Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Review: Firefly

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3

Creator: Joss Whedon
First Aired: September 20th, 2002
Episode Count: 14

Firefly takes place 500 years in the future, where the world is split into two factions – the alliance and rebels. A war raged on for several years until the rebels were defeated, the alliance then gained control of many of the main planets and prospered them into big nation hubs. Firefly takes place after this war and tells the story of a space ship named Serenity flying around the galaxy with a old rebel sergeant and his crew. Since they fly a small travel ship they perform many jobs throughout the galaxy trying to survive. Each episode deals with a new job and the dangers that they face during that job.

The cast of Firefly was excellently picked by Josh Whedon; they all have great chemistry together. Each cast member plays his or her part as a different persona. The characters play roles such as a tough asshole, caring mechanic, a hot companion/whore, and even a religious figure. This leads this show in different and refreshing directions each episode.

Don't fuck with me

Since the first episode I was captivated by the quality and presentation of this show. For a show that was made in 2002 the special effects are quite outstanding. In fact this show won an award in 2002 for best use of technology. It is very impressive how they portray each planet or city. The show seems to have a western appeal mixed with sci-fi. The mix is quite unbelievable and crazy, but it does work quite well. I think that’s the kind of style Joss Whedon was searching for.

This show mixes elements of Comedy, Drama, and action for every episode keeping it exciting and captivating. Much like with Buffy (Josh Whedon’s critically acclaimed series) the episodes usually change drastically from the first, with sparkling new ideas. Although I do believe that the first 2 episodes seemed to be less exciting than the last 12, even still they all still show that TV can keep you on the edge of your seat.

Not bad for 2002

If you are looking for a good Sci-Fi show, this is it. Although the show got cancelled due to Fox changing its show time schedule around, that does not mean this show is not good. This show is in fact one of the best Sci-Fi’s to date, coming 2nd to battlestar galactica in my mind. Check this show out; there are 14 episodes in total.

Overall: 9.2/10

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Pwning, writing, reviewing, music composition, acting, programming
  • Xbox / GFWL:BogusMeatFactor
  • Wii:6374897161850475
  • Gamer Army ID:3688
  • Company:Golf
very short review, but I liked it. Firefly has been such an inspirational TV series for me personally, as it captures so much of the charm that the shows like Cowboy Bebop and the original Star Wars Trilogy did that it seemed hard to equate it's failure.

The characters were some of the most amazing and dynamic, with chemistry that meshed with each person in such a way that it would bring tears to your eyes to know how the show ends. I am a browncoat for life because of this series and love and support it every day, because of the sheer passion that was involved in it's creation. It shows.

Kadajiroth

Kadajiroth
  • GA Captain
  • 1,206 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3638
  • Company:Nu
Great review (only thing I would change is giving it a score of 10/10, haha). I'm a huge Browncoat myself, I've loved it ever since I first saw it on TV years ago (it was cancelled on Aussie TV as well, so FOX is not the only evil one out there I suppose). The show has some of the best writing I've ever seen, and it is Joss' best work, in my opinion. It is and will always be my favourite show of all-time.

kadajiroth_gasig15.png

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Also, banned. | Best Ice Cream my pants Shacker 08 & 09

• GA Corporal
  • 5,720 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much anymore.
  • Gamer Army ID:334
Great review dude. icon_biggrin.gif

Firefly is my most favouriteist TV show ever. Such a shame they had to go and cancel it and make Serenity. icon_sad.gif

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
I can kill you with my brain.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

Skanky Yoda

Skanky Yoda

Best Nickname

• GA Private
  • 640 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:915
Firefly is sexy
http://a295.ac-image...0f6bbfd245e.jpg

----------------
Now playing: MC Storm/Sy & Unknown - Ravers Anthem
via FoxyTunes
SBAG Survivor

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
  • Company:Alpha
I shed a tear every time i read a review about the show.... it was to damn good in the sci-fi universe so it HAD to be canceled... like a few other good shows, Jericho, Stargate (almost), The sentinel. pp_smiley9.gif

personal review score 10/10 ....

"wars long done were all just folk now"

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (GA Sev @ Jun 27 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stargate (almost)

The first one, yes. The second one, in a few years. The third one, announced icon_wink.gif

If Firefly originally aired on Sci-Fi I bet it would still be on the air today...or even if Sci-Fi picked up Firefly like it did with Stargate I bet it would still be on the air.

P.S. Fox Sucks.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
fox showed it on tv in a MAJORLY fuxored order

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
I hardly ever watched this show, however thats not because its bad... i really enjoyed it, but i always had a hard time finding it hehe.

Serenity was quite good.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
i love it, i still havent actually watch the last episode, coz theres no more after that icon_sad.gif

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
I loved this show. Too bad it was never given a fair chance. It felt like a live-action Cowboy Bebop to me, but more Cowboy-ness rather than Bounty Hunter-ness. This show wasn't even show in the correct order, wtf FOX.

Kadajiroth

Kadajiroth
  • GA Captain
  • 1,206 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3638
  • Company:Nu
On the same note; I'm about to head off and see Jewel "Kaylee" Staite at a convention in an hour or so. Yay.

kadajiroth_gasig15.png

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • xfire:Spieku
  • Steam ID:RčeÇč
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sensemia420
who shows a pilot last... fox wtf u screwed a good show and now after losing pure pwnage i lose firefly FML this sux

Ceres

Ceres
  • Members
  • 153 posts
OP is a phaggot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users