Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Club SLI fun

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
There are ove 27000 SLI PC's? Dear god why...

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Gold Leader

Gold Leader
  • GA Private
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:3dfx Graphics, pure pwnage, StarWars, Sting &amp; The Police, Dinosaurs, Air Force jets and bombers worldwide!,, MC-Hammer, 50Cent, and DJ-Tiesto + Chicane
  • Gamer Army ID:3981
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jun 27 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are ove 27000 SLI PC's? Dear god why...

because SLI works in most games at the moment Crysis , Company Of Heroes, Flight Simulator X, Conan Adventures, World Of Warcraft, Enenmy Territory Quake Wars, the list goes on actually.

And for little money a SLI setup of Dual 8800 GT's is for most SLI users plenty for their FPS/RTS games.

The possibillity of so many CFX systems is also greater than imagined ATi's new HD 4800 series have amuch better way of CF via internal Hubs instead of via the old way:

Hub --> Ringbus --> CF Bridge <-- Ringbus <-- Hub

new way =

Hub --> CF Bridge <-- Hub

and the new X2 is even nicer it is like so:

Hub <--> Hub

the old X2 wasn't so greatfull because the Bride chip hindered it's performance alo especially in CFX modes.

Hub --> Ringbus --> CF Bridge --> PLC CF Bridge Chip <-- CF Bridge <-- Ringbus <-- Hub

which is along as very slow downed process, which causes rendering delays, thus lesser speed.

Anyways I could go on this for hours it's just to give you an Idea that one day ATi's CFX will become as welknown as well used as NV's SLI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users