

Formerly: MadMax1742

BattleSoup

BattleSoup
  • Members
  • 937 posts
  • xfire:tomtomsoup
  • Interests:Making Short Films, Playing Guitar...Watching Pure Pwnage
  • Steam ID:tommysoup
  • Rofl-Rupees:2

Razor Alliance during the Defence of the Northern regions from the band of Brothers Max Damage campaign of 2008.

This is a video my brother made. He's in Razor Alliance, Roving Guns or... something.
It wasnt easy. Six months of Capture, 750 gigs of footage, and LOTS of pvp with the hud hidden, to get the shots i wanted

I helped him film the first bit with the candle.

LATEST VIDEO:HYDRATION
xfire_logo2.jpg twitterlogo3lol.pngSteam Group

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
QUOTE (Weiman @ Feb 6 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy shit, have you guys seen this?

http://www.destructo...ver-77421.phtml

The lulz are nothing short of epic. Do the Goons still hold control over BoB's territory?
Wuggles for everyone!

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
they gave it to the surronding allainces

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
QUOTE (shunted @ Feb 27 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's gotta sting.
Wuggles for everyone!

Xaine

Xaine
  • GA Private
  • 17 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1994
QUOTE (shunted @ Feb 27 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They didn't exactly give it to the surrounding alliances, they sort of just said "Hey, BoB no longer has sovereignty, they can't really fight back, have fun." The result was a huge power vacuum and cluster fuck of epic proportions as hundreds of corps flew into the space to try and claim it. As far as I know, the fighting hasn't calmed down yet. That area of space had a large amount of materials for Tech 2 ship production, and because of that the prices of Tech 2 ships have gone up a lot in the past few weeks, since all of the corporations are fighting over it, and there isn't a steady supply of the minerals.

BoB formed a new alliance by the name of Kenizuko or something, and will be back in a month or two to reclaim their space I predict. I doubt they are dead forever, they are probably the strongest Alliance in the game, in terms of player bonds and morale. They with held for ages under impossible odds.

Awesome Morale video BoB released when they fell back to the Delve region and were under siege by the goons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users