Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F.E.A.R or Quake 4 ?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: F.E.A.R or Quake 4 (31 member(s) have cast votes)

1. F.E.A.R (19 votes [61.29%])

Percentage of vote: 61.29%

2. Quake 4 (12 votes [38.71%])

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

Vote

Rogu3

Rogu3
  • Members
  • 60 posts
well seing as they are released at roughly the same time i consider them rivals so which do u think is better

i think for singplayer it has to be F.E.A.R for a truly chilling experiance and in depth storyline......on the other hand there is quake 4 which is graphically stunning but all single player is, is Doom 3 with different guns and faster enemys

Quake 4 wins hands down for multi-player if anyone plays Quake 3 arena u would understand why wink.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Quake qon't be able to beat FEAR in SP but it probably will in MP if the graphics don't suck...

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Sidetrax

Sidetrax
  • Members
  • 65 posts
I've read a review on F.E.A.R. and it looks great, not really heard much about Quake

Lone

Lone
  • GA Private
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:thelonedissenter
  • Interests:Gheying.
  • PSN:TheLoneMan
  • Gamer Army ID:1947
i'm going wit fear just because i already have a multiplayer game i like, and it's been awhile since i played a nice single-player fps... a long while, actually. the last fps i played wit a good singleplayer game was goldeneye lol
#DimeGaming

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
sexy arab dude...

buy 1 of them

"GET" other one.

aka d0wnl09d

I@#H4gn 1AM YA!Gh23

BloodBorne

BloodBorne
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • xfire:bloodborne24
  • Interests:Games, internet, tech, computers, Pure Pwnage
  • Xbox / GFWL:BloodBorne
Right now I'd have to say FEAR because it's the only one of the two I've played, and the reviews seem consisteiently higher for FEAR. Hopefully I'll be picking up Quake 4 soon here, so I'll be able to make a more proper comparision then. icon_smile.gif

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
the d3 engine is much more technical, and capabile. since FEAR was advertised more, and the ammount of stupid people in this world is...unfathomable...
IPB Image

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
The demo was way overrated as well, meaning that the real first level isn't like that at all. It was just an advertising trick.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

SoulAssassin

SoulAssassin
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Computers, gaming, skateboarding
i'm just diving into the single player of quake 4 now. at first i was a little overwhelmed, they really throw you into the action off the start.

so far i'm quite impressed and am having a lot of fun with Q4... Haven't played FEAR yet, but I definately want to.
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users