Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking For Parts For A New Pc?

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
QUOTE (SpasticHenry @ Jul 2 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MSY is also a great franchise store dotted across Australia, with good prices. Click on the "parts price list" then use the PDF format, HTML is too clumsy.

how exactly can you view the site in pdf format? i can't seem to find an option for that.

Henry_

Henry_
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts
QUOTE (lolcrica90 @ Aug 7 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how exactly can you view the site in pdf format? i can't seem to find an option for that.

PARTS PDF

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
750GB drives are only $30 more and have 1 cent lower price per gig. Having only 500gb on the high, ultra high rigs seems a bit ehh.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I'll check it next week, when I update the whole list for deactiavted items and the HD4870X2.
And like that, he was gone.

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:3dfx Graphics, pure pwnage, StarWars, Sting &amp; The Police, Dinosaurs, Air Force jets and bombers worldwide!,, MC-Hammer, 50Cent, and DJ-Tiesto + Chicane
  • Gamer Army ID:3981
QUOTE (Weiman @ Aug 1 2008, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9800GX2 SLI doesn't scale worth shit.

hmm it actually depends on what you run, since Grid does show that a single 9800 GX2 wipes the floor with a Dual GTX 280 setup, but a Dual 9800 GX2 SLI setup, it's great for OpenGL titles but D3D ismorely ATi R700 territory nowadays.

for a single card sollution the best geForce is the 9800 GX2 as it mostly beats a single GTX 280 with ease.

Brand0

Brand0
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • xfire:mrthrill
  • Xbox / GFWL:MrThR1LL
For all the builds that have the 500GB drive as their main, you should replace that drive with the Western Digital Caviar WD6400AAKS since it has 640GB and is faster than any SATA drive in the market today that doesn't bare the name VelociRaptor icon_razz.gif
Also the Asus P5QL Pro is a nice, updated alternative to the GA-P35-DS3L. As for the heatsink, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is cheaper than the Tuniq while performing literally within 1C of the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, which is common knowledge to the seasoned overclocker, the best heatsink on the market.

And another thing, a great website with competitive prices for the U.S. is Mwave

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Will look at changing the HDD on the higher ends, but the Barracudas are known for cheap reliability and Spinpoints as excellent drives as well. We went for pure price on the P35-DS3L (more often than not it is on a lowered price) and personal use. Though the TRUE, Vendetta 2, and Xigmatech are all good and reccomended, I put the Tuniq on their because I have personal experience with it and it is reccomended a lot even now.

Oh and not to mention, from all the reviews I've been reading lately and posts I've seen, the new Sunbeam (Tuniq) is doing quite well. Apparently it is selling fast over at Petra's as well icon_razz.gif

Also, I need to get around to updating deactivated links and possibly the Ultra-tier for Crossfire.

Brand0

Brand0
  • Members
  • 89 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 22 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We went for pure price on the P35-DS3L (more often than not it is on a lowered price) and personal use.

On a lowered price it's only $5 cheaper. Retail they are the same, but I understand the personal use since I use that board too icon_razz.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Yeah, a lot of times I have seen it dip to $70 or lower. A low budget friend got it at $70 from NewEgg a couple months ago.

Brand0

Brand0
  • Members
  • 89 posts
Also for the Q9450 you might as well post the Q9550 since it's only a $5 difference on the egg. And if I'm not mistaken I think the Cooler Master Stacker Revolution is black, but that's just me and my silly knit picking. Also a notable mention for the HD 4870 is VisionTeks since they have lifetime warranties which is really nice icon_mrgreen.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (Brand0 @ Aug 22 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also for the Q9450 you might as well post the Q9550 since it's only a $5 difference on the egg. And if I'm not mistaken I think the Cooler Master Stacker Revolution is black, but that's just me and my silly knit picking.

Have to do an update anyways, waiting for the E-0 stepping to hit the Egg. And they offer the Evo in Black and Silver now, I personally have the black.

Brand0

Brand0
  • Members
  • 89 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 22 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
waiting for the E-0 stepping to hit the Egg.

Oh dear... That may take a while. I remember it took more than 4 months after the release of the G0 stepping for the Q6600 that you were guaranteed a G0. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if I ordered a Q6600 and still received a B3 lol. It's a shame clubit.com never recovered and stayed the powerhouse they were guaranteeing steppings on their CPUs

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Nah, I got a G0 from NewEgg. I remember on HD4870 release people complaining, took a while for them to ACTUALLY offer it.

Brand0

Brand0
  • Members
  • 89 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 22 2008, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, I got a G0 from NewEgg. I remember on HD4870 release people complaining, took a while for them to ACTUALLY offer it.

Newegg is usually a week slow on their released, but do a fairly god job keeping things in stock... well except for the Accelero S1. By the time those came in stock again the 8800GT dropped under $200 and the GTS was GT price.

Lt ledhead

Lt ledhead
  • Members
  • 2,629 posts
  • xfire:ledhead93
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lt ledhead
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Great guide man, really informative.

Huhn

Huhn
  • Members
  • 234 posts
  • xfire:u
  • Xbox / GFWL:t
  • PSN:f
  • Wii:s
umm, well i have to ask one serious thing.
ever heared of the "video corruption bug" in nforce 7 chipsets? that really messes EVERYTHING up, so for SLI i would prefer an older nForce 6 chipset like 680 SLI, or, i would wait for something new..
pwning german noobs since 2001.

R.I.Pwnage T-Bag. We will never forget, and always miss you.
-in a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero- but sometimes, it's just not fair.. but then again, no one said it would be fair..

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
I have now, sounds interesting.. NForce 7 has been nothing but a disaster mostly with NForce 780 being nothing special to 680 and 790 having mandatory DDR3.. 750i hits the spot though. Esepcially at the price.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Billy...

Billy...
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Pee and Pooh
  • Steam ID:googlegaara818
  • Xbox / GFWL:GhostsFaceKira
I have a less then low tier pc.

icon_razz.gif

>.> like the low tier one just happens to be my "dream" pc.

I fail. icon_biggrin.gif
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Jun 14 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chill out faggot

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Hahahah yeah I wish I had a low tier too icon_sad.gif.

And even that's outdated since they haven't actualized the list icon_razz.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Yeah I am planning on updating the list Tuesday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users