Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Definitive Console Games You Must Play Thread!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Alright, so this thread was the brainchild of Rehd and I, due to the influx of "what games should I get" threads.

Rules
-If you suggest a game, give us an in-depth (but short) reason why.

E.G. Halo 3 - Great Online, and the story is pretty fun with co-op. Lots of customization options for your character as well. Space environment gives the FPS a bit of a fresher feeling as well.

If you don't provide a reason why, then I'll just delete your post, mkay? icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
Handheld Games You Should Play / Look At

PSP

Nintendo DS

Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice series for the DS:
Visual novel style games revolving around defense attorneys who must defend their highly suspect clients. Highly rated and popular games with enthralling gameplay, great music and likeable characters . Not really a game if you are looking for fast action or explosions but definitely deserve a play if you can deal with a lot of text. (Recommended by Garamiah)

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
Console Games You Should Play / Look At

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Chrono Trigger

This is widely considered to be the best RPG, nay, the best game of all time. Amazing graphics for the SNES, a deep involving story, multiple characters, time travel, multiple endings, and one of the best musical scores available on the 16 bit consoles. You cannot consider yourself a gamer until you have played through this game, at least 5 times. (recommended by Rljohn)

Nintendo 64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Generally accepted as the greatest game of all time. Amazing graphics, gameplay and story that is still great even to this very day. Whether you're a Nintenfag, Sonyfag or Xboxfag, you need to at least try this game once in your life. I've played through the game at least 5 times and am playing through it again right now. It still feels fresh to me. It's fucking unbelievable really. Find the N64 version or the Gamecube ports on eBay, or buy it off the Virtual Console. (recommended by Anth0ny)

Game Boy Advance

Fire Emblem 7

If you love Advance Wars on the GBA/DS, then this is must get. Rather than tanks and guns, the game uses Knights, Sword wielders and the like. But beware, once a unit is killed, it is gone forever! A triangle system is used and explained, telling you which weapon you should equip to give you an advantage over the enemie. Just as Pokemon, where Water > Fire, Fire > Grass and Grass > Water, the game takes the 3 main weapons, the Axe, Sword and Lance and puts them into a triangle. Axe > Lance, Lance > Sword and Sword > Axe. The game also uses a level up and EXP. system, where you can level up each character and gain EXP. from defeating enemies. The max level you can reach is level 20. After you reach level 10, you can 'upgrade' the character using a set item, which will boost their stats and sometimes give them new weapons to use. This game is quite low profile, with many gamers over looking and missing this wonderful game. I would recomend it anyone who enjoys the old Pokemon 'leveling up' system which is linked to an emotional story. (recommended by Ali-A)

Nintendo Gamecube

Killer 7 (Also on Playstation 2)
If I explain why you should play it, it would defeat the purpose of playing the game as any information could spoil the entire game. If you read any reviews or pretty much any information on the game it will severely ruin the game for you, most likely. However, I will say it's an on-rails shooter where you can switch between multiple characters who all have a different gun. (recommended by UDP)

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes for gamecube

Why Gamecube version?
This is a redo of the metal gear solid for the playstation. If you are like me and love old school games but absolutely hate the graphics then this would be the version to get. In the first one I found it was a bit harder to see what was going on and gave everything at a weird perspective and everything seemed smaller. The gamecube version is slightly from the original in the fact that it is naturally easier, they made certain scenarios easier for the player, in addition to this, they added in some cut scenes. Now whether or not the cut scenes are impractical and completely unbelievable, I found it just added more in the making of Snake being a complete badass. The graphics are redone, new added cut scenes, and a few new easter eggs are in this game. It's not very long, but the plot and gameplay is very rewarding much like the rest of the series.

Game:
Stealth based strategy action. You can use your silencer and sneak around and hide bodies and hide in a box, or you can pull out your machine gun and hope your bullets hit them first. Various ways to play that make the game harder or easier, but ideally based off stealth combat where you go into an environment only geared with your wits and skill. (Recommended by Rehd)

Nintendo Wii

Castle Shikigami III
If you're a fan of bullet hell style Shmups, Castle of Shikigami III is really awesome.
Some of the dialogue is ridiculous, because it's translated correctly but it just doesn't make sense. (Recommended by jefftheworld)

Mario Kart: Wii
Remember Mario Kart on the N64? Well upgrade the graphics, add some more tracks, and motorcycles that can do wheelies and you have even more fun. Online is great with up to 12 players and great for playing with friends. Good all round fun. (Recommended by TWINTURBOSkyline)

Playstation

In Cold Blood (Playstation)

You play the previous x number of hours of captured British agent, John Cord. He has infiltrated a mining operation in a fictional russian joint called...Volgia...I think. The levels are linked by cut scenes of John Being interrogated, as he recalls the previous hours in which his investigation took place. There's a few good twists along the way and the story keeps you going right up till the end.

Gameplay: A real thinking man's game this is. You do get weapons but the bulk (and best) of the gameplay is the puzzle solving. Some of the puzzles are real intricate sort of stuff, and it pays to think outside of normal video game puzzle box. The levels are prerendered and the camera fixed, which actually works quite well for the game, giving it a real step up in the graphics and the atmosphere, in what is now the dinosaur days of video games. It did create a few issues when trying to escape quickly though.
Overall a superb and unique experience everyone should take a look at. (recommended by No-business-like-ho-business)

Playstation 2

The Getaway
A sort of British version of GTA except without free roam in between missions. Its more realistic compared to pre-GTA4 games, with better car physics. There is no HUD, however you can tell where to go because the indicators flash and if you are injured, your clothes become blood stained and you start to limp. You are Mark Hammond, ex-gangster gone good, your kid has just been kidnapped and your wife has been shot by enemy Charlie Jolson. On the run from the police on suspicion of murder, you must do tasks for Charlie, including killing old friends and turning gangs on each other, to see your kid again. With the few friends you have left, you make a plan to make Charlie regret he ever messed with you......... (recommended by Hoggman)

Playstation 3

Grand Theft Auto: 4 (also on Xbox 360)

Grand Theft Auto 4: I'm not one to give into hype or even like GTA games since the franchise went 3-D. I never completed the ones on PS2. I actually rented this game on Gamefly on accident, they sent me the wrong game. So I put it in the 360 and said i'd give it a go for a few mins. 12 hours later, I was hooked. This is a huge improvement over the past titles. The aiming is great, the online is fun, and the characters are awesome. The only thing I still hate is the car controls, I always flip off when I hit a small bump, so annoying. (Recommended by Silverslug)

Metal Gear Solid 4
I think everyone should play this game through once. The gameplay is great, story is great, and is a great game. The story really seemed to get me connected to Snake. (Recommended by brandonman)

Xbox
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Created by the masters of the western RPG, Bioware, comes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. An in-depth RPG with intricate gameplay, though it may be fairly old, it's still better than most modern things you'll play.
The story is easily the best thing about the game, the characters and plot twists keep you hooked right from the word go, though im not going to give anything away as that would spoil the point of this thread. The characters in it actually make you give a damn about them, which to be honest, is a rare thing in games these days. Pretty much anyone you ask will have only good things to say about it.
Best part about it though, is that you could probably find it in a bargain bin for a fiver.

The second game in the series (KOTOR 2 funnily) is also worth a mention. It's not as good as the first, and can seem a little rushed, though any fan of the first shouldn't give it a miss because of this. (recommended by ronok)

Sega Genesis

Phantasy Star IV - The fourth and final installment of the true Phantasy Star series as you traveled the Algo star system in this traditional Japanese RPG. What made this game stand apart from it's competitors was it's open ended mercenary missions, manga-paneled cutscenes and overall character development that seemed unparalleled for it's time. This game offers some of the best single player RPG experiences that rivals that of the super-power Square games of it's time. A must play for the Genesis system.

Mutant League Football - With a world entrenched in John Madden, Mutant League Football brought a unique twist to the sports genre. In this game you played as teams of various freaks of nature that ranged from skeletal minions to alien metal-heads in an all out brawl that roughly resembles American Football. What made this game great was the ability to kill other players, bribe refs and commit wild audibles that brought a torrential downpour of destruction in it's wake. Before there was NFL Blitz, there was Mutant League Football. Also available in hockey form (my personal favorite as well), for the Canadians.

Comix Zone
- A great brawler that brought a unique style to the 16-bit area, Comix Zone was a unique twist of traditional beat em up play, with the presentation of a living comic book. Players would navigate panels of a comic book as they battled their foes, moving deftly from one panel to another. With branching paths and a tough difficulty level, this game utilized an archaic inventory system to help dole out the damage against your enemies. Gamers beware, as this is for the more hardcore of players, it is difficult to a frustrating degree, but filled with a lot of fun and adventure that can not be compared to this day.

Flashback: The Quest for Identity - From the creators of OUt of This World came a third person action adventure game that brought another great theatrical experience. Play as the mysterious Conrad B. Hart (yes I know cheesy name) as you try to uncover your missing identity and an unusual plot for alien domination. This game featured rotoscoped animations (a technique used in the original Prince of Persia) and had some of the most intense chases and platforming jumps that left you in a heated sweat for more. This game offered a very long story, a feeling of a grander world around you and a lot of fun and enjoyment as you fought against the alien conspirators. Check this game out for sure!

King's Bounty - From the creators of Might and Magic came King's Bounty, the virtual predecessor to the Heroes of Might and Magic series. You played a servant to the king in search of the scepter of Order, which was hidden away. In order to find it, you had to build your armies and battle evil lords who held pieces of the map that led to the scepter. What made this game so great was it's turn based tactical combat and a real-time time-limit in order to complete your task. Not only that, but the game featured a randomizer, making the scepter's location change with each game, making it a unique experience each time you played. This is a must for the strategy fans as this game is unparalleled in it's genre.

ShadowRun - This interpretation of the Shadowrun series brought with it a forerunner in the sandbox genre. As Joshua, you wandered the city streets of Seattle, working as a shadowrunner, a mercenary for hire in a deadly world. This game offered the closest experience to the original Pen and Paper game, giving you RPG stats and experience points, access to the Matrix, a virtual world that allows you to hack into the city itself where you can disable security cameras in corporate offices you are breaking into, or even just to harvest information to sell on the black market, and so much more. This game gave you the full ShadowRun experience in an open-ended environment, allowing you follow the story, or giving you the freedom to build contacts, gain reputation and esteem in the community and building a team of lethal killing agents. This game is an absolute must for any true gamer.

Gunstar Heroes (Also on the Wii Virtual Console): Anime and stylish shooter in the vein of Metal Slug, but extreme. The game lets you grab enemies and throw them, pick the levels you want to play like Mega Man, and weapon pick ups. It also has some very interesting bosses and gameplay changes.

Not to mention its by Treasure, one of the best developers ever...e.v...er.rrr..r.r.r.r.r. (Recommended by Silverslug)

Xbox 360
Halo 3 - Coming from a gamer who despised Halo 1 and 2, Halo 3 is an amazing game that should be loved by gamers of all consoles (usually hated by PS3 owners due to its leetitude). It is the perfect console FPS. Its controls are the best that dual analogue sticks can offer. The single player offers a lengthy campaign with beautiful graphics, vehicles, weapons and cinematics. The game wraps up the trilogy's story in a straightforward (yet epic) manner. Multiplayer is where this game truly shines. From 2-16 players, the maps and gameplay are unparalled in a future-based FPS. Certain weapons have been rebalanced, as well as the addition of crowd favorites like the Gravity Hammer and the Spartan Laser. Better yet, the game ships with Forge, a highly advanced Map Editor and the ability to save replays of your matches. The use of vehicles in multiplayer exceeds those of any other FPS on the market; nothing can beat the sheer awesomeness that is driving around any vehicle in Halo 3. This game is a must have for X-Box 360 owners, and is perfect for noobs and pros alike. (recommended by Rljohn)

(Note: Other Consoles will be added in as the need is created)

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice series for the DS:
Visual novel style games revolving around defense attorneys who must defend their highly suspect clients. Highly rated and popular games with enthralling gameplay, great music and likeable characters . Not really a game if you are looking for fast action or explosions but definitely deserve a play if you can deal with a lot of text.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Hoggman

Hoggman
  • Members
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Hoggnogg
  • PSN:Hoggman
The Getaway (PS2)

A sort of British version of GTA except without free roam in between missions. Its more realistic compared to pre-GTA4 games, with better car physics. There is no HUD, however you can tell where to go because the indicators flash and if you are injured, your clothes become blood stained and you start to limp. You are Mark Hammond, ex-gangster gone good, your kid has just been kidnapped and your wife has been shot by enemy Charlie Jolson. On the run from the police on suspicion of murder, you must do tasks for Charlie, including killing old friends and turning gangs on each other, to see your kid again. With the few friends you have left, you make a plan to make Charlie regret he ever messed with you.........

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes for gamecube

Why Gamecube version?
This is a redo of the metal gear solid for the playstation. If you are like me and love old school games but absolutely hate the graphics then this would be the version to get. In the first one I found it was a bit harder to see what was going on and gave everything at a weird perspective and everything seemed smaller. The gamecube version is slightly from the original in the fact that it is naturally easier, they made certain scenarios easier for the player, in addition to this, they added in some cut scenes. Now whether or not the cut scenes are impractical and completely unbelievable, I found it just added more in the making of Snake being a complete badass. The graphics are redone, new added cut scenes, and a few new easter eggs are in this game. It's not very long, but the plot and gameplay is very rewarding much like the rest of the series.

Game:
Stealth based strategy action. You can use your silencer and sneak around and hide bodies and hide in a box, or you can pull out your machine gun and hope your bullets hit them first. Various ways to play that make the game harder or easier, but ideally based off stealth combat where you go into an environment only geared with your wits and skill.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

No-business-like-ho-business

No-business-like-ho-business
  • Members
  • 171 posts
In Cold Blood (Playstation)

You play the previous x number of hours of captured British agent, John Cord. He has infiltrated a mining operation in a fictional russian joint called...Volgia...I think. The levels are linked by cut scenes of John Being interrogated, as he recalls the previous hours in which his investigation took place. There's a few good twists along the way and the story keeps you going right up till the end.

Gameplay: A real thinking man's game this is. You do get weapons but the bulk (and best) of the gameplay is the puzzle solving. Some of the puzzles are real intricate sort of stuff, and it pays to think outside of normal video game puzzle box. The levels are prerendered and the camera fixed, which actually works quite well for the game, giving it a real step up in the graphics and the atmosphere, in what is now the dinosaur days of video games. It did create a few issues when trying to escape quickly though.

Overall a superb and unique experience everyone should take a look at.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
Killer 7 for Gamecube or PS2, if I explain why you should play it, it would defeat the purpose of playing the game as any information could spoil the entire game. If you read any reviews or pretty much any information on the game it will severely ruin the game for you, most likely. However, I will say it's an on-rails shooter where you can switch between multiple characters who all have a different gun.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Ronok

Ronok
  • Members
  • 186 posts
KOTOR for the Xbox:

Created by the masters of the western RPG, Bioware, comes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. An in-depth RPG with intricate gameplay, though it may be fairly old, it's still better than most modern things you'll play.
The story is easily the best thing about the game, the characters and plot twists keep you hooked right from the word go, though im not going to give anything away as that would spoil the point of this thread. The characters in it actually make you give a damn about them, which to be honest, is a rare thing in games these days. Pretty much anyone you ask will have only good things to say about it.
Best part about it though, is that you could probably find it in a bargain bin for a fiver pp_smiley13.gif

The second game in the series (KOTOR 2 funnily) is also worth a mention. It's not as good as the first, and can seem a little rushed, though any fan of the first shouldn't give it a miss because of this.

Rljohn

Rljohn
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • xfire:rljohn
  • Xbox / GFWL:rljohn
  • Wii:4945597007048201
Chrono Trigger for the SNES.

This is widely considered to be the best RPG, nay, the best game of all time. Amazing graphics for the SNES, a deep involving story, multiple characters, time travel, multiple endings, and one of the best musical scores available on the 16 bit consoles. You cannot consider yourself a gamer until you have played through this game, at least 5 times.

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Pwning, writing, reviewing, music composition, acting, programming
  • Xbox / GFWL:BogusMeatFactor
  • Wii:6374897161850475
  • Gamer Army ID:3688
  • Company:Golf
The Genesis Era:

Phantasy Star IV - The fourth and final installment of the true Phantasy Star series as you traveled the Algo star system in this traditional Japanese RPG. What made this game stand apart from it's competitors was it's open ended mercenary missions, manga-paneled cutscenes and overall character development that seemed unparalleled for it's time. This game offers some of the best single player RPG experiences that rivals that of the super-power Square games of it's time. A must play for the Genesis system.

Mutant League Football - With a world entrenched in John Madden, Mutant League Football brought a unique twist to the sports genre. In this game you played as teams of various freaks of nature that ranged from skeletal minions to alien metal-heads in an all out brawl that roughly resembles American Football. What made this game great was the ability to kill other players, bribe refs and commit wild audibles that brought a torrential downpour of destruction in it's wake. Before there was NFL Blitz, there was Mutant League Football. Also available in hockey form (my personal favorite as well), for the Canadians.

Comix Zone - A great brawler that brought a unique style to the 16-bit area, Comix Zone was a unique twist of traditional beat em up play, with the presentation of a living comic book. Players would navigate panels of a comic book as they battled their foes, moving deftly from one panel to another. With branching paths and a tough difficulty level, this game utilized an archaic inventory system to help dole out the damage against your enemies. Gamers beware, as this is for the more hardcore of players, it is difficult to a frustrating degree, but filled with a lot of fun and adventure that can not be compared to this day.

Flashback: The Quest for Identity - From the creators of OUt of This World came a third person action adventure game that brought another great theatrical experience. Play as the mysterious Conrad B. Hart (yes I know cheesy name) as you try to uncover your missing identity and an unusual plot for alien domination. This game featured rotoscoped animations (a technique used in the original Prince of Persia) and had some of the most intense chases and platforming jumps that left you in a heated sweat for more. This game offered a very long story, a feeling of a grander world around you and a lot of fun and enjoyment as you fought against the alien conspirators. Check this game out for sure!

King's Bounty - From the creators of Might and Magic came King's Bounty, the virtual predecessor to the Heroes of Might and Magic series. You played a servant to the king in search of the scepter of Order, which was hidden away. In order to find it, you had to build your armies and battle evil lords who held pieces of the map that led to the scepter. What made this game so great was it's turn based tactical combat and a real-time time-limit in order to complete your task. Not only that, but the game featured a randomizer, making the scepter's location change with each game, making it a unique experience each time you played. This is a must for the strategy fans as this game is unparalleled in it's genre.

ShadowRun - This interpretation of the Shadowrun series brought with it a forerunner in the sandbox genre. As Joshua, you wandered the city streets of Seattle, working as a shadowrunner, a mercenary for hire in a deadly world. This game offered the closest experience to the original Pen and Paper game, giving you RPG stats and experience points, access to the Matrix, a virtual world that allows you to hack into the city itself where you can disable security cameras in corporate offices you are breaking into, or even just to harvest information to sell on the black market, and so much more. This game gave you the full ShadowRun experience in an open-ended environment, allowing you follow the story, or giving you the freedom to build contacts, gain reputation and esteem in the community and building a team of lethal killing agents. This game is an absolute must for any true gamer.

These are just a few of the great games people may have missed from the Sega Genesis era.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Generally accepted as the greatest game of all time. Amazing graphics, gameplay and story that is still great even to this very day. Whether you're a Nintenfag, Sonyfag or Xboxfag, you need to at least try this game once in your life. I've played through the game at least 5 times and am playing through it again right now. It still feels fresh to me. It's fucking unbelievable really. Find the N64 version or the Gamecube ports on eBay, or buy it off the Virtual Console.

This is a great topic, I'm definately going to contribute later!

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Rljohn

Rljohn
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • xfire:rljohn
  • Xbox / GFWL:rljohn
  • Wii:4945597007048201
X-Box 360:

Halo 3 - Coming from a gamer who despised Halo 1 and 2, Halo 3 is an amazing game that should be loved by gamers of all consoles (usually hated by PS3 owners due to its leetitude). It is the perfect console FPS. Its controls are the best that dual analogue sticks can offer. The single player offers a lengthy campaign with beautiful graphics, vehicles, weapons and cinematics. The game wraps up the trilogy's story in a straightforward (yet epic) manner. Multiplayer is where this game truly shines. From 2-16 players, the maps and gameplay are unparalled in a future-based FPS. Certain weapons have been rebalanced, as well as the addition of crowd favorites like the Gravity Hammer and the Spartan Laser. Better yet, the game ships with Forge, a highly advanced Map Editor and the ability to save replays of your matches. The use of vehicles in multiplayer exceeds those of any other FPS on the market; nothing can beat the sheer awesomeness that is driving around any vehicle in Halo 3. This game is a must have for X-Box 360 owners, and is perfect for noobs and pros alike.

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
Nintendo Wii:
Mario Kart Wii

Remember Mario Kart on the N64? Well upgrade the graphics, add some more tracks, and motorcycles that can do wheelies and you have even more fun. Online is great with up to 12 players and great for playing with friends. Good all round fun.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Ali-A

Ali-A
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Fire Emblem 7 (Gameboy Advance)

If you love Advance Wars on the GBA/DS, then this is must get. Rather than tanks and guns, the game uses Knights, Sword wielders and the like. But beware, once a unit is killed, it is gone forever! A triangle system is used and explained, telling you which weapon you should equip to give you an advantage over the enemie. Just as Pokemon, where Water > Fire, Fire > Grass and Grass > Water, the game takes the 3 main weapons, the Axe, Sword and Lance and puts them into a triangle. Axe > Lance, Lance > Sword and Sword > Axe. The game also uses a level up and EXP. system, where you can level up each character and gain EXP. from defeating enemies. The max level you can reach is level 20. After you reach level 10, you can 'upgrade' the character using a set item, which will boost their stats and sometimes give them new weapons to use. This game is quite low profile, with many gamers over looking and missing this wonderful game. I would recomend it anyone who enjoys the old Pokemon 'leveling up' system which is linked to an emotional story.

Hope this is up to your standard! =]

jefftheworld

jefftheworld
  • GA Captain
  • 790 posts
  • xfire:jefftheworld
  • Steam ID:jefftheworld
  • Xbox / GFWL:jefftheworld
  • PSN:jefftheworld
  • Gamer Army ID:2435
If you're a fan of bullet hell style Shmups, Castle of Shikigami III is really awesome.

Some of the dialogue is ridiculous, because it's translated correctly but it just doesn't make sense.

After beating the first boss (with some characters) she yells out "But...I want...a...boyfriend..."

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
PS4 is a must!

ANYWAYS

Xbox 360 and Playstation 3:

Grand Theft Auto 4: I'm not one to give into hype or even like GTA games since the franchise went 3-D. I never completed the ones on PS2. I actually rented this game on Gamefly on accident, they sent me the wrong game. So I put it in the 360 and said i'd give it a go for a few mins. 12 hours later, I was hooked. This is a huge improvement over the past titles. The aiming is great, the online is fun, and the characters are awesome. The only thing I still hate is the car controls, I always flip off when I hit a small bump, so annoying.

Sega Genesis:

Gunstar Heroes: Anime and stylish shooter in the vein of Metal Slug, but extreme. The game lets you grab enemies and throw them, pick the levels you want to play like Mega Man, and weapon pick ups. It also has some very interesting bosses and gameplay changes.

Not to mention its by Treasure, one of the best developers ever...e.v...er.rrr..r.r.r.r.r.

ClassicalWarlock

ClassicalWarlock
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Classical Guitar<br />Fighting/Wrestling<br />Skateboarding<br />Gaming.
  • PSN:AnarchismKUSH
Socom: Confrontation.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158

And no more mention of the Wii will be neccesary in this topic, because the above image mentioned every must own game that the system will ever produce.

Until the new Zelda is released in 2020.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

brandonman

brandonman
  • Members
  • 54 posts
  • xfire:brandonman
Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3
I think everyone should play this game through once. The gameplay is great, story is great, and is a great game. The story really seemed to get me connected to Snake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users