Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

is metalcore real genre of music?

* - - - - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

moor w rot

moor w rot
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:reading, philosophy, funny t-shirts,rebelling against the normal, pool. physic ,biology. maths,making vidoes.
  • Xbox / GFWL:
  • Wii:
is metalcore genre of music ? i have to say yes win my opinion because it has it own style and favour to it . to that maakes its own genre.

Corey

Corey
  • Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • Interests:Music, owning, women
QUOTE (moor w rot @ May 29 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is metalcore genre of music ? i have to say yes win my opinion because it has it own style and favour to it . to that maakes its own genre.

Genre is entirely up the fans, even if the fans couldn't tell good music if it shoved it's melodic foot up their ass. So in short, of course it's a genre because there's about 50 million 15 year old weiners who attest to it. I'll accept its existence even though I think it completely blows chunks in almost every single category.
user posted image

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
A bad genre is still a genre.
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

w4r10r

w4r10r
  • Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:d4rkply4
  • Interests:Gaming, obviously, but i also play a lot of guitar.
  • Steam ID:w4r10r
  • Xbox / GFWL:w4r10r
  • Wii:5863278811979727
QUOTE (Verrückter @ May 29 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Genius. I fucking love you.
QUOTE (Christron @ Mar 7 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you fucking kidding me? i would totally use that as my comedy act at school, bitches love feces, ever seen 2girls1cup?

QUOTE (Verrückter @ May 29 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eoa

Eoa
  • Members
  • 593 posts
Botch wins.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Verrückter @ May 29 2008, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

79577008.png

moor w rot

moor w rot
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:reading, philosophy, funny t-shirts,rebelling against the normal, pool. physic ,biology. maths,making vidoes.
  • Xbox / GFWL:
  • Wii:
this is not about wither not it is good or not . who has the right to say that a genre of music suscks because we all dont like the same type of music.
what make it genre? and why do poeple think it is not a genre?

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
QUOTE (moor w rot @ Jun 2 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is not about wither not it is good or not . who has the right to say that a genre of music suscks because we all dont like the same type of music.
what make it genre? and why do poeple think it is not a genre?

I do, because over 95% of the genre is exactly the same thing.

Also no one is saying it's not a genre...
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Gruffalo

Gruffalo
  • Banned
  • 89 posts
Verrückter wins this thread, which I also voted "one" due to the OP being a douche.

tankian

tankian
  • GA Private
  • 583 posts
  • xfire:Tankianfan
  • PSN:Tankian
  • Gamer Army ID:3496
  • Company:Bravo
definently a genre of its own, since it has subgenres, and isnt really strictly metal or hradcorce. and as for if its any good, the only real metalcore I listen to is a little mathcore band (if thats eve considered in the same league as metalcore) called THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN!!

moor w rot

moor w rot
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:
  • Wii:
when you turn to metal you find that the band has more freedom with their music and the over sound that is reproduced. therefore it can be hard to where metal bands fit genre wise. so at some point there has to be a knew metal sub-catory to own for the freedom of creativity. i say the genre of the music does not matter because i believe that you should listen to arrange of music.

on the debate of is metalcore real genre of music? i say at the moment that it sub-genre .that mit evrently turn to a genre.

Eoa

Eoa
  • Members
  • 593 posts
QUOTE (moor w rot @ Jun 4 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
knew metal sub-catory

nuff said, thread over.

moor w rot

moor w rot
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:
  • Wii:
QUOTE (Eoa @ Jun 6 2008, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nuff said, thread over.

get over it you can share the same opinion with someone . You cannot be a complete individual. it is against the making of the human

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts
You're a whack job.

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
QUOTE (moor w rot @ Jun 7 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get over it you can share the same opinion with someone . You cannot be a complete individual. it is against the making of the human

What the fuck are you on about?

moor w rot

moor w rot
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:
  • Wii:
QUOTE (Verrückter @ Jun 3 2008, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do, because over 95% of the genre is exactly the same thing.

Also no one is saying it's not a genre...

that so half time i cant tell where they belong . sso why does the genre matter it just have to sound good.

moor w rot

moor w rot
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:
  • Wii:
QUOTE (Verrückter @ Jun 8 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the fuck are you on about?

you want to know what im fucking on about. sometime people think there opinion is ao unique they attack people if they have the same view do you want more details

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (moor w rot @ Jun 21 2008, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you want to know what im fucking on about. sometime people think there opinion is ao unique they attack people if they have the same view do you want more details

Yes.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
Hey, you're using writing techniques too advanced for you. Stick to one idea per post.

QUOTE (moor w rot @ Jun 21 2008, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that so half time i cant tell where they belong . sso why does the genre matter it just have to sound good.

YOU are the one asking if it's a genre or not.

QUOTE (moor w rot @ Jun 21 2008, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... And what doe this have to do about metalcore?

This thread fails on epic proportions.

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:techno ninjacus
/ignores incomprehensible gibberish

Metal core is a genre, thi is proves by the fact that you have named it such and we knew what you were talking about (at first) It may not be an awesome genre, but it's there, waiting, waiting ever so patiently for it's time in the limelight, probably thinking 'WTF, all i got was one damn thread and that was to decide whether i existed or not'. Poor metalcore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users