Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call of Duty: World at War

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Mooshling

Mooshling
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • xfire:ii0m3ga
  • PSN:ii0m3ga
I sense epic fails.

Treyarch developed CoD3. that game was fun....... *sarcasm.* I think activision shouldnt let treyarch make CoD, they're quality just isnt high enough. CoD 3 was a mediocre FPS at best, ruined by quicktime events, forced sixaxis features for ps3, annoying vehicle levels and general mediocre gameplay.

I also assume this game isnt going to be on PC. Sigh.

Bad move activision. money grubbing bastards.
I AM THE ÜBERMENSCH

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Wow, a WW2 shooter? That a brilliant idea. I love how they are always coming up with new ideas. Cant wait!
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
I'm surprised they didn't make this one similar to Team Fortress 2. They love other peoples ideas.

Higgy

Higgy
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • xfire:mustbehiggy
  • PSN:mustbehiggy
  • Wii:7476262370009001
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Jun 16 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd rather see a Pacific WW2 shooter over another DDay invasion. x_x How many times do I have to storm that same beach before I could draw the beach better then the Vetrans who wont ever forget that terrifying day.

I mean, with Elves and swords, they can do different things story wise, but histroy, it always remains the same. You cant change what happened. I think that's where people get frustrated. They know what happens even before the game ends because it's histroy that everyone knows and remembers learning about. It happened what, almost 70 years ago? That's pretty recent compared to other things which people don't know too much of.

I think that's why I don't enjoy WWII shooters anymore, I already know I'm about to pwn some Nazi before I even buy the game.

Atleast flight sims of WW2 are interesting, 'cause it's airplanes, airplanes are ALWAYS exciting, especially if you're hit, and it's harder to turn and its like "oh shit, gotta gtfo before I die" kinda thing. It's not like FPS's have a dynamic mission set such as the one in Combat flight sim 3. THAT would be fricken awesome to have imo. Picking missions where you can help win the war in a different way, or even play as the Germans and fight across the English Channel and invade the British islands. That would be interesting!

Yeah, airplane ones are always fun... zooming around in a spitfire like pew pew pew pew.. Good times. But I'd rather see a pacific wwII shooter too.. and that new brothers in arms is set during operation market garden and apparently is EXACTLY like what happened from veteran accounts. Erm, as for the elves and stuff with a different story.. sure it's possible. But doesn't every RPG you've ever played start off with you as a humble farmer who has the power to save the world "kingdom" from ugly goblins? =)

Rljohn

Rljohn
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • xfire:rljohn
  • Xbox / GFWL:rljohn
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:4945597007048201
QUOTE (Mooshling @ Jun 16 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sense epic fails.

Treyarch developed CoD3. that game was fun....... *sarcasm.* I think activision shouldnt let treyarch make CoD

They already had them contracted for cod5, and have not extended the contract to cod7, it will all be IW now.

Lt ledhead

Lt ledhead
  • Members
  • 2,629 posts
  • xfire:ledhead93
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lt ledhead
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Tell you the truth I really dont want another world war 2 game. They we're good but now, its always the same with not much new. That added with the fact treyarch is making it makes me really not eager to how this will turn out. Il keep open minded but I'm not expecting much.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Call of Duty
Call of Duty (N-Gage)
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 2 (Mobile)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory

Rljohn

Rljohn
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • xfire:rljohn
  • Xbox / GFWL:rljohn
  • Wii:4945597007048201
QUOTE (Clarkey @ Jun 16 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call of Duty
Call of Duty (N-Gage)
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 2 (Mobile)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory

Counting X-Pacs and Cellular games is stretching it just a bit, no?

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Skating/snowboarding, pretty much all extreme sports. Gaming of course.
  • Steam ID:Birdfeather4
  • Xbox / GFWL:Birdfeather
  • Wii:6292052913359869
http://www.gametrail...2.html?type=wmv

Actually looks pretty fun. Pretty nice atmosphere.

henroast

henroast
  • Members
  • 63 posts
This could be fun. I read somewhere that it will be released on Wii, which I don't really understand, but I'd look into getting it if it was good. I'm guessing it will be better than CoD 3.

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Skating/snowboarding, pretty much all extreme sports. Gaming of course.
http://kotaku.com/50...5-co op-trailer

We can stop hating now.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (Unseen Killa @ Aug 9 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can stop hating now.

Why? That made me more skeptical, looks like CoD3...
And like that, he was gone.

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 9 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? That made me more skeptical, looks like CoD3...

Heh, I never played CoD3, but it looked fun to me.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (Higgy @ Jun 16 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Just wanted to add.. I don't like WoW because I don't like the whole Wizards and Elfs crap. But it's obviously a good game right? Don't you think the whole Wizards, goblinds.. elfs, swords and arrows shit has been done WAAAAY more times than WWII games?!

no... wow is a bad game with a few (very few) very important huge plusses that carry it. It has a huge community, it's easy to pick up, and the quests are designed in a way so that you're always led to another quest, which people will feel compelled to do, making it hard to put down.

Only one of those actually affects how fun the game is. The gameplay is worse than a lot of other mmos (also bear in mind that it's essentially built from the exact same mold as others before it), the quests aren't that fun, their crafting system has been blown out of the water by other mmos, it has poor developer support considering how much money they make, it's chronically unbalanced, World PvP is gimped to hell...

The game is not good, it is addicting.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
CoD3...I would like to put it as not part of the series, it was not good, the multiplayer was horrid, and it moved back and forth in such a way that it stumbled over itself.

Coming from the guy who said that popularity was a judge of if a game is good or not. You can say what you want about gameplay, crafting, and questing, that is your opinion. But developer support? Come one, it has one of the best Dev Supports of any MMO.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 9 2008, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CoD3...I would like to put it as not part of the series, it was not good, the multiplayer was horrid, and it moved back and forth in such a way that it stumbled over itself.

Coming from the guy who said that popularity was a judge of if a game is good or not. You can say what you want about gameplay, crafting, and questing, that is your opinion. But developer support? Come one, it has one of the best Dev Supports of any MMO.

I didn't say it was judge. I said it was indicator. And I never said popularity, I said sustained popularity.

That was and is the end of discussion.

edit: also, no blizzard did a horrible job. It doesn't listen to any of the good ideas in the community, it increases/decreases damage and health instead of fixing the mechanics of skills, it doesn't add any mid range content, it completely changes the essence of what a class is sporadically, it has little in world events compared to other mmos (it has little in world events even compared to some WoW private servers)... They make 100s of millions of dollars every month. I have no sympathy for them when mmos were supported better making 1% of that.
Give me LoL Referals.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Aug 9 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say it was judge. I said it was indicator. And I never said popularity, I said sustained popularity.

That was and is the end of discussion.

Even then, means WoW is pretty good for 10 million after 4 years. Also, how in the world can you say WoW has bad Dev Support? Please, explain.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 9 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even then, means WoW is pretty good for 10 million after 4 years. Also, how in the world can you say WoW has bad Dev Support? Please, explain.

Check edit, and WoW is addictive. that's what differentiates it from most other games in that rating scale. It becomes more of a $15 a month way to talk to your friends who you wouldn't see otherwise, or a $15 a month way to feel like the 100 hours you spent playing the game weren't for nothing. It's very rarely $15 a month because the gameplay is fun.
Give me LoL Referals.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
If we are going to say it is addictive, what about all other MMOs or games in general? I know people who play a lot of Halo, are they addicted?

Back to it, they add a lot of content, maybe not mid-range, but they are focused on the people whining for content which are the ones at the high level. Trust me on this, Blizz employees do take suggestions seriously. I've talked to enough of them and heard interviews of others to know that they do. Of course they won't listen to someone on the paladin forums saying "Makt eh pally better oololololol" but they do take suggestions seriously. They try to balance the gameplay out, but I'll give you a hint about something, NO MULTIPLAYER GAME WILL EVER BE PERFECTLY BALANCED. Every spawn, every ability, will always have an advantage or disadvantage. I haven't seen any classes completely change functions, I have seen them go down and up in usage (Shadow v Holy priest, Pally as healer v off tank, etc) but not a complete change.

Don't blame Blizzard for making money, other MMOs were the same price, WoW just happens to have been the most successful. Also, it has some of the best Dev Support of any MMO I've ever played, so I don't know how you can say Blizzard is so far behind.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 9 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we are going to say it is addictive, what about all other MMOs or games in general? I know people who play a lot of Halo, are they addicted?

If you could make a case for them being addicted go for it. In the case of WoW, I know close to 40 people that have played it that I still talk to who say it is addictive compared to the one friend who still plays it, who thinks it's addictive, but tries to justify it as being addictive.

Back to it, they add a lot of content, maybe not mid-range, but they are focused on the people whining for content which are the ones at the high level. Trust me on this, Blizz employees do take suggestions seriously. I've talked to enough of them and heard interviews of others to know that they do. Of course they won't listen to someone on the paladin forums saying "Makt eh pally better oololololol" but they do take suggestions seriously. They try to balance the gameplay out, but I'll give you a hint about something, NO MULTIPLAYER GAME WILL EVER BE PERFECTLY BALANCED. Every spawn, every ability, will always have an advantage or disadvantage. I haven't seen any classes completely change functions, I have seen them go down and up in usage (Shadow v Holy priest, Pally as healer v off tank, etc) but not a complete change.
I have played fully or betaed close to 15 mmos back as far as Ultima Online. WoW has EASILY the worst developer support. I know just as many people who whined for mid level content. I have met very few people who whined for high level content, because there's already a ton. And I know no game will be perfectly balanced, but the way the balance is horrible. They only add or remove health, damage, or cooldowns for the most part. Every major unbalancing problem in the game usually has a simple gameplay fix. They've turned the game into a "what kind of DPS would you like to be?" and totally killed most of the classes' identities.
Give me LoL Referals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users