Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bacon!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
QUOTE (eedok @ May 29 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here we call it back bacon.

funny, here we call those cops.

Same as american cheese.. we say american cheese while in america. While technically every cheese in america is american, you don't turn it into a shitty Jerry Seinfeld routine... you just get a slice of fucking cheese.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Christron @ May 29 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny, here we call those cops.

Same as american cheese.. we say american cheese while in america. While technically every cheese in america is american, you don't turn it into a shitty Jerry Seinfeld routine... you just get a slice of fucking cheese.

What would the cheese be called if it wasn't "American Cheese"? You can just say give me some cheese. They'll have no idea what kind you want.

Oh, according to wiki if I don't call it American Cheese I should just call it processed cheese or store cheese. So it has no real name besides "American Cheese" icon_wink.gif

Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
QUOTE (cadetduke @ May 29 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would the cheese be called if it wasn't "American Cheese"? You can just say give me some cheese. They'll have no idea what kind you want.

Oh, according to wiki if I don't call it American Cheese I should just call it processed cheese or store cheese. So it has no real name besides "American Cheese" icon_wink.gif

an occasional educated man will come along and say processed cheese, but most educated men don't eat that horseshit anyway. Plus the word "processed" doesn't really make your cheese sound appetizing, while "American" on the other hand makes it good to the last drop

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
I had honestly never heard of "Canadian bacon" until a couple years ago, and have still never tried it.

Now normal bacon on the other hand is fucking delicious and made of win.
IPB Image

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
My favorite meal ever is pretty particular. It has to be around 1 on a week-end morning (or day, depending on your lifestyle). Preferably hungover, definitely hungry. I have a cabin up in the mountains here, so ideally that would be the setting. My dad has this skittle and he tosses bacon, eggs and toast onto it, then heats up some baked beans. Throw some fried tomatoes in there, some hot sauce, and it is the most satisfying breakfast in the world. Eating that outside, on a crisp mountain day, with women to clean up after me and the sun high in the sky...
Being human is sometimes so rewarding.

But anyway, lol at "Canadian bacon." I've never, ever heard anything ordered like that here. As the wise eedok said, it's a joke. Now leave me alone whilst I watch the Mummy Returns.
Imothep = badass.

Cypher.bleu

Cypher.bleu
  • Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • xfire:wilsonwws
I think bacon's overrated.
Gets boring after like a plate.

<3

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:techno ninjacus
QUOTE (Cypher.bleu @ May 29 2008, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think bacon's overrated.
Gets boring after like a plate.

<3

A plate?, after a pig or two maybe, but a plate?

SonicPsycho

SonicPsycho
  • Members
  • 650 posts
  • xfire:sonicpsycho
  • Interests:Getting an Xbox 360.
  • Xbox / GFWL:SonicPsycho
  • PSN:SonicPsycho23
  • Wii:6643801071265543
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYtJ89Kakc

Skip to 02:26, and that's a nearly exact depiction of me when bacon is in the vicinity. IT'S BACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
Question: what can you do with 1 kg of bacon?

Answer: be fucking happy :-D

(actually, I only used 1/4 of that pack to cook some fuckin awesome spaghetti a la carbonara last saturday... I still have 3/4 of it waiting in the freezer)

BTW here's the original recipe!

Ingredienti
600 gr di spaghetti, 120 gr di guanciale (o pancetta), uno spicchio d’aglio, due uova, 100 gr di formaggio parmigiano misto a pecorino grattugiato, olio extravergine d’oliva, sale e pepe

Preparazione
Cuocere gli spaghetti in abbondante acqua salata. Intanto tagliare il guanciale a listarelle, metterlo in una grande padella con poco olio e l’aglio schiacciato; soffriggere finché il guanciale sarà ben rosato. Togliere l’aglio. A parte sbattere le uova con un pizzico di sale e un poco di pecorino. Quando la pasta sarà cotta, scolarla e passarla nella padella col guanciale, abbassare al minimo il fuoco ed unire le uova sbattute. Mescolare per un minuto, poi togliere dal fuoco, condire con il rimanente pecorino, mescolare ancora e servire caldo.

LOL

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
QUOTE (SonicPsycho @ May 29 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<a href="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYtJ89Kakc" target="_blank">http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYtJ89Kakc</a>

Skip to 02:26, and that's a nearly exact depiction of me when bacon is in the vicinity. IT'S BACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

I lol'd. funny vid.

Bacon > you all. Kthx.
Posted Image

Cypher.bleu

Cypher.bleu
  • Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • xfire:wilsonwws
QUOTE (techno-ninja @ May 29 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A plate?, after a pig or two maybe, but a plate?

haha.. okay, a big plate.

It's not that I don't find it awesome, it's just not that awesome. There are many other foods I can think of that I'd rather have and more satisfying.

Lord Kabab

Lord Kabab
  • GA Private
  • 1,158 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (really??), IT, hardware, Football (round-ball), Japanese language.
  • Steam ID:lordkabab
  • PSN:lordkabab
  • Gamer Army ID:2687
  • Company:Nu
if i have bacon on a sangwich, it cant be too crispy, on it's own, i have pretty damn crispy, also, the american teacher studen said Canadian bacon is nomal bacon that is shaped like ham.

i dont what the fuck she meant by that.
stupid Michigan.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (arcade_freek @ May 29 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question: what can you do with 1 kg of bacon?

But... but...

'TIS PANCHETA!

Either way, pancheta is win. Not exactly bacon per-se, but it's close enough.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (SN3S @ May 30 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'TIS PANCHETA!

Never had it before icon_sad.gif Looks more like Ham than bacon. Looks good though.

Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts
Corn Flakes.

Wait...

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ May 30 2008, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Corn Flakes.

Wait...

Bacon

Sirko

Sirko
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,026 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:41
For you Canadians- what he means by 'Canadian bacon' is what you call 'back bacon'. Not what country it comes from...

wiki to back me up
because you know, wiki is reliable ALL the time.
"In the United States, back bacon is called Canadian-style bacon or Canadian bacon but this term refers usually to the lean ovoid portion.[3] "

"What the US terms Canadian bacon is actually back bacon rolled in cornmeal.[citation needed] In Canada it is called peameal bacon, whereas bacon is used generally to refer to strip bacon, which is more common to the Canadian diet."
^
|
|

that parts not necessarily true to my observance.
<11101001> Peace Rules

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
QUOTE (Sirko @ May 30 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For you Canadians- what he means by 'Canadian bacon' is what you call 'back bacon'. Not what country it comes from...

wiki to back me up
because you know, wiki is reliable ALL the time.
"In the United States, back bacon is called Canadian-style bacon or Canadian bacon but this term refers usually to the lean ovoid portion.[3] "

"What the US terms Canadian bacon is actually back bacon rolled in cornmeal.[citation needed] In Canada it is called peameal bacon, whereas bacon is used generally to refer to strip bacon, which is more common to the Canadian diet."
^
|
|

that parts not necessarily true to my observance.

In the end, does it really matter what it is called as long as it's still salted pig? Thats what matters tbh, bacon fo all

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (SN3S @ May 30 2008, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not exactly bacon per-se, but it's close enough.

but... but... pancetta is a KIND of bacon :'-(

anyway, it's mine... my preciouuuussss... smoked, in my fridge, just for meeee.... xD

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (arcade_freek @ May 30 2008, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yum

sorry, I don't speak culinary spanish.. it seems like a bit of waste to use bacon in a spaghetti though.. they're two entirely different things.. there's no synergy D:

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users