Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Castlevania Wii!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Source

Okay, I'm a fan of fighters, and 2008 is pretty much making me nerdgasm all over the place with all the new titles, but I dunnow about this one.

If it turns out good, rather than say the newest 3D Samsho, then it'll be kickass though. Holy water as a projectile? Sign me up icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

carsoN`

carsoN`
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • Steam ID:carsoN`
  • Wii:0960758864133992
  • Gamer Army ID:2431
Do they even have enough characters to support a decent range of characters to select from.. lol i think if they 3D castlevania rpg with the blood and gore like ninja gaiden it'd be epic icon_biggrin.gif

Brawl Code: 2707-1448-9905

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
few balanced characters > tons of broke characters

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Pwning, writing, reviewing, music composition, acting, programming
  • Xbox / GFWL:BogusMeatFactor
  • Wii:6374897161850475
  • Gamer Army ID:3688
  • Company:Golf
looking at the screens gives me chills down my spine like the terror of being chased by a giant cheeseburger if I had a fear of giant cheeseburgers.

So how did the conversation go for this game?

"Look, I have this great game idea. You know Castlevania games right? Well let's take that world and put it into a fighting game....better yet! A 3-D fighting game!.....for the Nintendo Wii! The wii's popular and people will buy anything on that system, just take a look at all the shitty games that are made for it. We are bound to make money!"

"......sold."

.....dear god help us all.

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
Sorry to double post on this thread, but I actually was reading up on this via Nintendo Power and found it to be somewhat interesting. The gameplay will be very accessible AKA wagglefest, but what is interesting is the environments. I am curious to see how the various power ups, special moves and super special moves will work for each character. I see this game as a rent, sadly enough to say, as I could see it being cool to play the first few times against your friends, but it slowly getting dull.

The art style is great though and it definitely is unique.....although I still do not know why they decided to go in this direction. I would much rather like a new traditional castlevania game as a wii-ware game along the vein of megaman 9.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (carsoN` @ Jun 26 2008, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they even have enough characters to support a decent range of characters to select from.. lol i think if they 3D castlevania rpg with the blood and gore like ninja gaiden it'd be epic icon_biggrin.gif

Have you Even Played any of the 3D Castlevania's? IF ITS 3D, TREAT LIKE AN STD. Castlevania Doesn't do well in 3d, So i'm not having High expectations.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Jul 6 2008, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you Even Played any of the 3D Castlevania's? IF ITS 3D, TREAT LIKE AN STD. Castlevania Doesn't do well in 3d, So i'm not having High expectations.

Lol, I'm somewhat wary of it as well for the same reasons, but with Death Note's artist revamping the character designs, and the half decent screens, It's starting to grow on me.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
IGN just did a big preview on the game, relating it closely to Power Stone, which is a very promising thing. It's in pre-alpha stages, but this would is looking to be a definite rent to at least get a proper playthrough of it. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
weird

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
ahh castlevania was a good series.. sigh..

-----------------------------
Nuclear Launch Detected

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users