Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Akira TGM 3 Tetris

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

S1N

S1N
  • GA Master Sergeant
  • 737 posts
  • xfire:ghostlysilence
  • Interests:I'm a LARPer and I'm proud of it.
  • Steam ID:shirotakaro
  • Xbox / GFWL:CHAOSEVEN
  • Wii:7983133707186099
  • Gamer Army ID:4521
  • Company:Bravo
So I was bored earlier and decided to browse Youtube for some entertainment when I saw this.

You wanna talk about shitting bricks, I just shat a small house. I wanna know your opinions about this. This is inhuman.

I know people can get really good at Tetris, but this is just ridiculous.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (S1N @ Apr 30 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I was bored earlier and decided to browse Youtube for some entertainment when I saw this.

You wanna talk about shitting bricks, I just shat a small house. I wanna know your opinions about this. This is inhuman.

I know people can get really good at Tetris, but this is just ridiculous.

Ridiculous ??

THIS IS TETRIS !!

Yeah, I've seen some other Akira vids back then. Sick as hell, but awesome lol.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
To quote other arcade players: "Good Shit".

Yeah, this is an awesome vid. It's feasible though, cause I know puyo puyo fever (the only puzzler I'm semi-good at) gets almost that fast once you get to the harder modes.

However there is no stealth mode in Puyo Puyo. That was just evil XD

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

KuRRopT

KuRRopT
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • xfire:pzycho112
  • Xbox / GFWL:KuRRopT
  • PSN:QuakeLive: KuRRopT
Pretty old, yet still awesome ^^ Always wondered what could get anyone to spend so much time on Tetris. It is indeed a awesome game, but he must have spend a ridiculous amount of time (and money) playing it on the arcade =/

Pwning is my business, and business is GOOD!

technoDave

technoDave
  • GA Private
  • 780 posts
  • xfire:tehdave1990
  • Interests:Games, programming, guitar playing, electronics and beer.
  • Steam ID:Seņor Giggles
  • Xbox / GFWL:biopunk08
  • Gamer Army ID:698
  • Company:Gamma
I thought he was good when he was placing blocks at lightning speed with exceptional precision, and then he goes and does it with invisible blocks.

There's only one word for that: insane.
\m/

freehugsguy

freehugsguy
  • Members
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:free hugs tbh
am i just really bad at tetris or do most people think that its slow at the begining as the descripotion stated. cus i thought the begining was insane.
QUOTE (xCarnosaurx @ Aug 16 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol smart models? Thats an oxymoron. Models are so stupid I'm suprised their bodys havn't shut down.

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
  • xfire:mixtape69
  • Interests:fps,rts
  • Steam ID:mixtape69
  • Xbox / GFWL:Biirdeh
  • PSN:.
  • Wii:.
  • Gamer Army ID:2080
Wow....

Fast enough? I don't think my brain can think that fast lol. Of course he is Asian. They are good at things like this.. Tetris, DDR.. Games like those..

-Fistvsface

-Fistvsface
  • GA Private
  • 579 posts
  • xfire:whatryoulookingat
  • PSN:Fistvsface
  • Wii:6308510389223278
  • Gamer Army ID:3746
o_O
Wow. I've seen other GM videos but that was by far the most impressive.

I have to admit, it seemed pretty slow at the beginning, I was actually kinda disappointed.
But then I jumped to aroudn... 3:30 and... holy. fucking. shit. I actually didn't blink for the rest of the video.
And the ghost blocks too.
Urk.
sdlkufjgl;sujdfn;ign;soid'gd

kudos to "Jin8"

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
seen it before. Fucking incredible, takes a lot of time to get that good. The way he recovers is the best though. His spinning is so well timed... friggin' amazing.
Come at me bro

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
I can play at immediate drop gravity on Tetris DS for hours but the rate of the dropping blocks on would rape me let alone the fucking invisibility.

Thats Daves Sister right?

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
QUOTE (freehugsguy @ Apr 30 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am i just really bad at tetris or do most people think that its slow at the begining as the descripotion stated. cus i thought the begining was insane.

It was fast because he was holding down to place the blocks since they were so slow he could tell right where to put them. Later on it got so fast that he didn't need to hold down and they'd still fall as fast.

QUOTE (-Birdy- @ Apr 30 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fast enough? I don't think my brain can think that fast lol. Of course he is Asian. They are good at things like this.. Tetris, DDR.. Games like those..

It just takes practice... Asians just play these types of games more than Americans do. However, white people can play DDR.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (SN3S @ May 1 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was fast because he was holding down to place the blocks since they were so slow he could tell right where to put them. Later on it got so fast that he didn't need to hold down and they'd still fall as fast.

It just takes practice... Asians just play these types of games more than Americans do. However, white people can play DDR.

Cartoonhero is a real good DDR player.
Too bad his a douche.

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
I'm wondering how they are good at these games. Is it like in their blood when they are young? Also check out iamchris4life on youtube. Insane DDR player.

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (Ineffable @ May 1 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cartoonhero is a real good DDR player.
Too bad his a douche.

QFT. He's funny at times though, I'll give him that.

QUOTE (-Birdy- @ May 1 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm wondering how they are good at these games. Is it like in their blood when they are young? Also check out iamchris4life on youtube. Insane DDR player.

Nope, it's just practice. But like I said, in Asia the arcades are a bit better and usually larger/more available (in japan anyways).

Also, Japanese players have a fondness for classic games, some don't like playing newer games. Couple that with the wide availability of said older games, and they have the means to get good at them.

And Chris4life was great, but he was playing home most of the time; home is easier than arcade. However he did play well at arcades too, it was just never documented well. My fave DDR pro has to be either DukAm0k or Yasu. Both great guys, and very good at the game.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (-Birdy- @ May 1 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its because of practice and dedication. SN3S probably took nearly all the words out of my mouth.
Asia has arcades on nearly every street in the city so they can really just play anywhere they want with a community where they can pretty much just practice on each other.

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
Ahh, NO FAIR! I wish Canada had that... I went to Japan.. O..M..F..G! There are like games everywhere.

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
This guy must dream of Tetris every name.

Mazo

Mazo
  • GA Private
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Writing, music, bastardry, car-things, ADVENTURE!, learnin', food, and gaming in pretty much all of its forms. I mean shit, I was born with an NES controller in my tiny hands, that's gotta count for something.
  • Gamer Army ID:3951
I think part of what makes both Tetris and DDR players really good is just intense practice and technique. I used to play DDR so hard I'd dream in arrows... same with IIDX, actually. But now I'm all out of practice, getting winded on 9-footers, while my friends are gathering up AAAs and such.

A friend of mine once pointed out that all the better DDR players around here move a lot less, and compared that to martial arts. Lacking any sort of training in anything, I dismissed the crap out of it, but considering our difference in skill level and the fact that I started playing months before he did, he's probably right!
For the great taste that's never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, make it a Rick Lite.

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
When I play too much tetris blocks start appearing around my vision.

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (Mazo @ May 1 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think part of what makes both Tetris and DDR players really good is just intense practice and technique. I used to play DDR so hard I'd dream in arrows... same with IIDX, actually. But now I'm all out of practice, getting winded on 9-footers, while my friends are gathering up AAAs and such.

A friend of mine once pointed out that all the better DDR players around here move a lot less, and compared that to martial arts. Lacking any sort of training in anything, I dismissed the crap out of it, but considering our difference in skill level and the fact that I started playing months before he did, he's probably right!

QFT; I haven't played DDR in months sadly. And yeah, the less you move the better you'll do because you conserve energy, not to mention you can move around more quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users