Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WoW GD

• Please log in to reply
1599 replies to this topic

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Ineffable @ Jul 17 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God I wish this were a joke but it happens all the time on my server.

Man, that's every fucking server.

Need a 5k GS to run VoA on my server, what a joke.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Jul 17 2010, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, that's every fucking server.

Need a 5k GS to run VoA on my server, what a joke.

Yup, that's why I said it because it's so fucking sad that it's true. ):

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
lol just Bought SC2 today and went on Battle.net and I see Im in the Cataclysm beta now -_-

Oh well it'll have to wait.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
i came

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
So it's been a few days since cata and since I refuse to wait 40 min to que for a heroic I decided to switch from shadow to disc and try some healing. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but it's pretty freaking hard. Not only do you run out of mana almost immediately but sometimes I can't even get off heals quick enough to keep the tank alive. I can chain my flash heal but after about 4 casts i'm oom. And I can't even get any mana back. In shadow I have 4 different tricks/spells I can use to get mana back, in disc I have 2.

And many fights, even trash pulls, do tons of unavoidable aoe damage. So it's not even the fact that most of the time the dps is sloppy.

I would go run normals but I only have about 2 pieces of gear that can be upgraded just from running normals and I feel like that isn't going to help me out that much anyway.

Are any other healers getting the same problems?

CartooN

CartooN
  • Members
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (PTrain @ Dec 15 2010, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's been a few days since cata and since I refuse to wait 40 min to que for a heroic I decided to switch from shadow to disc and try some healing. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but it's pretty freaking hard. Not only do you run out of mana almost immediately but sometimes I can't even get off heals quick enough to keep the tank alive. I can chain my flash heal but after about 4 casts i'm oom. And I can't even get any mana back. In shadow I have 4 different tricks/spells I can use to get mana back, in disc I have 2.

And many fights, even trash pulls, do tons of unavoidable aoe damage. So it's not even the fact that most of the time the dps is sloppy.

I would go run normals but I only have about 2 pieces of gear that can be upgraded just from running normals and I feel like that isn't going to help me out that much anyway.

Are any other healers getting the same problems?

I switch between Holy and Shadow. I tried disc, holy is so much easier for me. I found with disc, your only fine on mana if you have a 100% perfect tank. Otherwise your constantly putting expensive heals everywhere. Holy is just great for everything imo; raids, dungeons, whatever. Throw prayer of mending out, circle of healing with the occasional flash heal. Thats pretty much all I end up using. If the parties starting to get in the shit theres plenty other spells to go to. Rarely ever get oom, just use shadow fiend when I do.

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
I was using holy but it just wasn't working out for me so I went back to disc since that's what I was doing in wrath and I liked it a lot.

I may have to go back to holy and focus more on keeping prayer of mending up. Do you normally use the prayer of mending chakra?

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Yeah all my healer friends are having a hard time healing, they say it's just not an easy thing to do any more, It'll probably get better with gear though.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Healing is fine, if you gem, and reforge your gear and get proper gear for your character. This isn't WotLK anymore. You can't get gear that's close to what you want and just face roll it. Same with tanks, they can't face roll aoe tank heroics at all without making the healer go OOM.

In my opinion Shamans are the least gimped healing class right now. Everyone else is going to have it a bit tougher then them.

Then again, you shouldn't need to use a lot of mana if you have proper CC in your heroics. Random heroics are completely out of the question unless you're getting a healer or DPS. Good luck doing anything but repairing.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
That sounds really great actually, any news on the raids difficulty?

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
Right now I have just about all the gear you can get from normals gemed and enchanted and it's still tough in heroics unless I go with my friends. If I go into a random either the tank is taking tons of damage or the dps isn't putting out enough so eventually I run oom and we wipe and everyone always blames the healer.

I almost feel like it would have been better if in 5 mans they made it so it was easy to tank and heal but they had really short enrage timers to make it difficult on dps. At least then there wouldn't be a 40 min wait when you que as dps.

I'm all for having stupid difficult raids, but that's because when you raid it's almost always with a set group. In my mind heroics should be easy just so people can get a good base to go raiding with. They've made the lfg tool almost useless now since you can't run many of the heroics with pugs.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Holy fucking shit. Heroics are so fun again. Feels like TBC, but better in a way. Tanked a heroic ToT like an hour ago, and we wiped our dicks off (the run took us like 2 hours). But I don't think I've had that much fun in WoW since like, WotLK launch.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
Exactly!, it's fun when you have to plan and advance carefully instead of just pulling a big group, AoE them down, rinse and repeat.

Fuck, cata is awesome so far. I just really really hope they don't give in and nerf the shit out of everything so soon =(

Acoly

Acoly
  • Members
  • 326 posts
Anyone done much as far as raids go yet?, currently got 3 in Blackwing Descent and 1 in Bastion of Twilight down on 25. Content feels quite good and I'm actually enjoying it like I did in TBC/Vanills.

One thing i'm noticing though is how bad people have gotten because of Wotlk, atleast in this guild i'm in... half the ranged getting hit by Fireball's on Halfus and Melee with over 500k DMG taken to it... the fuck?.

Also Warriors fucking rape.

Edited by Acoly, 29 December 2010 - 07:56 PM.

Watson

Watson
  • Banned
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Dec 30 2010, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a WOTLK thread.

I would probably count the main thread title above the subtitle in priority of classification, so it's a WoW GD thread.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
Spam post deleted. Any more will result in a warning.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
Of all threads I wasn't expecting this to be dead dcolon.png

is anyone else here on Oceanic Khaz'Goroth (PVE) or Frostmourne (PVP)
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

Watson

Watson
  • Banned
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (Biohazard. @ Jan 18 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of all threads I wasn't expecting this to be dead dcolon.png

is anyone else here on Oceanic Khaz'Goroth (PVE) or Frostmourne (PVP)

I ran with a tank from Frostmourne yesterday with a 9222 gearscore. He was ranked like 2000th in the world and he left because the healer was a tool. Fuck he could tank though :/

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
Is GearScore really that shit now?! Also they weren't from the guild Tsunami? They're the shit on Frostmourne, got a tank once from that guild back in Wrath and damn he knew what he was doin.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users