Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DarkFall official epic thread.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Rav4ge

Rav4ge
  • GA Private
  • 155 posts
  • Steam ID:qudder
  • Gamer Army ID:4537
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Mar 26 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please link where the reception has been good.

It's a new MMO, being developed by a new developer. What would you expect? Of course there are going to be server stability issues, but the game itself is getting good reception.

Indulge yourself: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=darkfall+review icon_smile.gif

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Cheese Doodle Enigma @ Mar 27 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a new MMO, being developed by a new developer. What would you expect? Of course there are going to be server stability issues, but the game itself is getting good reception.

Indulge yourself: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=darkfall+review icon_smile.gif

I didn't ask for Google.
Because with Google, you get reviews about a totally different game (Remember, there's "Dark Fall", then there's "Darkfall Online"), and scant reviews from a whole different set of sources.

I want comprehensive reviews where anyone said anything good about the game.

I mean, even Metacritic has NOTHING on this game.
It's almost like it doesn't exist.

So many people, during it's development time, praised this game as the second coming.
It's going to blow every other MMO out of the water.
WoW-killer for sure.

And now that's it been released to cricket chirps, none of these people are to be found?

I mean, I WANT this game to be good.
I really do.
It had some good ideas. But I'm not willing to throw myself in the deep end and see how it works out.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I completely agree with Shadowninja. I have been around the Darkfall threads since they've been out and I've been very skeptic since the begining, and for a long time the game has been Vapourware. But, as for what me an Shadowninja have said. There has been almost NOTHING said of the game.

The people who were praising it as the second coming, mysteriously disappeared, as fast as they appeared. To me, that reeks of failure, that the people who were preaching to us before about the game, aren't here trying to convert from our heathen ways and follow the light. I expected them for y'know the first 1-2 weeks to be so absoarbed in the game that they wouldn't be around but now? I seriously have doubt's they'll even mention the game ever again.

I'm begging to be proved wrong here, but as Shadowninja said; there's been dick all in the fact that this game is even alive.

Rav4ge

Rav4ge
  • GA Private
  • 155 posts
Keen over at Keen and Graev's Gaming Blog has been saying good things about it (minus the queue times -_-) as well as the members in his clan (check out the forums).

I see where you're coming from ShadowNinja, I agree. The game is in a very poor state right now and I'm hoping it does get better. If not, it's a good step forward in the industry, maybe newer games will pick up on what the Darkfall guys have been doing in terms of actual gameplay. I'm all for that.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
QUOTE (Cheese Doodle Enigma @ Mar 29 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keen over at Keen and Graev's Gaming Blog has been saying good things about it (minus the queue times -_-) as well as the members in his clan (check out the forums).

I see where you're coming from ShadowNinja, I agree. The game is in a very poor state right now and I'm hoping it does get better. If not, it's a good step forward in the industry, maybe newer games will pick up on what the Darkfall guys have been doing in terms of actual gameplay. I'm all for that.

Your link brings me to the point I was talking about before.

I can NEVER trust blogs.
Dear Lord, from that one link I was brought to 3 other blogs, where each were about Darkfall, but had massively varying opinions.
That's no problem.

But instead of being professional about it, these people attack each other like dogs and most are extremely biased.
None of them maintain neutrality except for your initial link.

God, blog feuds are a pain to read...

In the meantime, I guess I'll wait, watch how the games goes, let it progress a bit before I see whether or not it's worth playing.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Rav4ge

Rav4ge
  • GA Private
  • 155 posts
A trial would be nice. I hate how it takes most MMOs a few months before they even start offering trials.

I was gonna buy DarkFall but I think I'll play it safe and wait.

wolf_1

wolf_1
  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:your mom, your sister, your aunt, your daughter, your niece, your grandmother.
i was able to buy a copy at 11am pst icon_smile.gif

it sold out 3 minutes after.

korvos666

korvos666
  • Members
  • 3 posts
lul Darkfall is pretty epic i'm part of TheMercs u prolly heard of us were toal pro but like purepwnage u should get it like do a vid on it it's toal pro and ya

Edited by korvos666, 22 March 2010 - 09:32 AM.

Teh_Smell

Teh_Smell
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (korvos666 @ Apr 15 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lul Darkfall is pretty epic i'm part of TheMercs u prolly heard of us were toal pro but like purepwnage u should get it like do a vid on it it's toal pro and ya

This is your first post, so I'll go easy on you, but from now on, do not talk like that.
QUOTE(Boyces Mom)
How do I shot web?

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
I hear its pretty much leaked/out now. Whats it like? Anyone dipped the tip in yet? First Reviews? Opinions?

]

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (darkhen @ Jul 22 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear its pretty much leaked/out now. Whats it like? Anyone dipped the tip in yet? First Reviews? Opinions?

Here's some info...

http://forums.purepw...showtopic=87534
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Dhal

Dhal
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Steam ID:0:0:2359606
http://alerttheclutch.blogspot.com/

first vid has a lot of decent footage. well all of it is really, but the first one gives you an ok glimpse of what the game's like. they fixed a lot of the lag issues people were having during sieges. 200+ vs 200+ can still get kinda choppy.

Rav4ge

Rav4ge
  • GA Private
  • 155 posts
QUOTE (Teh_Smell @ Apr 18 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is your first post, so I'll go easy on you, but from now on, do not talk like that.
That made my day.

So yeah, this game is pretty much vapourware. Good ideas but (as usual) poorly executed. Kinda sad, I was hoping this one would be better :|

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
QUOTE (Rav4ge @ Sep 23 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So yeah, this game is pretty much vapourware. Good ideas but (as usual) poorly executed. Kinda sad, I was hoping this one would be better :|

wat

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
With recent updates, recent (fast) fixing of updates and such. I will be trying this game in the very near future. (After Finals.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users