Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem building PC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

eXphoid

eXphoid
  • GA Private
  • 15 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3739
I have a 15" LCD Compaq 1501 monitor that I got in 2002 and it works fine w/vista...
IPB Image

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
QUOTE (deathreign209 @ May 18 2008, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the lack of replies, yes I've tried waiting, and no I've never installed a graphics card, it's just a straight up motherboard. My specs are....

AMD Athlon 64 bit 4000+ processor
Excelstor 150 gb hard drive 7200rpm
Biostar (something or other) Motherboard (socket am2)
Geforce 8400 gs gfx card (not installed)
ASUS- dvd rom
500w power supply

All I can think of that can pertain to the problem.

You need to be more informative. You haven't installed a GPU? Does your mobo have onboard VGA or something? Install the damn GPU already.

Da_maniaC

Da_maniaC
  • Members
  • 89 posts
QUOTE (RaiDer @ May 18 2008, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need to be more informative. You haven't installed a GPU? Does your mobo have onboard VGA or something? Install the damn GPU already.

That could be causing problems too.....

If its a motherboard with onboard VGA then it sounds like your display adapter priority is set up wrong.
You could try what the motherboard does with the graphics card installed, or do a CMOS reset and all should be fine.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
lol Dell CRT monitor that came with my Dimension eons (like seven years or something) ago ftw (using Vista).

If that doesn't prove that it's not Vista idk what does.

deathreign209

deathreign209
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Well here's the problem, I can't even finish the windows installation, it does all the BIOS beginning stuff, hit f1 to continue, loads, then goes blank, and doesn't continue, I let my aunt's grandfather try and fix it and I should be getting it back soon, he said it may be possible that it's the operating system because I can't continue installation, but then there's also the fact that the GPU was installed once, at the beginning, but displayed not even the BIOS or any other menu, so I took it out and put the monitor into the motherboard slot, by the way, the motherboard is this...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138038
Probably is that the onboard graphics suck major balls. Anyways, anyone else from here on refer to that.

FrozenInferno

FrozenInferno
  • GA Private
  • 996 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:238
Start it right before something that takes a lot of your time and attention starts (ie, school), then come back and keep going. My Vista install did this. I started it around 7AM, it was black, went to school, got home at 4PM and it wasn't.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
lol, thats how i do stuff too. especially torrents. just cut them on, go to sleep, go to work, come home, hey look, 4 or 5 movies for me to pick from tonight!

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (deathreign209 @ May 20 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well here's the problem, I can't even finish the windows installation, it does all the BIOS beginning stuff, hit f1 to continue, loads, then goes blank, and doesn't continue, I let my aunt's grandfather try and fix it and I should be getting it back soon, he said it may be possible that it's the operating system because I can't continue installation, but then there's also the fact that the GPU was installed once, at the beginning, but displayed not even the BIOS or any other menu, so I took it out and put the monitor into the motherboard slot, by the way, the motherboard is this...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138038
Probably is that the onboard graphics suck major balls. Anyways, anyone else from here on refer to that.

Basic.. but make sure the onboard is OFF when using a different video card.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users