Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DarkFall official epic thread.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
http://darkfallonline.com

heres some info

What is Darkfall?

Darkfall is a next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) currently in development.

What is a persistent world?
A persistent world is one that is always there and where the action never ends. The game keeps evolving even after you have logged off, as there are players still logged on and playing.

What do you mean by next generation?

By “Next Generation” we mean that while Darkfall was inspired by the pioneers of online role-playing games, such as Ultima Online, Everquest and Asheron’s Call, it has advanced features and technology never before seen in online games. We are confident that Darkfall will help to advance the genre further.

What kind of advanced features does Darkfall have?
Darkfall has most of the features one would associate with fantasy based MMORPGs, but also contains elements found in real-time strategy and action games. In Darkfall it’s the players and their actions that shape the world. We provide you with the platform and the tools to engage in grand activities such as kingdom building, politics, strategy, diplomacy, combat, warfare, conquest, and racial wars. We also offer you the freedom and the option to not get involved in any of that if you don’t want to, and to follow a path of your own.

Who is making this game?

Darkfall is being made by Aventurine SA, a company based in Athens, Greece.

Will Darkfall support many different languages?
Yes it will. Darkfall is an international game and it will support several languages

When is Beta?
Darkfall is currently in the final stages of internal beta testing. This means that the game is being tested in-house in preparation for public playtesting. You can fill out a clan beta application HERE. A beta registration form for individual testers will become available on this website soon.

Do I need to spend half my life playing this game to be any good?
Playing a lot will help you develop a stronger character, it will help you to improve your character handling skills, and it will familiarize you better with the world and the way it works. However, this game is not all about individual skill, and there will be a skill cap so characters can develop up to a point. There are many elements that come into play in Darkfall, and a casual player can have as much fun playing the game, and possibly be more successful than a hard core gamer, in some fields.

Do I need to be a twitchy gamer to be good?
Skill does come into play in combat, but so does intelligence, strategy, group tactics, preparation, equipment, conditions etc. There are many elements that will affect the outcome of a confrontation.

What camera view is used in Darkfall?

More on this soon

Can I play all races on the same server?

No you may not. This is something we have discussed at length, and we believe that it would allow for easy spying, taking away from the gaming experience. If you play an Alfar, for example, you may log on your Elf scout just to check if the Elven town of Charybdis is well defended at the moment or not. If you want to play a different race, you may do so on a different server / game world.

How do I tell my NPC hirelings what to do?
You can either give an NPC hireling a direct one-time order, such as "heal me", or you can set up a more permanent chain of orders, through an advanced NPC hireling interface in Darkfall. This advanced interface can tell the NPC hireling to heal you every time your health goes below say 10% of your max health. Obviously the NPC hireling must have the matching skills and spells to perform these actions.

NPC hirelings have skills and spells like players do. The more skills and/or spells an NPC hireling has, and the better skill and/or spell levels he has, the more gold he will require for his services.

Where will my character start out?
Your character will start his/her adventure near his/her racial capital, with little more than a name, some basic equipment, and a neutral alignment.

There’s alignment in Darkfall?
Yes there is. You start out with a neutral alignment, and based on your actions, this alignment changes. Turning evil is easy, although it doesn’t make for an easy life. Killing other characters unprovoked will get you there fast and this will make most guards, clans and other players attack you on sight. Changing your alignment towards good is a challenging and difficult process.

Will I need to level?

There is no leveling in Darkfall. Our advancement system is 100% skill based. If you want to learn to use the sword for example, you pick up the swordsmanship skill by learning it from an NPC or from another player and you advance this skill with use. You become a better swordsman over time and with practice, by actually using your sword while hunting or in combat.

What about character classes? How does character development work in Darkfall?

The rule is that there are no traditional character classes, or templates. We want to give the players total control of what and how they want to play. Customize your own character to suit your playing style best, without traditional templates to limit you. If you want to be an axe wielding Dwarven fighter you simply pick up the Axe skill, Axe Mastery, Parry, Dodge, Cleave and other linked skills. If you later decide that some magic would be nice as support, you pick up a few magic skills and spells as well. The same goes for trade skills. Want to be able to create weapons? Pick up Smithing and Weapon Crafting. Want to make clothing or work as a tailor for a while? Pick up Tailoring. No need to re-roll your character.
There is no way to "gimp" your character by picking the "wrong" skills or spells.
Get what you want, play as you want.
That being said - There is an option available to follow a class system: the Prestige classes described below.

What are the Prestige classes?
Prestige classes are special classes, like Paladin, Assassin, Gladiator, Enchanter etc. and it’s an optional path that you may choose for your character to follow. Picking a prestige class will in most cases give you a few special skills, a few special spells, and you will have a certain status. There are limitations, tradeoffs and restrictions playing a prestige class character. Druids for example may never use metal armor after they are initiated, and Paladins have to give half of their earnings to their church.

Prestige classes may be interesting to some players, and some classes may give you an extra reason to role-play, or maybe give you an edge in combat or crafting. There will be many interesting prestige classes for you to try out.

Picking a prestige class is not final - you can change class later, with some minor penalties. The easy route would have been to make picking a prestige class final, but we want to keep Darkfall as open ended as possible.

Can I customize my character’s look?

There are many ways you may customize your character to give him a unique look.

What happens when my character dies?
When your character dies he drops his items that remain on his corpse until looted, but the good news is that he’s resurrected at a spot you’ve previously selected.

How many races are there that I can choose from?
There are six main races that you may choose from: Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Mahirim, Orks and Alfar. You can read more about the different races here.

Does each race have unique properties?
Yes they do. We’ll speak more about these at a later date.

Will my character be able to swim?

Your character is capable of swimming, if he learns how to swim.

Does my character age?
There is no character aging in Darkfall.

What effect will eating or not eating have on my character?

We don’t want to add too many mundane everyday issues to Darkfall. However we do think that eating, or not, should affect your character. This means that if you are starving, your stats and skills will take a small penalty, and you will regenerate hit points, stamina and mana slightly slower than if you weren’t starving. Nothing big – you can’t die from hunger - just enough for it to make sense to have some food in your backpack.

We have trade skills such as farming, setting snares and hunting animals, and we are serious about having useful trade skills in Darkfall. Therefore eating is in the game, and players that enjoy farming, setting traps, baking, cooking, fishing, hunting, etc. can sell their wares to other players and actually be useful to others.

Will there be player owned houses?
Players will be able to set up houses of various sizes and design, ranging from small cottages to huge castles and citadels.

Can I design my own house?

Yes you can.

Will wearing armor affect running and swimming speed?
Yes. If you are wearing heavy armor, you will run and swim slightly slower than if you are wearing no armor at all.

More stuff on the website

]

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
Don't get TOO psyched about the game. I hear a lot of talk about the game never releasing. Who knows though, it sure looks good.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
  • Steam ID:100sph
  • Gamer Army ID:3335
  • Company:Delta
Sounds like a mix between runescape and eve.

Might be okay. I think the forced racial war is lame though.
The Blackman is God

Is this Battle Toads?

Is this Battle Toads?
  • Members
  • 26 posts
Darkfall trailer

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg

old one I think

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
Sounds cool

79577008.png

jam3z121

jam3z121
  • Members
  • 41 posts
it does sound very good and i will probably play if warhammer isnt all that great.

i doubt the game will be "revolutionary" though, the 100% skill based stuff sounds cool.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
hmm yea, but they'll release ages away, Theres so many coming out nowadays and so much better graphic machines and stuff. If they keep delaying, they will never release it

]

Cranks

Cranks
  • GA Private
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Games, Climbing, Power Ranges....
  • Gamer Army ID:1201
  • Company:Gamma
pff

this game is a joke i mean really what has it been since it was accouned like 8 years?

ethier its a joke or by now the client is about 100gb big >.<

jam3z121

jam3z121
  • Members
  • 41 posts
i think it might be good ( im currently considering it) im just still up in the air about how to they plan to implement everything... 100% player made citys and such.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Pretty sure this game is ending up to be "Darkfail."

It had potential, but it wasn't released when that potential would have been an awesome game. Now it's going to be a dated game, that might get 100K people tops especially for P2P.

Hitman

Hitman
  • Members
  • 345 posts
Game sounds awesome, shame however it will no doubt be vapourware.

Xpose

Xpose
  • Members
  • 32 posts
this thread should be renamed to

Darkfall Official epic fail thread

This game is never coming out been int he making for like 10 years

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
Thank you for that valuable input into this thread.

]

Bullet Proof

Bullet Proof
  • Members
  • 936 posts
  • Interests:stuff.
More like "DarkFail."

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Bullet Proof @ Jul 22 2008, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More like "DarkFail."

Wow, it mazes me how retards like you can survive, you must have your mommy still feeding you, other wise you would have starved by now.

On topic. It looks good. If it comes out with everything it is supposed to be it will be a great game. And who ever sead it would be dated needs to be shot. Flashy images don't sell a game, the game play dos. If your playing a game just because it looks pretty you should just stop posting here and go back to jacking off to Night Elfs in World of Warcraft because that is about the extent of your existence you pathetic piece of shit.

Duper Man

Duper Man
  • Members
  • 93 posts
QUOTE (Dricod @ Jul 22 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, it mazes me how retards like you can survive, you must have your mommy still feeding you, other wise you would have starved by now.

On topic. It looks good. If it comes out with everything it is supposed to be it will be a great game. And who ever sead it would be dated needs to be shot. Flashy images don't sell a game, the game play dos. If your playing a game just because it looks pretty you should just stop posting here and go back to jacking off to Night Elfs in World of Warcraft because that is about the extent of your existence you pathetic piece of shit.

maybe you should look into the history of the game before you start calling people retards, retard.

the idea of this game is a great one but it will never come out, and if it does it wont be all they want it to be, therefore.. Darkfail.

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Duper Man @ Jul 23 2008, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe you should look into the history of the game before you start calling people retards, retard.

the idea of this game is a great one but it will never come out, and if it does it wont be all they want it to be, therefore.. Darkfail.

you are the only thing that fails at this point kiddo. The History of the game shows me ONE thing, that the developers would rather push back then put out a complete piece of shit game, to bad other companys would do the same thing.

And you have no clue what there doing, or what it takes to create a game so before your pathetic piece of shit ass starts to talk shit about people doing something why don't you get off your ass and leave your computer for once in your pathetic life.

The game looks good, it sounds good, its just to bad they don't have thousands of people to work on it like that crap fest WoW, then we just might have a good game out for once instead of the same old generic crap.

zalzaron

zalzaron
  • Members
  • 214 posts
QUOTE (Dricod @ Jul 23 2008, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are the only thing that fails at this point kiddo. The History of the game shows me ONE thing, that the developers would rather push back then put out a complete piece of shit game, to bad other companys would do the same thing.

So the developers of duke nukem forever must be like your heroes or something?

Seriously, this game has been in the making for soooo long, it's not just pushing it back, they are just pretending, their is most likely not a game at all, just a few screens and some small model work. It's hardly more then vapour-ware. If a game is in production (after being announced) for more then 10 years, you have to be really gullable to think it's ever comming out.

I used to be excited about the game, but then i learned just how long it was allready bein developed without anything to really show for it. That was 3 years ago, im glad i didn't wait around hoping for it to get released. Im guessing the website has a "donation" section by now for all the nice visitors to the site to send their money to the "developers".

And you have no clue what there doing, or what it takes to create a game so before your pathetic piece of shit ass starts to talk shit about people doing something why don't you get off your ass and leave your computer for once in your pathetic life.

What the hell is this comment really good for? It's just you going on a childish rant trying to insult people, it only distracts from any point you might want to make, and it's sure as hell not going to make him go "well maybe that guy has a point".

The game looks good, it sounds good, its just to bad they don't have thousands of people to work on it like that crap fest WoW, then we just might have a good game out for once instead of the same old generic crap.

If you find WoW a crapfest, then either you should play EVE, or MMO games just arn't your cup of tea.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I'm not an idiot because this game will be dated. I never specified on WHAT was dated. Learn to read, or was the graphics thing some sort of a slip because they bug you inside. Yet your fanboyism covered it up and made you defensive about it?

Honestly, the game WILL be dated when it's released. It's going to play and feel like a game that should have been released years ago. That's how I felt about STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl. Which was a great game, but it felt like it came out 3-4 years prior to it's actual release.

This game if it's ever released will feel old, and bad. People will be like "Wow, trip back in time? How was I conned into paying full retail price for this?" That's why it'll fail, it doesn't take a scientist to realise that longer production time (10 Years?) does not = a better game.

The only company who's ever had successful pushbacks has been Blizzard and VALVe. Why? Because they didn't push the game back for multiple years, maybe one and a couple months tops. You and I very well know if Duke Nukem Forever doesn't pull a rabbit out of its asshole and give the most rewarding excellent FPS gameplay to date, people are going to crusify it yeah?

Also, I've never seen any mention of this game until this thread, and I enjoy MMO's.

Final comment, take your flamming elsewhere. Or atleast learn not to be a fanboy and rage every time someone points out the flaws in your favourite things.

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Jul 25 2008, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not an idiot because this game will be dated. I never specified on WHAT was dated. Learn to read, or was the graphics thing some sort of a slip because they bug you inside. Yet your fanboyism covered it up and made you defensive about it?

Honestly, the game WILL be dated when it's released. It's going to play and feel like a game that should have been released years ago. That's how I felt about STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl. Which was a great game, but it felt like it came out 3-4 years prior to it's actual release.

This game if it's ever released will feel old, and bad. People will be like "Wow, trip back in time? How was I conned into paying full retail price for this?" That's why it'll fail, it doesn't take a scientist to realise that longer production time (10 Years?) does not = a better game.

The only company who's ever had successful pushbacks has been Blizzard and VALVe. Why? Because they didn't push the game back for multiple years, maybe one and a couple months tops. You and I very well know if Duke Nukem Forever doesn't pull a rabbit out of its asshole and give the most rewarding excellent FPS gameplay to date, people are going to crusify it yeah?

Also, I've never seen any mention of this game until this thread, and I enjoy MMO's.

Final comment, take your flamming elsewhere. Or atleast learn not to be a fanboy and rage every time someone points out the flaws in your favourite things.

Ok so because I am not a complete moron like you and pull shit out of my ass I am a "fanboy" now? Get over your self kiddo. And your obveasly not very in to the MMO world is you have never heard of the game before this thread.

Your not very bright so let me fill you in on a few things. Blizzard has thousands of people working for them, thousands of people worked on World Of Warcraft and it still got pushed back close to a year from its projected shelf date, the guys behind DarkFall have a hundred or so working for them, and not only that BUT unlike the people at blizzard there not just copy and pasting everything out of the source code from other games, there actually creating something new for MMOs, witch is a lot more then Blizzard can say about any of its MMO games.

And as far as the game feeling "old", where did you pull that bullshit from? When/If DarkFall is put out it will be one of the most up to date games, why? Because unlike the crap fest that is out now (WoW, AoC, EvE) it is about the GAME and not pretty little colors, they are putting game play first, that is why it is being pushed back, because they are acualy working on something that will be fun to play, and balanced. Witch is a lot more then Blizzard can say about any of its resent relises or any of them scedualed to come out.

But its ok kiddo, you can keep your false dreams going about how you are all knowing and know what your talking about. Its ok, I'm shour your mommy still thinks your special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users