Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pure Pwnage is horribl

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Kilghas

Kilghas
  • GA Private
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:Mates<br />Going out<br />Computers<br />Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kilghas
  • Gamer Army ID:3252
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ May 21 2008, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and pandering to the mainstream halo crowd.

If it weren't for the great community I'd be long gone icon_razz.gif

How so?? And you're new to the community?? icon_confused.gif
SBAG Survivor
QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 8 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As cool as this would be, It's not going to happen. If it does, I'll post nudes.

QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 15 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah and about those nudes I promised...

QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 20 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOOK, when i joined the damn FB group it had like 30k members.

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Forums isn't the only part of the community
QUOTE (Kilghas @ May 21 2008, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How so??

By focusing on a new flavor of the month game every episode. DoA, halo, CoD4, rockband etc....$20 says GTA will be in the next episode.
And for the out of place addition of 'hip' elements to the show(sudden fascination with raps, introduction of the "ethnic" character)

QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Apr 23 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread delivers.

bgHopper

bgHopper
  • Members
  • 119 posts
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ May 21 2008, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...introduction of the "ethnic" character

Dave's been on the show since ep3, man.

BertL

BertL
  • Members
  • 780 posts
On top of that, it's about gamers. Popular games are bound to show up. It was like that in the early days with Zero Hour, Counter Strike and World of Warcraft as well. Although Zero Hour had been in there since the beginning, CS:S and WoW came in later, together with the "new characters".
Spread the Love!
POO

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
  • Company:Alpha
PP shirts .... FTW
PP music ... FTW
GA .... FTMFW

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
Fuck sakes... people keep making topic titles that like to confuse us; this is like the sixth time! enough damnit!
Come at me bro

Skrie

Skrie

PP Lifetime Achievement & Overall Best PP Contributer 08

• GA Corporal
  • 3,180 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:7
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ May 21 2008, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol picking up chicks at the bar must be real easy with an arsenal of PP shirts to wear. icon_razz.gif

Dude... professional models fight ammong themselves about whom can have sex with me. icon_smile.gif

lawl... nah they don't... I always get questions about the shirts...
and never a possitive respons to my explanation icon_sad.gif

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Skrie @ May 21 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lawl... nah they don't... I always get questions about the shirts...
and never a possitive respons to my explanation icon_sad.gif

I get a lot of positive responses, which I didn't expect. Maybe it's because I live in Montana and everyone is braindead when it comes to games and computers so when I tell them I'm in a "Gamer Army" they think I'm a fucking genius.

And my friends will always say shit like "Yep...he's...good at games." People go fucking hysterical. I don't know what the hell it is. They think it is the neatest thing ever. Especially older folks, haha.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ May 21 2008, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forums isn't the only part of the community

By focusing on a new flavor of the month game every episode. DoA, halo, CoD4, rockband etc....$20 says GTA will be in the next episode.
And for the out of place addition of 'hip' elements to the show(sudden fascination with raps, introduction of the "ethnic" character)

You're the kind of person who sticks his nose in the air when that band they have liked for so long finally gets a record deal and "sells out" aren't you?

Considering the show was made for the CNC community before anyone ever thought it would be a series, obviously the first couple episodes were about CNC.

And then what happens? Oh shit here comes FPS_doug. Better not pander to that damn mainstream FPS community, cause no one has ever heard of Counter-Strike before. Oh no! Not Dave! A hip ethnic character!

Oh great now they are making songs! World of Warcraft!? I will never watch PP again, pandering to that damn WoW crowd and riding its success to get more viewers! SHAMELESS! And now there is a female character!? Way to bring in even more viewers! And what the hell is this? It has a STORY now!?

Oh god no! Dave is playing yet ANOTHER game? STREET FIGHTER!? NOOOOOOOOO!

PP has been changing, evolving, and adding new types of material and games in every fucking episode since "about episode 3" when you started watching but now you start bitching about it?

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
lol chill the fuck out yo. Don't get all butthurt if I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to. And stop taking everything I said out of context.

A lot of people feel the same way I do. I know 3 rl friends and several old time community members who even stopped watching the episodes altogether for the same reasons. The show has changed...and some of us who fell in love with the old PP don't necessarily have the same dedication to this new direction.
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Apr 23 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread delivers.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ May 21 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol chill the fuck out yo. Don't get all butthurt if I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to.

And stop taking everything I said out of context.

Sorry it just blew my mind that someone would say something so stupid.

And yeah, I didn't take anything you said out of context so I don't know what you are going on about there.

BertL

BertL
  • Members
  • 780 posts
I agree that the show has changed. But it has been changing since episode 1. Maybe "evolved" or "progressed" might be better words to describe what happened in the "history of Pure Pwnage". Of course they needed to 'change' the show's setup and everything in order to keep the show running and the fans happy; you can't build 16 episodes around test footage of a pro talking about how he pwns noobs in Zero Hour. (Which was, essentially, how the show started.) It stopped being about that in episode 2, when the concept of girlies was announced (not to mention Dave, the "ethnic" character). Episode 3 derailed further, with (wtf? FPS? Thaznotzerohour!) Doug. Episode 4: woah, teh_masterer? Episode 6: WoW. So the introduction of new characters and games is nothing new.

But you are essentially right. The show did get more fancy, now having premieres and longer episodes and more new games and stuff like that. It's mostly a dream come true for two guys, making a huge successful show from what started out as some test footage. I think it's good that the show now has a budget to lean on. It gives much more interesting stuff and far more possibilities in terms of story, locations, games etcetera.
Spread the Love!
POO

serial_

serial_
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, teh Interweb...<br /><br />...and...<br /><br />...The_Duchess.
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ May 21 2008, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry it just blew my mind that someone would say something so stupid.

And yeah, I didn't take anything you said out of context so I don't know what you are going on about there.

<3 u anat =)
Blog of Epic Amazing Randomness: http://www.epic-blog.com

I defeat, in a humilating manner, those who are inexperienced at the games that I play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users