Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

real low budget pc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • xfire:Hasjustbeenpwnd
  • Interests:games, computers and bitches
ok so i found n old emachines computer at my house and it turns out it has a 3.33ghz intel processor in it (LGA 775) and a 480 watt PSU. So i'd like some help finding a dirt cheap motherboard (one in it right now is broken) 1gb or so of RAM and an ok graphics card. This isn't for top of the line gaming (already have a computer for that.) i just want it to be good enough to run stuff like FEAR and Source and TF2 so when i have a LAN party someone with a shitty computer can use this thing.

My Main problems is the motherboard. I don't know which kinda i should get ATX micro or what cause i don't know what it's current case holds cause it's a pre-built.

Or should i just get a new cheap case also?

Henry_

Henry_
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts
have you read this thread? it helps a lot with these threads if you read it first, then tell us what your gonna get so we can say yes or no. icon_biggrin.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Is it a P4 though? For dirt cheap, look to the top of the section. I have a $600 US guide.
And like that, he was gone.

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
QUOTE (SpasticHenry @ Jul 7 2008, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have you read this thread? it helps a lot with these threads if you read it first, then tell us what your gonna get so we can say yes or no. icon_biggrin.gif

He's asking for a cheap replacement motherboard, not a new build.

OP where do you live.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
If it's a P4, any dirt cheap motherboard should do. First make sure what type of RAM it is (DDR/DDR2) and what kind of videocard (AGP/PCI-e)

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Henry_

Henry_
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts
QUOTE (RaiDer @ Jul 7 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's asking for a cheap replacement motherboard, not a new build.

the thread is still relevant for upgrades.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Well not really, since we're most likely with obsolete and incompatible tech here.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
QUOTE (SpasticHenry @ Jul 7 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the thread is still relevant for upgrades.

If you had sections for various separate pieces of hardware, low, mid, high end. Across various platforms, it'd be relevant.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
ever heard of Dell?

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
ever heard of Dell?

all he needs is a mobo/ram/and vid card -.-

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
the processor is "Intel Celeron D Processor 356" or at least that's what it says on the case. (it's in an emachine premade)

I'll post some pictures but i think it's LGA 775. (i'll post pictures later tonight i have to go to some damn dinner party or some bull shit.)

I really just need a motherboard i can pick RAM and Graphics card. (i've put computers together before just don't know what slot this processor is and bad at picking motherboard.)

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Your case also may not fit a new card if it is a typical OEM case.
And like that, he was gone.

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
yea getting a new case won't be a problem (don't need glass side or many fans this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users